WV Thunder 10u AAU Basketball

bucknut 23
Varsity

WV Thunder 10u AAU Basketball

Post by bucknut 23 »

First of all let me say I know this should be posted on the Biddy Message Board and I have done that already. However, I wanted to post it on the High School board because possibly some people don't go to the Biddy one and check it out. This does affect high school girls basketball anyway in the long-term scheme of things. Girls high school basketball programs that have consistently been strong have girls participating in AAU programs at younger ages. This year the Girls AAU Organization changed the birth date to determine ages for this year's teams from January 1 to July 1. It has really created a lot of havoc for teams to reorganize their rosters.

The WV Thunder 10u has possibly two openings left to complete their roster for this upcoming season. We will be playing out of Ohio this year and are looking for two Ohio players to complete our roster. We currently have players from Oak Hill, South Webster, and Peebles in Ohio in addition to girls from Ashland, KY and Huntington, WV. Girls would be in the 5th or possibly the 6th grade and have a birth date between July 1, 1996 - June 30, 1997.

This year's 10u Thunder team has four girls from last year's 10u Thunder team and one girl from last year's 10u Cincy Legend team who were all able to stay and play at the 10u age again this year. All five of those girls competed and did very well in the 10u Nationals last year in Orlando, Florida. We have also picked up some very good players in addition to these five and expect to be able to compete very well at the State and National levels this spring/summer. We will be playing out of Ohio this year.

If you have a daughter or know of someone who is interested in playing with some outstanding young ladies and against the best competition then this is worth looking into. Our season begins the weekend of March 14 - 16 and will go all the way until July 12 - 20.

Please go take a look at the Biddy League Message Board for additional information regarding the coaches, schedule, etc.... Also, you can contact the coaches directly who are Shannon Lewis at slewis@stjosephhs.org and at 304-733-2810 and also Stan Doddridge at sdoddridge@cinci.rr.com or call at 937-587-1776. They are both very well qualified and do a great job teaching these young girls.

We are currently practicing on Sunday afternoons in Huntington and would like any girl interested to make it on these days. The main need is for post players but we will look at any possible player.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

ttt

bucknut 23
Varsity

Re: WV Thunder 10u AAU Basketball

Post by bucknut 23 »

ttt

Return to “Softball”