Ironton/SV score ?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Ironton/SV score ?

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations Ladies on the success you had in the tournament! Southern Ohio is proud of your accomplishments!

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

Great job girls. However, something that really gets under my skin is the way these tournaments are set up with the "Host" team automatically getting in. I was looking on the little league website, and there is one world series that the "Host" team gets a birth in the World Series and is competing for something like this without having to advance through the tournament like everyone else. Something else that I noticed was the District 11 team the the Iron Valley girls played today was comprised of girls from all over that district, not just one or two communities like around here. Could you imagine the teams in baseball and softball if we put our teams together this way.

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Great job girls !!! Southern Ohio is very proud of all the players,coaches and parents for all the time you put in.

Now get back to work "Popcorn"

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Great showing. Congrats on a great tourney and a great experience

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

hammer911335 wrote:Great job girls. However, something that really gets under my skin is the way these tournaments are set up with the "Host" team automatically getting in. I was looking on the little league website, and there is one world series that the "Host" team gets a birth in the World Series and is competing for something like this without having to advance through the tournament like everyone else. Something else that I noticed was the District 11 team the the Iron Valley girls played today was comprised of girls from all over that district, not just one or two communities like around here. Could you imagine the teams in baseball and softball if we put our teams together this way.

A great point but......Lets look at last years District 11 tourney,
Green/Symmes Valley vs.South Point.
South point lost to a team comprised from girls from 2 leagues.Fair to them?Id say from their stand point,no.

All you can do is play the cards your dealt.Great season and congrats to all the local girls.

Return to “Softball”