TVC Hocking 2018

Kid Green
Waterboy

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Kid Green »

Maroon and gold wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 pm Eastern is talented and are having a great year. Would hate to see it all ruined by playing an ineligible player.
No, no, da Nomad be eligible. An he be throwin da heat. Don't be a hatin jus cuz you lost him. :mrgreen:

Dat wat da Kid be sayin! :mrgreen:
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Any scores on games this week?

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:14 am Any scores on games this week?
Eastern 5, Wahama 4
Trimble 4, Southern 2
Southern 15, Belpre 1

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

Post by Maroon and gold »

Kid Green wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 am
Maroon and gold wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 pm Eastern is talented and are having a great year. Would hate to see it all ruined by playing an ineligible player.
No, no, da Nomad be eligible. An he be throwin da heat. Don't be a hatin jus cuz you lost him. :mrgreen:
Wish him nothing but the best. Not hating, never have. But.... No doubt this was a move to be able to play. To be eligible he's walking a very fine line. To mess up would cost a very good baseball team a lot.

Adding to him a very mediocre Meigs team wouldn't have done them any good.

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Southern has knocked off Waterford, 9-3.

Eastern is the only undefeated team left in the league(7-0) (11-1 overall).

bld m&g
Waterboy

Post by bld m&g »

Maroon and gold wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:19 pm
Wish him nothing but the best. Not hating, never have. But.... No doubt this was a move to be able to play. To be eligible he's walking a very fine line. To mess up would cost a very good baseball team a lot.

So there must not be anyone on the meigs team that must be any good they r young thats for sure but there is really good players on the team adding him would have done them good but saying they r nothing without him is wrong cause im pretty sure there is 9 on the field and it takes 9

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

bld m&g wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:03 pm
Maroon and gold wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:19 pm

So there must not be anyone on the meigs team that must be any good they r young thats for sure but there is really good players on the team adding him would have done them good but saying they r nothing without him is wrong cause im pretty sure there is 9 on the field and it takes 9
Please highlight where I said they were nothing without him. Never said that. Just said they were mediocre. Under 500:right now.

bld m&g
Waterboy

Post by bld m&g »

Then maybe u should say team thats below 500 that doesn't mean they r mediocre u they r pushing the teams in the tvc and will start winning lose to wellston 4-3 lose to athens 3-2 but hey according to u they shouldn't be competing or maybe u should reword it in my opinion

bld m&g
Waterboy

Post by bld m&g »

Hopefully u come watch a game and see how mediocre we r

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

bld m&g wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:17 pm Then maybe u should say team thats below 500 that doesn't mean they r mediocre u they r pushing the teams in the tvc and will start winning lose to wellston 4-3 lose to athens 3-2 but hey according to u they shouldn't be competing or maybe u should reword it in my opinion
Looks like you're doing a great job of rewording it.

me·di·o·cre

ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

of only moderate quality; not very good.

"a mediocre actor"

synonyms:ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish; More

Wins over perennial powers River Valley and Vinton County. I've been to a couple games. They're young. Will be much, much better next year. This year.... Not so much.

bld m&g
Waterboy

Post by bld m&g »

Pretty sure u just made the point maybe u need to go and read ur last post one more time u say not very good, forgettable, so on and so on. Yeah 2-5 so far not a good record but 1-0 and 2-0 vs Warren could have gone the other way just as easy. 4-3 vs wellston out hit wellston could have gone the other way. 3-2 vs athens out hit athens could have gone the other way. My point is dont write them off they r a young good team that needs to find their stride and put it together. Adding him could have easily swong things the other way and instead of being 2-5 they could easily be 6-1. I've been to every game and see more to this team then u give them credit for

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Big week in the Hocking this week as Eastern and Waterford square off on back to back days (Tuesday @ Eastern, and Wednesday @ Waterford.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

bld m&g wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:49 pm Pretty sure u just made the point maybe u need to go and read ur last post one more time u say not very good, forgettable, so on and so on. Yeah 2-5 so far not a good record but 1-0 and 2-0 vs Warren could have gone the other way just as easy. 4-3 vs wellston out hit wellston could have gone the other way. 3-2 vs athens out hit athens could have gone the other way. My point is dont write them off they r a young good team that needs to find their stride and put it together. Adding him could have easily swong things the other way and instead of being 2-5 they could easily be 6-1. I've been to every game and see more to this team then u give them credit for
Could haves and should haves are not the same as what actually happened. Based on the current results and the fact Meigs is below .500 is as mediocre as it gets. I don't believe it was intended as an insult. But to say they are average is a pretty accurate statement. No need to be butthurt over the truth.

bld m&g
Waterboy

Post by bld m&g »

Then saying have another pitcher on the team is a could have should have nobody knows what could be but my point is there r good players on the team and things haven't feel their way to insult them is wrong

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Probably no need to throw your teammates under the bus. I'll go out on a limb and say coyote is upset they are playing over him. Hop off the computer and go back to class.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Seeing as how Meigs isn't in the freakin TVC Hocking, maybe we should keep them of of this thread. Coyote, you are an idiot. Just go away.

coyote II
Waterboy

Post by coyote II »

We'll see about that.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

There is absolutely no reason to say those players suck, they are some good ball players and great kids. Meigs is young and the next few years will be a solid team. They are hanging in there in the games they have played in the TVC-Ohio matchups. I think they will place 3rd, maybe 2nd in the TVC-Ohio, it will all depend on the pitching and someone stepping up in clutch times. Yes losing the Ace pitcher and leadoff batter hurt them, but it's a team and they will compensate.

And that one kid isn't going to make Eastern any better then they already are, but he will help with the rotation and in the batters box.

Like Blizzard said, this isn't TVC-Ohio talk, there is a topic on that already.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

tvc_fan wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:11 pm There is absolutely no reason to say those players suck, they are some good ball players and great kids. Meigs is young and the next few years will be a solid team. They are hanging in there in the games they have played in the TVC-Ohio matchups. I think they will place 3rd, maybe 2nd in the TVC-Ohio, it will all depend on the pitching and someone stepping up in clutch times. Yes losing the Ace pitcher and leadoff batter hurt them, but it's a team and they will compensate.

And that one kid isn't going to make Eastern any better then they already are, but he will help with the rotation and in the batters box.

Like Blizzard said, this isn't TVC-Ohio talk, there is a topic on that already.
You say one kid is not going to make them better but will help them in the rotation and in the batters box. What does make them better consist of then?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

To say Mattox won't help or make Eastern better in the districts (and hopefully regionals) when they play 2 huge games on back-to-back days - is absolutely crazy!

He is going be an enormous help

Return to “Baseball”