DeMarini CF6 vs Louisville Slugger Xeno

The Enforcer
SEO

DeMarini CF6 vs Louisville Slugger Xeno

Post by The Enforcer »

My Daughter is in the need for a new bat this year and We've narrowed it down between the 2, Would like some input on which one You Guys would choose

Gopher
Varsity

Re: DeMarini CF6 vs Louisville Slugger Xeno

Post by Gopher »

CF6

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I like the Xeno's but they are fragile as a teen girls heart :)

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

ManitouDan wrote:I like the Xeno's but they are fragile as a teen girls heart :)
Got that right. We had a player break 2 last year alone.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

It is a trick question... those two bats are completely different weight distribution & balance.... They do not swing the same way. you need to first know the type of swinger your daughter is.. Example: strong top hand, heavy bottom hand, pull through power or lead with the hands line drive hitter. the CF six matches the best with the Louisville catalyst X1... Those 2 bats are very similar in structure & weight distribution. ANOTHER thing to take into consideration is the type of weather you are playing in, the XENO is not the best of bats to use in Ohio until mid to late April (just not a real good cooler weather bat, BUT great reactor during summer and warmer months... Don't claim to know much about hitting or how to teach it, but a few of my observations you should realize before buying a high $$$$ bat....

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I couldn't tell You the type of swinger She is, She always seems to hit double or triples into the outfield, as far as weather , Ahe usually is playing from March till October

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

Old Timer is very much right about the cold weather, metal expands when heat is induced and shrinks when cooled off. Bat warmers are a good solution for cold weather. You can purchase a good warmer for around $60 ~$80 bucks. One would need to check with the organization you play in and see if it is legal.

Balls have as much impact on hitting in cold weather as do bats. Example is MLB, they use wooden bats which do not change in the cool weather, but the balls do. Thats why avg. lower and KO's go up in April early and late in the season along with sore arms.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I think We will go with the CF6 , it's the insane model

bkballfan
Waterboy

Post by bkballfan »

I asked this same question to Adam Lalonde who is my daughters hitting coach. He suggested the Xeno. I asked him why and he said they have more balance and pop. My daughter also doesn't have a fast swing speed like some. He said if the swing speed is slower than most based on age go with the Xeno. If it's fast Demarini. He said the Demarini is designed for a fast swing speed. So I bought both, haha. The Xeno has performed better than the Demarini.

bkballfan
Waterboy

Post by bkballfan »

Also almost every girl that I have seen at her hitting lessons swings a Xeno. Not sure if that is just coincidence or not. A girl on my team just picked up a Xeno, last year's model, for $129 brand new.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Well after reading the comments We might go with the Xeno, because of bat seing speed

Return to “Softball”