DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:32 pm

GIDP! Ruled out at 2nd and runner interference breaking up DP....WO SS hurt



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Toronto new pitcher....he’s ticked and throwing GaS

mhs95_06
All State
Posts: 1244
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by mhs95_06 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:32 pm
GIDP! Ruled out at 2nd and runner interference breaking up DP....WO SS hurt
WO SS was trying to break-up DP at 2nd?

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:40 pm

1st and 3rd....1 out

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:40 pm

mhs95_06 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:37 pm
Ironman92 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:32 pm
GIDP! Ruled out at 2nd and runner interference breaking up DP....WO SS hurt
WO SS was trying to break-up DP at 2nd?
No Toronto was

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Bases loaded

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:43 pm

To the bottom of the 7th

4-2 WO

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Leadoff hitter down 1-2 but worked a walk

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Runner to 2nd

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Nice play by RF Chase Butler

Runner to 3rd

1 out

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:51 pm

2 down!

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Wild pitch

4-3

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15682
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Whiteoak wins!!!

25th Street NW
Freshman Team
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by 25th Street NW » Thu May 24, 2018 6:58 pm

Congrats to the Wildcats!

greeny
Waterboy
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 am

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by greeny » Thu May 24, 2018 7:02 pm

mhs95_06 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:33 pm
Meagle wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:15 pm
Eastern 8
Centerburg 3
Congrats to Eastern. Who started for them and did he throw a complete game?
Richmond first 6 innings. Mattox came into close but can pitch tomorrow

danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7369
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by danicalifornia » Thu May 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Awesome! Good luck to both teams tomorrow! I'm very excited to watch one of them at Huntington Park next Thursday

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12421
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by 93Bulldog » Thu May 24, 2018 8:01 pm

All southeast final!

Love it

TVC
Varsity
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by TVC » Fri May 25, 2018 12:08 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:01 pm
All southeast final!

Love it
Got rid of the school with a 3 county district and good things have happened. So happy for the southeast to finally have a team make it to the final 4.

formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by formerfcfan » Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 pm

TVC wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:08 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:01 pm
All southeast final!

Love it
Got rid of the school with a 3 county district and good things have happened. So happy for the southeast to finally have a team make it to the final 4.
It's naive to think that Newark Catholic is who always stood in the way, and not other successful programs such as Berlin Hiland or Toronto.

The biggest handicap for the Southeast District, for a long time, was many of the representatives had really good teams but were always stuck with regular season schedules that were often laden with some really bad competition (because of league play obligations.) Come tournament time, whoever they faced in Regionals would often be the best or second-best team they played to date, whereas from the perspective of their regional opponent, the Southeast representative was generally sixth or seventh best team they'd face (given that their regular season conference opponents would be much tougher.) This year, though, is different. Whiteoak and Eastern are the two best teams in the region and two of the best in the entire state. This year's Eastern is as good, if not better, than the majority of Centerburg's opponents (which says a lot, that KMAC was very tough.) Eastern also beefed up their non-conference schedule in a big way, and consequently Centerburg was not the best or second-best they'd face to date (they probably would've been the sixth or seventh best opponent.) Same applies to the squad from Whiteoak, they play fundamentally strong baseball and have the parts necessary to give a team that has two D1 signees (Toronto) serious problems (which they did.)

TVC
Varsity
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by TVC » Fri May 25, 2018 1:14 pm

formerfcfan wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 pm
TVC wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:08 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:01 pm
All southeast final!

Love it
Got rid of the school with a 3 county district and good things have happened. So happy for the southeast to finally have a team make it to the final 4.
It's naive to think that Newark Catholic is who always stood in the way, and not other successful programs such as Berlin Hiland or Toronto.

The biggest handicap for the Southeast District, for a long time, was many of the representatives had really good teams but were always stuck with regular season schedules that were often laden with some really bad competition (because of league play obligations.) Come tournament time, whoever they faced in Regionals would often be the best or second-best team they played to date, whereas from the perspective of their regional opponent, the Southeast representative was generally sixth or seventh best team they'd face (given that their regular season conference opponents would be much tougher.) This year, though, is different. Whiteoak and Eastern are the two best teams in the region and two of the best in the entire state. This year's Eastern is as good, if not better, than the majority of Centerburg's opponents (which says a lot, that KMAC was very tough.) Eastern also beefed up their non-conference schedule in a big way, and consequently Centerburg was not the best or second-best they'd face to date (they probably would've been the sixth or seventh best opponent.) Same applies to the squad from Whiteoak, they play fundamentally strong baseball and have the parts necessary to give a team that has two D1 signees (Toronto) serious problems.
I guess I am naïve then. Who mentioned Newark Catholic. That's right you did. If the shoe fits.

formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: DIV Regional Semis 5/24

Post by formerfcfan » Fri May 25, 2018 2:23 pm

TVC wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:14 pm
formerfcfan wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 pm
TVC wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:08 pm


Got rid of the school with a 3 county district and good things have happened. So happy for the southeast to finally have a team make it to the final 4.
It's naive to think that Newark Catholic is who always stood in the way, and not other successful programs such as Berlin Hiland or Toronto.

The biggest handicap for the Southeast District, for a long time, was many of the representatives had really good teams but were always stuck with regular season schedules that were often laden with some really bad competition (because of league play obligations.) Come tournament time, whoever they faced in Regionals would often be the best or second-best team they played to date, whereas from the perspective of their regional opponent, the Southeast representative was generally sixth or seventh best team they'd face (given that their regular season conference opponents would be much tougher.) This year, though, is different. Whiteoak and Eastern are the two best teams in the region and two of the best in the entire state. This year's Eastern is as good, if not better, than the majority of Centerburg's opponents (which says a lot, that KMAC was very tough.) Eastern also beefed up their non-conference schedule in a big way, and consequently Centerburg was not the best or second-best they'd face to date (they probably would've been the sixth or seventh best opponent.) Same applies to the squad from Whiteoak, they play fundamentally strong baseball and have the parts necessary to give a team that has two D1 signees (Toronto) serious problems.
I guess I am naïve then. Who mentioned Newark Catholic. That's right you did.If the shoe fits.
My apologies for thinking you were referring to Newark Catholic, and not whatever other school you and others have griped about for years on the topic of D4 Regionals in baseball.

Post Reply