TVC Hocking 2018

Kid Green
Waterboy

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Kid Green »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:21 am
Steely Dan wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:38 pm OK, so I've been off the baseball forum for a super long time. Wow, all of this noise over a kid who has been a nomad throughout his high school years, wow, has all of this movement of his due to athletics and his family not being satisfied with his "star" recognition or what? I've been reading through this thread and all I can say is "WOW TIMMY!". Kind of reminds me of all the squawk around that Hoffman kid a few years ago, you know, the kid that struck out like 24 batters in his first varsity start as a freshman at Fed Hock and his Daddy subsequently pulled his butt out of Fed Hock, then maybe stopped at Meigs, only to eventually end up at Wahama? Is he still playing, or did his eligibility finally run out? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:
A Nomads? He has been at Meigs his entire life, has 2 brothers that graduated and went to MEIGS all their lives. This player was a 4 year Varsity football player, 3 year Varsity basketball player (played a few varsity games as a freshman) and would have been a 4 year Varsity baseball player at Meigs. So one move hardly makes him a nomad.

I don't have to talk him up, all his awards he has received in his high school career speaks for itself. I don't have to list them.

But the talk of one kid is over, talk about the TVC Hocking.
Eastern be winnin everything dis year wit da Nomad on da hill. He be acing all dem Suthrn boyz. :mrgreen:

Dat wat da Kid be sayin! :mrgreen:
Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

coyote wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:53 pm
coyote wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 am Word on the street is Mattox is at school at EASTERN today
Yes you saw him there and it was not official, however he got the call today and he starts tomorrow morning and is now an Eastern Eagle.
Good for the young man. Eastern is one of the best schools in the area, always very classy. Most importantly he gets his diploma but I'm also excited to watch him possibly play some baseball! Looks like it's gonna be a great year at Eastern with or without him, but he will only help if he is able to play.
How does changing schools ensure he graduates? Does Eastern just hand out diplomas? You have to have the credits to graduate. Just curious how that works.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Chuck Finley wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:26 pm

Yes you saw him there and it was not official, however he got the call today and he starts tomorrow morning and is now an Eastern Eagle.
Good for the young man. Eastern is one of the best schools in the area, always very classy. Most importantly he gets his diploma but I'm also excited to watch him possibly play some baseball! Looks like it's gonna be a great year at Eastern with or without him, but he will only help if he is able to play.
How does changing schools ensure he graduates? Does Eastern just hand out diplomas? You have to have the credits to graduate. Just curious how that works.
He has enough credits. Thanks.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Honestly what's it to you? Seriously time to move on.

Kid Green
Waterboy

Post by Kid Green »

Dis kid be smart. He be passin all his classes at da Eastrn. He gadgeate dat fo sho. He be bringin the heat off da hill 2 an dat what you be fearin aint it? You be hopin he dont play, dat fo sho. :mrgreen:

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Standings so far?

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

TVC wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:24 pm Standings so far?
Eastern is 7-0 (3-0 Hocking)

Idk about the other teams bc the TVC won't get it up on their website!!

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

coyote wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:31 am

The TVC doesn't have a website that I am aware of. The one that exists is ran by a guy that does it on his own and he has been out of the area lately working.
Wahama is 3-0
Southern is 1-0
not heard about any others

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

TVC wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 am
coyote wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:31 am

The TVC doesn't have a website that I am aware of. The one that exists is ran by a guy that does it on his own and he has been out of the area lately working.
Wahama is 3-0
Southern is 1-0
not heard about any others
http://trivalleyconference.com/

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I am not in Ohio right now, sorry.

The site is independently ran by me.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

tvc_fan wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:51 pm
Nice. Hate to see a senior not graduate. So,changing schools was just to play baseball. I get it now. I did not understand how switching insured graduating.

Kid Green
Waterboy

Post by Kid Green »

Chuck Finley wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:25 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Nice. Hate to see a senior not graduate. So,changing schools was just to play baseball. I get it now. I did not understand how switching insured graduating.
Come on Chick don't be a hater. Da Nomad a pitcher and no body greater. He be throwin for da Eagles dat how it is. If he be gaduatin it's no buds bizz. :mrgreen:

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Eastern 9-1, 5-0 Hocking

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

Post by Maroon and gold »

Eastern is talented and are having a great year. Would hate to see it all ruined by playing an ineligible player.

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Maroon and gold wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 pm Eastern is talented and are having a great year. Would hate to see it all ruined by playing an ineligible player.
I don't think Coach Bowen is dumb enough to take that chance... We will see.

Kid Green
Waterboy

Post by Kid Green »

Maroon and gold wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 pm Eastern is talented and are having a great year. Would hate to see it all ruined by playing an ineligible player.
No, no, da Nomad be eligible. An he be throwin da heat. Don't be a hatin jus cuz you lost him. :mrgreen:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Any scores on games this week?

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:14 am Any scores on games this week?
Eastern 5, Wahama 4
Trimble 4, Southern 2
Southern 15, Belpre 1

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

Post by Maroon and gold »

Kid Green wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 am
No, no, da Nomad be eligible. An he be throwin da heat. Don't be a hatin jus cuz you lost him. :mrgreen:
Wish him nothing but the best. Not hating, never have. But.... No doubt this was a move to be able to play. To be eligible he's walking a very fine line. To mess up would cost a very good baseball team a lot.

Adding to him a very mediocre Meigs team wouldn't have done them any good.

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Southern has knocked off Waterford, 9-3.

Eastern is the only undefeated team left in the league(7-0) (11-1 overall).

Return to “Baseball”