OVC baseball player of the year voting

Portsmouthguy95
Waterboy

OVC baseball player of the year voting

Post by Portsmouthguy95 »

I guess I first gotta ask where is the integrity in coaches anymore. Voting for player of the year was yesterday and all Lawerence county teams stuck together and voted for the hunt kid from Fairland ( good player ) but he wasn’t the best player in the league or on the best team in the league.The last 3x there was a vote for player of the year in this league they have gotten it wrong 2 outta 3 in my opinion ( football this past year should have went to the terry kid from ironton-by far the best player in the league but ended up with the ( hunt) kid winning it and I think basketball got it right and now baseball by far this award should have went to any 3 of the kids from Portsmouth and in my opinion brooks should have won it and his stats stand out like an eye sore and in fact he is still in the top 7 in 3 categories in the state ( not diminishing hunt at all) but between brooks and Williams and j Roth it should have went to the best player in the league and not a senior. Coaches these players work year around on there game only to have you guys take it away from them cause your feelings are hurt or you do t like him or you don’t like the school they attend we can be better ( just vote for the best player) congratulations to the Trojans on there 1st OVC championship in boys sports and the 1st league title In 31 years ( that alone should tell you they have some talent)

Portsmouthguy95
Waterboy

Re: OVC baseball player of the year voting

I wasn’t there I watched the video but apparently there was a Play at the plate the young man didn’t slide and there legs got tangled up and the umpire felt it was malicious intent so he has served 1 game and he has another too go. I know the kid and he is a super kid

Portsmouthguy95
Waterboy

OVC this is precisely the response I didn’t want nor do I care about putting a kid down cause he mad a bad decision or the umpire made one, either way I was merely giving my opinion about the OVC voting and the reasons I believe the voting happens the way it does and boom someone wants to talk about a super young man that just so happens to go to Portsmouth and this is why the Trojan kids will (in my opinion)never get a fair shake

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I've only seen a couple baseball games so I can't post on who should be MVP.

But I always thought in the OVC you had to win the league for a player to win the MVP of the league?

At least that's what was said a couple years ago on the basketball thread.

Congratulations to the trojans on a good season and winning the OVC.

Good luck in post season

Return to “Baseball”