TVC Hocking 2018

User avatar
Fonzie
All State
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Fonzie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:59 am

Ol' Bud wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 pm
Fonzie wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:37 am
When are scrimmages for the TVC teams?
When do you shut up and start talking about relevant subjects??? You're a total AH!!
Well, Ol'Bud, it appears that on Wednesday, March 14 at 11:37 am, I asked when the scrimmages were. Last I checked this is the baseball forum, and scrimmages would most definitely be a relevant topic. So not too sure what you're issue is. Do you know when the scrimmages are? Have a great day.



Ol' Bud
Waterboy
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:13 am

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Ol' Bud » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:40 am

Fonzie wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:59 am
Ol' Bud wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 pm
Fonzie wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:37 am
When are scrimmages for the TVC teams?
When do you shut up and start talking about relevant subjects??? You're a total AH!!
Well, Ol'Bud, it appears that on Wednesday, March 14 at 11:37 am, I asked when the scrimmages were. Last I checked this is the baseball forum, and scrimmages would most definitely be a relevant topic. So not too sure what you're issue is. Do you know when the scrimmages are? Have a great day.
Well, Fonzie, it appears that on Wednesday, March 14 at 1:29 pm, I asked you to shut up and begin talking about relevant subjects. You're just mad someone finally had the grit to call you out on your BS. Not sure what your issue is or why you always act the way you do. Do you know when the scrimmages are? Have a great day.

baseball16
Varsity
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 am

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by baseball16 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:18 am

1. Eastern
2. Trimble
3. Wahama
4. Southern
5. Belpre
6. Waterford
7. Miller
8. Fed. Hock
9. South Gallia

Good luck to all Athletes. Enjoy the upcoming Spring.

BaseBaller02
Waterboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 am

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by BaseBaller02 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am

Mattox was not accepted at Eastern for bad grads and also was called a "Bad Influence"

User avatar
Fonzie
All State
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Fonzie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:42 am

Ol' Bud wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:40 am
Fonzie wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:59 am
Ol' Bud wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 pm


When do you shut up and start talking about relevant subjects??? You're a total AH!!
Well, Ol'Bud, it appears that on Wednesday, March 14 at 11:37 am, I asked when the scrimmages were. Last I checked this is the baseball forum, and scrimmages would most definitely be a relevant topic. So not too sure what you're issue is. Do you know when the scrimmages are? Have a great day.
Well, Fonzie, it appears that on Wednesday, March 14 at 1:29 pm, I asked you to shut up and begin talking about relevant subjects. You're just mad someone finally had the grit to call you out on your BS. Not sure what your issue is or why you always act the way you do. Do you know when the scrimmages are? Have a great day.
You've missed the point with my last post. I had already asked a question related to the "relevant" topic. So you're need to "call me out" was not needed. But that is okay. I'm sorry you feel I have said anything that might have offended you. To my knowledge, I have expressed my opinion, which last I checked was still a perk of free speech.

Now that we have that cleared up, I would like to know who Eastern scrimmages and the dates for those games. I do believe even without the boost of Mattox, they still have to be a favorite for the top spot in the league.

User avatar
Fonzie
All State
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Fonzie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:45 am

BaseBaller02 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am
Mattox was not accepted at Eastern for bad grads and also was called a "Bad Influence"
I tend to not put much credit in an account that was created 15 minutes prior to posting something that seems to be intended to stir the pot.

Maroon and gold
Waterboy
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:09 am

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Maroon and gold » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Maddox is a non-factor this year. Just another kid with a gift who got in his own way. Looking forward to another great year of baseball for the Marauders.

User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by BlizzardMan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Maroon and gold wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:46 pm
Maddox is a non-factor this year. Just another kid with a gift who got in his own way. Looking forward to another great year of baseball for the Marauders.
Who will be the ace? Who all is getting mound time?

coyote
Riding the Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 am

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by coyote » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:40 am

Fonzie wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:42 am
Ol' Bud wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:40 am
Fonzie wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:59 am


Well, Ol'Bud, it appears that on Wednesday, March 14 at 11:37 am, I asked when the scrimmages were. Last I checked this is the baseball forum, and scrimmages would most definitely be a relevant topic. So not too sure what you're issue is. Do you know when the scrimmages are? Have a great day.
Well, Fonzie, it appears that on Wednesday, March 14 at 1:29 pm, I asked you to shut up and begin talking about relevant subjects. You're just mad someone finally had the grit to call you out on your BS. Not sure what your issue is or why you always act the way you do. Do you know when the scrimmages are? Have a great day.
You've missed the point with my last post. I had already asked a question related to the "relevant" topic. So you're need to "call me out" was not needed. But that is okay. I'm sorry you feel I have said anything that might have offended you. To my knowledge, I have expressed my opinion, which last I checked was still a perk of free speech.

Now that we have that cleared up, I would like to know who Eastern scrimmages and the dates for those games. I do believe even without the boost of Mattox, they still have to be a favorite for the top spot in the league.
Eastern Lost to Marietta 9-8 in 8 innings in last night's scrimmage

User avatar
tvc_fan
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by tvc_fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:32 am

Daddy Coach wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:41 pm
tvc_fan wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:32 pm
TVC wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 am
Has he applied to Southern or Wahama?
No he has not applied anywhere else.
Well what is he waiting on? Get those applications in quickly! Waiting around will only delay the process of him signing his D1 scholarship or possibly being drafted straight into the majors?

Or is his heart still leaning towards basketball?
Does.it feel good to be a grown adult taking jabs at a kid?

User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by BlizzardMan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:55 am

tvc_fan wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:32 am
Daddy Coach wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:41 pm
tvc_fan wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:32 pm


No he has not applied anywhere else.
Well what is he waiting on? Get those applications in quickly! Waiting around will only delay the process of him signing his D1 scholarship or possibly being drafted straight into the majors?

Or is his heart still leaning towards basketball?
Does.it feel good to be a grown adult taking jabs at a kid?
I agree. Technically he's an adult by law, but he's still a student. Please stop.

Prime Time
Varsity
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Prime Time » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:49 am

I look for anywhere from 1-3 in final standings. Good Luck Cats!

User avatar
tvc_fan
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by tvc_fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Daddy Coach wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:24 am
Not taking jabs. Being serious. Want to see him playing somewhere. You brought all this stuff up and then get mad because some of us want to see how this plays out.
It's still panning out, in the meantime he has been going down to Huntington Prep and playing Basketball and just won a basketball tournament in Portsmouth. He is doing what he loves to do and being a kid while he can.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:59 am

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Chuck Finley » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:58 pm

itsme wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:02 am
All he had to do is to wear a uniform 2 days a week that was required in his Criminal Justice Class and he still have been on the basketball team. Follow the rules that his baseball coach and he would been on baseball team. Seem like to me he has trouble follow the rules
Right. Sounds like a kid who refuses to follow the rules that all of the other kids follow. And, schools do not have to accept open enrollment of kids who don’t follow rules and have poor grades.

User avatar
tvc_fan
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by tvc_fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Chuck Finley wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:58 pm
itsme wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:02 am
All he had to do is to wear a uniform 2 days a week that was required in his Criminal Justice Class and he still have been on the basketball team. Follow the rules that his baseball coach and he would been on baseball team. Seem like to me he has trouble follow the rules
Right. Sounds like a kid who refuses to follow the rules that all of the other kids follow. And, schools do not have to accept open enrollment of kids who don’t follow rules and have poor grades.
You are ate up with jealousy kid.

User avatar
Fonzie
All State
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Fonzie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:29 am

I believe the weather is going to cause a lot of issues with scrimmages/practices in the next week or so.

coyote
Riding the Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 am

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by coyote » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 am

Word on the street is Mattox is at school at EASTERN today

User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by BlizzardMan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:37 pm

coyote wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 am
Word on the street is Mattox is at school at EASTERN today
Change of address does the trick.

User avatar
tvc_fan
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by tvc_fan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:53 pm

coyote wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 am
Word on the street is Mattox is at school at EASTERN today
Yes you saw him there and it was not official, however he got the call today and he starts tomorrow morning and is now an Eastern Eagle.

coyote
Riding the Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 am

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by coyote » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm

tvc_fan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:53 pm
coyote wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 am
Word on the street is Mattox is at school at EASTERN today
Yes you saw him there and it was not official, however he got the call today and he starts tomorrow morning and is now an Eastern Eagle.
Good for the young man. Eastern is one of the best schools in the area, always very classy. Most importantly he gets his diploma but I'm also excited to watch him possibly play some baseball! Looks like it's gonna be a great year at Eastern with or without him, but he will only help if he is able to play.

User avatar
tvc_fan
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by tvc_fan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:27 pm

coyote wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm
tvc_fan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:53 pm
coyote wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 am
Word on the street is Mattox is at school at EASTERN today
Yes you saw him there and it was not official, however he got the call today and he starts tomorrow morning and is now an Eastern Eagle.
Good for the young man. Eastern is one of the best schools in the area, always very classy. Most importantly he gets his diploma but I'm also excited to watch him possibly play some baseball! Looks like it's gonna be a great year at Eastern with or without him, but he will only help if he is able to play.
Thank you for being only one of the few for the support of a kid that is labeled a bad influence, rule breaker that gets failing grades. This will benefit him and Eastern. Kid made a few bad choices and has put them behind him to move forward.

User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by BlizzardMan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:31 pm

tvc_fan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:27 pm
coyote wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm
tvc_fan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:53 pm


Yes you saw him there and it was not official, however he got the call today and he starts tomorrow morning and is now an Eastern Eagle.
Good for the young man. Eastern is one of the best schools in the area, always very classy. Most importantly he gets his diploma but I'm also excited to watch him possibly play some baseball! Looks like it's gonna be a great year at Eastern with or without him, but he will only help if he is able to play.
Thank you for being only one of the few for the support of a kid that is labeled a bad influence, rule breaker that gets failing grades. This will benefit him and Eastern. Kid made a few bad choices and has put them behind him to move forward.
Honestly, and I don't mean this in a bad way, who cares what one 18 year old kid does? Seriously. It affects nobody's life personally but his own.

User avatar
tvc_fan
Varsity
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by tvc_fan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:39 pm

BlizzardMan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:31 pm
tvc_fan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:27 pm
coyote wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Good for the young man. Eastern is one of the best schools in the area, always very classy. Most importantly he gets his diploma but I'm also excited to watch him possibly play some baseball! Looks like it's gonna be a great year at Eastern with or without him, but he will only help if he is able to play.
Thank you for being only one of the few for the support of a kid that is labeled a bad influence, rule breaker that gets failing grades. This will benefit him and Eastern. Kid made a few bad choices and has put them behind him to move forward.
Honestly, and I don't mean this in a bad way, who cares what one 18 year old kid does? Seriously. It affects nobody's life personally but his own.
So any choice or decision u make affects nobody's life but your own?

Maroon and gold
Waterboy
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:09 am

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by Maroon and gold » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:13 pm

One person's actions do affect other people. For instance if you're a parent who cares more about your kids points per game or era than their GPA then you miss all the signs of a rebellious kid who fails to follow the rules. It affects the kid. While he is trying to prove that he would be worthy of a college scholarship, you allow him to get away with not wearing the proper attire to a class he signed up for. Thereby putting himself in a tough spot and making all the potential next level coaches wonder if he would end up rebelling on them too. All the best to Christian Maddox. I hope he overcomes it all and is very successful in life.

User avatar
BlizzardMan
All State
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: TVC Hocking 2018

Post by BlizzardMan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 am

tvc_fan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:39 pm
BlizzardMan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:31 pm
tvc_fan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:27 pm


Thank you for being only one of the few for the support of a kid that is labeled a bad influence, rule breaker that gets failing grades. This will benefit him and Eastern. Kid made a few bad choices and has put them behind him to move forward.
Honestly, and I don't mean this in a bad way, who cares what one 18 year old kid does? Seriously. It affects nobody's life personally but his own.
So any choice or decision u make affects nobody's life but your own?
Dude, I'm trying to get these people to stop dogging your kid, because I personally like him. Why does it matter to anybody on here what he does? Is anybody losing sleep because a high school kid changed schools? That's my point. I exaggerated before with a statement. It happens. I'm just trying to figure out why people care so much. Maroon and Gold, so if this affects Christian long term, how are you affected? I've screwed up and lost jobs in my life. If you lose a job, do you dwell on it to learn from it or go get another job as fast as you can if someone is willing to hire you? You go get another job. This kid wanted to keep playing ball and maybe found a way to do so. Regardless of what he wold have done, at this point in his life he either learned from it or he didn't.

Post Reply