ASA Allstar Team

COACH1
Riding the Bench

ASA Allstar Team

Post by COACH1 »

Wants everyones thoughts on picking a allstar team for asa, with all the local teams in the area. they could pick 18 to 20 kids and let them play each other or pick 12 and go play in a state tournament some place what do you think or some ideas or thoughts.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

really good idea coach ---thats what some other areas up north are doing. really like the thought of some type of travel ball league for our county ---where we could get games in during the week --maybe just 1 night a week. Would be a great chance for the number 3 or 4 pitcher to get innings, try kids at new spots, just hone their skills.
With 3 or 4 12u and 14u teams in the county we should try something like this. Esp for 14u there is no LL type league to play in , just jr high . And I'm ready to leave LL behind. I know that does'nt jive with alot of people but for girls with some experience already it's close to a waste of time. Thats an honest opinion from someone who has played in 2 different leagues the past 2 years , coached some, been around alot--it's a waste of time for girls who have played ASA ball.
The wild thangs have already ask their girls this year to comitt to travel ball and be available for travel tournies even during all star time. So our girls should be available during the week to participate in some sort of ASA league. I'll ask around , see how the interest is from coaches/parents. see ya MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

when you say state tourny , did you mean LL or like the ASA or NSA state tourny ? Unless we bent the rules some (like other areas have done) we could'nt play in the LL state tourney could we ? due to restrictions on where all the kids live. MD

fastpitchfanatic
Waterboy

ASA/NSA All-Stars

Post by fastpitchfanatic »

I do not think this would work with an ASA/NSA sanctioned tourney as the rules regarding rosters and the fact that they are on a computer database would make this impossible. The only thing you could do would be a non-sanctioned tourney, or maybe USSSA, or Pony or something like that.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Pony does a eastern natl , mayse USSSA does something also but I'm not sure --last year the 2 best 12u teams in ohio (valley exteme red and the Ohio slammers) both competed in the pony event along with at least 1 extremely good pennsylvania team (Ca pa crushers). I saw the ext red and the Crushers both play at nationals ---for as good as a all star team as we could form it would'nt touch either one of those . And the Slammers were better than those 3 according to most.

If this type of team was formed early in the year and played that level of competetion all year we would be close , but you need that type of competetion on a constient basis to really get better . . Thats why I'd like to do something like this as a regular ASA team , not just a one time event at the end of a year.

My end goal would be being competetive with those type teams I mentioned and others like the wave ,stingrays, ice , lasers etc. But if we start with a group at the end of the year to play in a big event I'd support it. It's a start. MD

Return to “Softball”