Varsity

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Baseball

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Who was on the mound for each team?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg4 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:14 pm Minford is a great team, 11-0 so far this year, and have played some really good teams this year. Last night, Burg had more hits than Minford in the game, and had the tying run at second when the final out was made. The 3 losses that Burg has had this year were to a Division 1 Team, the reigning State Champions in DIV and the 11-0 Falcons. Burg has a few great hitters but the hits didn't come when they needed to last night.

Season is still young. SOC is halfway thru and Burg plays Minford again. Each team is yet to play Waverly and Minford has West to play. Lots of things can still happen and the Burg Baseball season is not a disaster as some are already indicating.

GO BURG!!!
Please explain how the tying run was on 2nd? I left with 2 outs in the top of the 7th. Burg was down by 2. One runner on base (2nd base).

Please explain

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:17 pm
Burg4 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:14 pm Minford is a great team, 11-0 so far this year, and have played some really good teams this year. Last night, Burg had more hits than Minford in the game, and had the tying run at second when the final out was made. The 3 losses that Burg has had this year were to a Division 1 Team, the reigning State Champions in DIV and the 11-0 Falcons. Burg has a few great hitters but the hits didn't come when they needed to last night.

Season is still young. SOC is halfway thru and Burg plays Minford again. Each team is yet to play Waverly and Minford has West to play. Lots of things can still happen and the Burg Baseball season is not a disaster as some are already indicating.

GO BURG!!!
Please explain how the tying run was on 2nd? I left with 2 outs in the top of the 7th. Burg was down by 2. One runner on base (2nd base).

Please explain
Bleeding Red, next time stay for the entire game. Burg player Walked with 2 outs. With runner on first, Miller came up to bat and hit one off the Right Field Wall. The runners thought it was gone, so they weren't running at full speed. This put runners at 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs. Pitching change was made with Schultz coming in. Being down 2, runners at 2nd and 3rd, that puts the tying run at 2nd and the go ahead run at home plate. Unfortunately for Burg, this batter popped up to catcher and game was over. That's it.

You say Please explain twice, so if you need further explanation let me know LOL

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Lauder pitched for Minford

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg4 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:05 pm

GO BURG!!!

Please explain
Bleeding Red, next time stay for the entire game. Burg player Walked with 2 outs. With runner on first, Miller came up to bat and hit one off the Right Field Wall. The runners thought it was gone, so they weren't running at full speed. This put runners at 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs. Pitching change was made with Schultz coming in. Being down 2, runners at 2nd and 3rd, that puts the tying run at 2nd and the go ahead run at home plate. Unfortunately for Burg, this batter popped up to catcher and game was over. That's it.

You say Please explain twice, so if you need further explanation let me know LOL
No that clarified it. Thanks

I know Burg had one runner on base with 2 outs. Didnt see the ball hit off the right field wall because I did in fact leave early. Not sure why Burg's baserunner was lolly gagging around and not running. Seems he would have scored easily from 2nd from a ball hit off the wall to right field? Especially with 2 outs and runners should be running on contact.

Oh well. Rematch will be here soon enough and I expect another good game between what is probably the best 2 teams in the area again this year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:58 am

Please explain

I know Burg had one runner on base with 2 outs. Didnt see the ball hit off the right field wall because I did in fact leave early. Not sure why Burg's baserunner was lolly gagging around and not running. Seems he would have scored easily from 2nd from a ball hit off the wall to right field? Especially with 2 outs and runners should be running on contact.

Oh well. Rematch will be here soon enough and I expect another good game between what is probably the best 2 teams in the area again this year.
I heard that some of the coaches for burg have installed secret pop up rods in the ground in the outfield that if there is a ball that looks like a routine grounder they will send a wireless signal to activate the rod to re direct the ball. Also there will be secret cameras on the signs given by falcon pitching coach.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:48 am

I heard that some of the coaches for burg have installed secret pop up rods in the ground in the outfield that if there is a ball that looks like a routine grounder they will send a wireless signal to activate the rod to re direct the ball. Also there will be secret cameras on the signs given by falcon pitching coach.
Here’s an idea. Put a school affiliated photographer acting like he’s taking pictures outside Minfords dugout with a microphone up his sleeve and he could call the burg coaches while acting like he was talking to his wife. Oh and make sure he is dressed in orange and black.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:00 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:48 am

Here’s an idea. Put a school affiliated photographer acting like he’s taking pictures outside Minfords dugout with a microphone up his sleeve and he could call the burg coaches while acting like he was talking to his wife. Oh and make sure he is dressed in orange and black.
Exactly. Also make sure burg has been given all of minfords signs, signals, and playbook. That way when he reports it to the coaches, they can look up what that saying means.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Burg Minford game is on! Hours of preparation but gonna play!!!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Great win by the Burg 2 to 0 …

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Burg begins a busy 5 game schedule this week with an SOC game at S Webster tonight, games against Huntington St. Joe- Ashland- Johnson Central at the Greenup County Tournament, and a big SOC matchup against Waverly on Friday night.

Looking back at Burg's 3 losses this year...

* Fort Laramie (defending DIV State Champions) defeated Anna 23-0 on Thursday and they now stand at 10-0

* Minford are now 11-1 after the 2-0 game on Friday

* Hilliard Darby (Division 1) beat Worthington 10-0 on Friday, beat Delaware Hayes 20-5 on Wednesday, and beat Delaware Hayes 7-2 on Monday

I believe Burg has outhit every team they've played this year, and had the go-ahead run at home plate at the end of the game, in each of the 3 losses shown above.

Burg continues to get better, has great pitching and hitting, and the defense is getting better.

BIG WEEK FOR SOC PLAY THIS WEEK! Seeing the 3 leaders Waverly-Minford-Burg playing each other will keep things very interesting.

GO BURG!!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

What was the score tonight at Waverly?

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I don't think they played.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Bozo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:29 pm I don't think they played.
Thanks!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

BIG week for the 11-4 Wheelersburg Team! Tough games every night...big tests!

Their 4 losses this year have been to:

Johnson Central who is now 18-1

Minford who is now 15-1

Fort Laramie who is now 14-0

D1 Hilliard Darby who is now 10-3

The 4 games Burg has lost have been to teams with a combined record of 57-5. D1 Teams in KY and OH, State Champion in Ohio and a great Minford Team. Burg schedules the best teams to try to get better by playing them.

GO BURG!!!

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Because I don't know the answer, is there a hard end-date for conference play? burg has 2 conference games to make up so far...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Missing Burg v OH and v Waverly game dates.

https://seops.org/baseball/teams/wheelersburg/

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
DreamTeam
Waterboy

Post by DreamTeam »

Oak Hill make up is 5/2 @ Burg
Waverly make up is 5/8 @Waverly

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

A number of people wanted to be critical of me when I said the quality of this year's Wheelersburg baseball program was not as good as in the past. I stated the talent was still there but nobody wanted to hear it. Well it played out as I felt it would.

Wheelersburg was 2-6 against good teams this year. (Wins: Ashland, Minford Losses: Hillard Darby, Ft. Loramie, Johnson Central, Minford, Zane Trace, Westfall). The rest of their schedule was against average to below average teams. Of course Wheelersburg baseball fans will get on here and try to say they beat a bunch of good teams but the records do not indicate that. Regardless it’s time for football practice.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:05 pm A number of people wanted to be critical of me when I said the quality of this year's Wheelersburg baseball program was not as good as in the past. I stated the talent was still there but nobody wanted to hear it. Well it played out as I felt it would.

Wheelersburg was 2-6 against good teams this year. (Wins: Ashland, Minford Losses: Hillard Darby, Ft. Loramie, Johnson Central, Minford, Zane Trace, Westfall). The rest of their schedule was against average to below average teams. Of course Wheelersburg baseball fans will get on here and try to say they beat a bunch of good teams but the records do not indicate that. Regardless it’s time for football practice.
Had good pitching but not great pitching. Probably finished about where they should have based on there talent

Return to “Baseball”