jr high softball

pirates87
Waterboy

jr high softball

Post by pirates87 »

Wheelersburg will dominate again. Any other teams that may compete with burg? What players to watch out for and what travel teams are they with? What travel teams in our area to watch?

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Re: jr high softball

Post by Noodle319 »

Oak Hill Jr high will be solid, at least 9 travel players on the field and solid pitching.

pirates87
Waterboy

Post by pirates87 »

That doesn't impress me much. Doesn't everyone play travel ball? Now a days, it seems anyone can walk onto a "travel" softball team.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

They also had two wins over the Burg 7th grade last year and started 5 sixth graders.

pirates87
Waterboy

Post by pirates87 »

Why would sixth graders be starting for a jr high team? The one kid from oak hill(sixth grade?) is impressive, have seen her play. What about some of the other teams in our area?

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

I’m sure Clay, Minford and Ironton will be tough but Northwest was really impressive last year. People think I’m crazy for saying this but a lot of the Jr High teams in the SOC schools could compete with most varsity teams in the area.

triplethreat
Waterboy

Post by triplethreat »

Noodle319 wrote:I’m sure Clay, Minford and Ironton will be tough but Northwest was really impressive last year. People think I’m crazy for saying this but a lot of the Jr High teams in the SOC schools could compete with most varsity teams in the area.
Compete and beat some varsity teams. Minford, Wheelersburg, Oak Hill and Ironton should be the top 4.
Last edited by triplethreat on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Noodle319 wrote:I’m sure Clay, Minford and Ironton will be tough but Northwest was really impressive last year. People think I’m crazy for saying this but a lot of the Jr High teams in the SOC schools could compete with most varsity teams in the area.
I didn't see every team in the area but I saw a lot of them and I can't remember 1 team that a junior high team could have competed with.

nohitter
Waterboy

Re:

Post by nohitter »

How good Wellston,Vinton County, and Jackson jr high going to be this year ?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I've seen many Jr high teams that could beat the bottom 1/2 of the SOC1 the past couple years. Easily .. by run rule .

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Looking at last year, and what teams lost who.. I would pick Oak Hill, NW, Minford (pitching?), ND, but you really can't count Burg out either. Not sure who they have returning to the mound. Claxson was dominate last year.
As far as having 6th graders playing Jr high, why not?? NW has had at least 2 sixth graders in starting positions the last 2 years and have finished in the top 4 both years at the tourney. I say if the talent is there, let them play. NW lost 3 starters from last years squad, but good potential will be coming up. ND lost a couple, Oak Hill will be returning all but 1 or 2 I believe, and Minford lost a few. Should be a lot of great games none the less.

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

[quote="softball24_7"]As far as having 6th graders playing Jr high, why not?? quote]

One reason is that it is against OHSAA regulations.

coachw99
Waterboy

Post by coachw99 »

yes but jr high softball in our area is not ohsaa sanctioned.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

thank God .

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Oh, ok. I didn't know that they are not actually school teams.

captainmorgan
Waterboy

Post by captainmorgan »

fbnut wrote:
I didn't see every team in the area but I saw a lot of them and I can't remember 1 team that a junior high team could have competed with.
Then why is there more jr high talk than HS?

pirates87
Waterboy

Post by pirates87 »

softball24_7 wrote:Looking at last year, and what teams lost who.. I would pick Oak Hill, NW, Minford (pitching?), ND, but you really can't count Burg out either. Not sure who they have returning to the mound. Claxson was dominate last year.
As far as having 6th graders playing Jr high, why not?? NW has had at least 2 sixth graders in starting positions the last 2 years and have finished in the top 4 both years at the tourney. I say if the talent is there, let them play. NW lost 3 starters from last years squad, but good potential will be coming up. ND lost a couple, Oak Hill will be returning all but 1 or 2 I believe, and Minford lost a few. Should be a lot of great games none the less.
Burg will have more than enough talent without Claxson to dominate again this year. We have some girls coming up who are playing for top ranked travel teams in the state. None of these other teams have that kind of talent. So no, don't count us out.

groundskeeper
Waterboy

Post by groundskeeper »

:o
pirates87 wrote:
softball24_7 wrote:Looking at last year, and what teams lost who.. I would pick Oak Hill, NW, Minford (pitching?), ND, but you really can't count Burg out either. Not sure who they have returning to the mound. Claxson was dominate last year.
Burg will have more than enough talent without Claxson to dominate again this year. We have some girls coming up who are playing for top ranked travel teams in the state. None of these other teams have that kind of talent. So no, don't count us out.
pirates87 wrote:That doesn't impress me much. Doesn't everyone play travel ball? Now a days, it seems anyone can walk onto a "travel" softball team.
Maybe someone doesn't believe there is more talent out there than they know
Last edited by groundskeeper on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Burg will have another strong pitcher and several good players around her but to say that other teams in the league don't have talented players. COME ON MAN!

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

pirates87 wrote:
softball24_7 wrote:
Really? Do you truly have any idea of the local talent that is in our area? You could put all the top 14u players in our area on a team and compete with any of the top 14u teams in the state. Including lasers, glory, static, hawks, classics, (I can keep adding teams If needed, and from different states)... Burg has a kid (7th grade) who played and started with thunder last year, NW has a kid that played and started with classics, oak hill has at least 1 that starts with lasers, and one extremely talented eith grader (not sure who she's with this year?) Minford has a starter with Glory. So yea, I think there is talent at OTHER schools..

Return to “Softball”