Waterboy

SOC 1

Post by NotreDamefan »

Who looks to be strong this season?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: SOC 1

Post by ManitouDan »

Clay , ND should battle once yet again for the title. ND returns their whole team plus a couple experienced travel ballers ( Pierron and Hoover) ND took 2 of 3 last year. Clay lost a big hitter in Hempill and another nice player in craft (forgive me if I have the name wrong) Clay has two nice pitchers in Jenkins and Mader . That will keep them at the top. a good question is can anyone else hang with the top two . MD

baller87
Waterboy

Post by baller87 »

I heard a rumor that a girl transferred to Clay from Minford, if this is correct the girl will help Clay and I have seen her play and she is a pretty good player.

batman715
Waterboy

Post by batman715 »

Clay should be strong this year, they have returning starter pitcher Mader who is a senior this year( she has the best change up I have ever seen for a high school player), also they have Jenkins as pitcher she is a senior as well. both can get the job done. Messer a Junior this year at SS, great player, let alone a new head coach , heard he's gonna be pretty good for this program. I do believe they also have a couple girls that came from Minford that are pretty good too. Should be a good season for Clay. Good Luck to the Lady Panthers and have a great and safe season!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

The two players from Minford are the Griffiths (Kaci and Autumn). Kaci-senior catcher and Autumn -junior pitcher/shortstop are both very good players.

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

With the addition of the Griffith girls, the Lady Panthers will have the best combination of speed, solid defense, hitting, pitching, and maybe most importantly coaching that they've had since the early 80's when they won their 3 state championships. I look for them to win the SOC outright, and at least make it to the regionals. Anything less will be a disappointment IMO.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

New coach is a great addt' no doubt. nothing wrong with aiming high , ND has the same type goals after returning our entire squad from last season. Hempill's big stick might be missed some but Clay does have a lot of talented experienced players. cant wait for the season to get here. MD

baller87
Waterboy

Post by baller87 »

It sounds like it is going to be a two dog race between ND and Clay for the SOC1. The ? is what does the rest of the SOC1 teams have, Like Green, Symmes Valley, East and Western.

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

Nine20four wrote:With the addition of the Griffith girls, the Lady Panthers will have the best combination of speed, solid defense, hitting, pitching, and maybe most importantly coaching that they've had since the early 80's when they won their 3 state championships. I look for them to win the SOC outright, and at least make it to the regionals. Anything less will be a disappointment IMO.
:122246 Making it to the regionals is not such a great improvement since they went to the state and regional finals as recently as 4 years in a row with the exception of last year...coaching staff and team must have really been slackers. Think Clay's challenge will be to be able to hit with the ND...ND is strong throughout their hitting lineup...looking forward to seeing some emotion packed games!

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Slackers huh.....nice comment....I can promise you that Clay's new coach and his team are not slackers.....you can chew on that promise for a while.

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

Couldn't agree with you more Doc Panther. My term used for slackers is the comment regarding past coaching staffs at Clay. The comment made was that now the Clay team can accomplish something because they have coaching. Something they hadn't had since the 80's. When the program is a very accomplished softball program...one of the best histories in the state of Ohio. I think the coach they have this year is an excellent one...not arguing with you there.

softballrules
Waterboy

Post by softballrules »

Bring back the Clay team from 2007-the team everyody loved to hate. They had all the attributes listed above (pitching, hitting, speed, solid defense and coaching) plus something this years Clay team does not have--all position players were from the Clay district...ie NO TRANSFERS...

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

I think someone is reading too much into the post. Being excited for the teams prospects under a new skipper does not mean the outgoing coach was a slacker or didn't get the most out of his players. McCleese was an excellent baseball coach, and he did Clay a huge favor by staying on to coach softball after Teresa Ruby left. They both were just shy a couple of position players. Hopefully it will all come together this season.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Eastern may suprise some people this season as they have alot of talent in the Freshman class and a couple returning starters.

baller87
Waterboy

Post by baller87 »

I think ND is going to be the team on top this year 2.Clay 3.SV 4.East 5.Green 6.Eastern 7.Western 8.NB . Good Luck to all the teams this year.

Return to “Softball”