Baseball soc 2

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Baseball soc 2

Post by art_vandelay »

Baseball_Dad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 am
Lovehoops1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:30 pm [quote=coop post_id=2106511 time=<a href="tel:1711587285">1711587285</a> user_id=54]
Burg 4
Valley 3

F/11 innings
Valleys base running and sending kids with only 1 out etc got them beat tonight. Can't make that 2nd or 3rd out at home it's a killer.
Are you sure we watched the same game?

Valley didn’t send a bunch of kids and make outs like that. There was a squeeze play that was messed up and judging by coach’s reaction that was on the hitter. The only other thing I remember, there was a time a kid was trying to score from second and got held up but ended up in a run down. Valley lost because they made some costly errors and didn’t drive in runners from 3rd a few times. It was a great game to watch but frustrating as a Valley fan. Valley is a young team that played a tough game against the league favorites. I thought the baseball moves with the bunts and steals were good calls throughout the game.
[/quote]

Spot-on analysis of a great game! Valley had opportunities to win that game repeatedly, but just couldn’t cash in. Powell was phenomenal…what a fun matchup watching him and Conn throwing last night. Then both teams’ relievers came in and threw great as well (Barnett from valley and Heimbach for Burg). Burg never panicked despite trailing most of the game, and that’s to be expected from a team mostly made up of seniors.

Valley is a real young team playing a tough Burg team with 9 seniors starting (Valley only has 1 senior on their entire roster). They just went toe-to-toe with a Burg team that’s in the conversation to win D3 state title. They’ll clean up the base-running and fielding as the year goes on. From what all those underclassmen showed me last night though, the future is looking pretty bright for Valley baseball.*

Return to “Baseball”