Scores

softball4fun2009
Waterboy

Re: Scores

Post by softball4fun2009 »

I heard all of Chesapeake's runs were unearned, while SP's were earned as they had 4 hits, including a single, a triple by Koukos, and an awesome double to the fence by Collins, all in the same inning.

Also heard thet SP was up at one point until errors did them in.

softball4fun2009
Waterboy

Post by softball4fun2009 »

Also Chesapeake had only 5 hits, as SP committed 7 errors.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Trojans 4
Ironton 2

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

I guess good teams just find a way to win even when they don't play their best and not so good teams continue to hurt themselves with errors and other mistakes at least that's what I hear.

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

softball4fun2009 wrote:I heard all of Chesapeake's runs were unearned, while SP's were earned as they had 4 hits, including a single, a triple by Koukos, and an awesome double to the fence by Collins, all in the same inning.

Also heard thet SP was up at one point until errors did them in.

You heard wrong. 2 Peake runs were earned and 1 was not. Both SP runs were earned. Chesapeake had 6 hits. The first 2 being in the first inning with Chapman starting off with a double and then Mayo hitting her in with another double. My info is out of the book. Is yours?

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

softball4fun2009 wrote:Also Chesapeake had only 5 hits, as SP committed 7 errors.

wrong again!

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

softball4fun2009 wrote:Also Chesapeake had only 5 hits, as SP committed 7 errors.

SP only had 3 errors

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

It's hard to win a game when you strike out so many times and have that many errors. Doesn't sound like south point really deserved to win it. All that matters is what the scoreboard says at the end of the game. All of those little stats don't make a difference on who won or not.

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

conehead wrote:It's hard to win a game when you strike out so many times and have that many errors. Doesn't sound like south point really deserved to win it. All that matters is what the scoreboard says at the end of the game. All of those little stats don't make a difference on who won or not.

Well said.

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

SP was ahead 2-1....all the runs were earned on big hits with a triple by Koukos and a double by Collins that nearly went out.

Mayo hit great for Chesapeake...I would say the best hitter of this game. Ali had a solid performance as usual. Without her I don't think Chesapeake would win OVC this year.

To call South Point a not so good team is just being a bad winner.....

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

ilovessoftball wrote:

SP only had 3 errors

Ummmm did you even watch the game?

lol I don't see how you can seriously get on here and say the stuff that you are saying...wow.

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

[quote="buckeye221"]SP was ahead 2-1....all the runs were earned on big hits with a triple by Koukos and a double by Collins that nearly went out.

Mayo hit great for Chesapeake...I would say the best hitter of this game. Ali had a solid performance as usual. Without her I don't think Chesapeake would win OVC this year.

To call South Point a not so good team is just being a bad winner.....[/quote

I don't believe anyone said that SP is not a good team. We all know that they are a very good team and that we have to play hard if we want to win when we play them. I think that this is getting a little carried away. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers when I posted a couple stats and in hindsight, I wish I had posted the score only. We don't need to take away from 2 teams who both played very hard tonight. We should be proud of all of the girls because they all represented their schools very well.

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

buckeye221 wrote:
ilovessoftball wrote:

SP only had 3 errors

Ummmm did you even watch the game?

lol I don't see how you can seriously get on here and say the stuff that you are saying...wow.

Yep, you're right. I missed 2 SP errors. But everything else I have put on here is correct. Let's drop this now....that ok with you? It was a good game. Let's just leave it at that.

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

Well it was definitely implied by a previous comment (not by you) that South Point was a not so good team and I don't think that is fair to say, especially after a hard fought game tonight by both teams. Just because Chesapeake came away with the longer end of the stick this time doesn't mean that South Point should be labeled as a not so good team.

As far as the stats, I guess we should all just agree to disagree on that one because everyone could argue about plays until they are blue in the face. I don't know of any two teams that would have their books look exactly the same. But one thing that I 100% agree with you about is that both teams played hard and yes they represent their schools and the OVC very well!

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

Congrats on another win tonight Chesapeake!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Great game to Alli & all of the girls. This is an entire team of girls that play and play to win so keep it up girls.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Maybe --just Maybe the peake and So Point could open up their own thread for this in depth running commentary on yesterday's game -- I'd never hi-jack a thread ;-) ;-) MD

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

No one said the point was not a good team and if you took it that way I'm sorry, I was just taking from the threads that implied that the way the peake won was because of pointer errors. The panther girls are resilient and seem to always find ways to win whether it be stellar pitching, hitting, defense or another teams miscues. The pointer ladies are a good group and the panther ladies are a special group. Good luck to both come tournament time.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren JV's 13
Zanesville JV's 3

Warren moves to 7-1

sportfan88
Riding the Bench

Post by sportfan88 »

Warren 14 Zanesville 0 Kayla Leach throws 5 inning no hitter 1 error from a perfect game

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

Chesapeake beats Huntington St.Joe 3-2 in 9 innings
way to battle Lady Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Softball”