Good Luck ASA Softball Scioto Co.

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Good Luck ASA Softball Scioto Co.

Post by Underdog2006 »

I want to wish all ASA programs in Scioto County Good Luck in the upcoming year. Alot of talent is in this county and I think it will show. I know there has been talk of collecting the best of the best in this county, but we all know this will never happen. Baseburners, Wild Thangs, Minford Flames, Buckeye Divas and from my own team Scioto Storm, I think we will all represent Scioto County and prove that Southern Ohio can play a little softball.

SEOfuturecoach
Waterboy

Re: Good Luck ASA Softball Scioto Co.

Post by SEOfuturecoach »

It would be great to compile a team with the best of the best!

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

What? no respct for the oldest organization in your county and the sol 18u team.

Good luck Mizuno, I know you girls are playing up this year.

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

I knew I was forgetting someone, no disrespect intended.
Good luck 18u Lady Mizuno.

usahockey1980
Riding the Bench

Post by usahockey1980 »

I think they should just cancel the high school season and just play ASA softball. Play the best against the best and the heck with the other girls. Plus it would save money in the schools' budgets.

Fastpitch Coach
Waterboy

Post by Fastpitch Coach »

USA Hockey, it sounds like you are not too happy with your High School Softball Program.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

usahockey1980 wrote:I think they should just cancel the high school season and just play ASA softball. Play the best against the best and the heck with the other girls. Plus it would save money in the schools' budgets.

Ok I'm sick of hearing how great ASA is. If they are so great will someone show me where there fields are in Southern Ohio. I know alot of teams that do not take the BEST girls because they can't pay their own way. I see coaches throw teams together just because they don't like Little League rules or don't like their league. I am not bashing ASA, my daughter plays on an ASA team but I know some girls who play little league teams and are great players. They turn down ASA coaches when they ask them to play for them. ASA does not have the best girls,coaches,etc....There is great players And coaches everywhere(Little League,Pony,NSA,High School,etc...)you just don't see them. Many girls who play ASA quit softball after High School because ASA burns them out. I love softball but it is only a game. I hear parents brag more about their kids sports than how well they are doing in school.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

All the ASA fields are pretty much high school fields. Notre Dames is used, the Fields down in Portsmouth, Valley's high school field or even little field, and then the West side fields but not sure which fields over there are used. ASA is good kids if you want compition but not all the Best girls are playing on ASA teams, some the "best" girls don't play for various reasons such as money and camps...at some of the smaller schools the girls that play softball also play basketball and volleyball where those two have camps in the summer.

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

headhunter1,
I am going to have to correct you when you said that the Lady Mizuno is the oldest organizations in Scioto Co. the oldest team was called Lady Siders, for about 2 years then they changed to Sliding Siders that is when the Lady Mizuno started playing asa ball .The first asa tournament that the Lady Mizuno played in was at DR. Singleton ballpark thier was 6 teams in the tournament. Then the Lady Mizuno and the Sliding Siders went together and put a tournament on at Earl Thomas Conley Park. Then the Sliding Siders changed to Baseburners which started having the asa tournament at DR. Singleton ballpark which is held in May every year now. So really the Lady Siders / Sliding Siders/ Baseburners is the oldest asa organizations in Scioto Co. The West LL organizations was the Lady Siders they started taking kids that they thought would be on the all star team for West LL they would take thier LL girls and play in asa tournaments to get them ready for the all stars. That is why for about 5 years or so West LL girls would walk thru the district 11 tournament. Then Burg started doing the same thing that is when the district 11 tournament started to get interesting the West LL girls put a team in the LL World Series which was a team that played asa and LL together, then Burg sent a LL team to the LL World Series which played asa to.

littleone
Waterboy

Post by littleone »

:122249 YOU go COACH1 with all the knowledge and info.Tell it like is!

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

Littleone,
Thanks I am willing to help out when I can

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Burg only had one team do this. What about the other Burg teams that beat you? There is good players everywhere.

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

Sports Junky,
I already said that Burg went to the LL World Series 1 time what I was saying was that West was the oldest ASA team not Muzino. I said that when West first started playing asa that they won the district tournanent 5 or so years in a row. If you go back and check the history yes Burg did beat West a few times but in the district tournament West has won alot more then Burg. I was talking about 10 years ago when asa first started. I never said that thier wasn't good ballplayers around scioto county or anywhere else all I said was that West was the first to start playing asa ball.

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

COACH1 wrote:headhunter1,
I am going to have to correct you when you said that the Lady Mizuno is the oldest organizations in Scioto Co. the oldest team was called Lady Siders, for about 2 years then they changed to Sliding Siders that is when the Lady Mizuno started playing asa ball .The first asa tournament that the Lady Mizuno played in was at DR. Singleton ballpark thier was 6 teams in the tournament. Then the Lady Mizuno and the Sliding Siders went together and put a tournament on at Earl Thomas Conley Park. Then the Sliding Siders changed to Baseburners which started having the asa tournament at DR. Singleton ballpark which is held in May every year now. So really the Lady Siders / Sliding Siders/ Baseburners is the oldest asa organizations in Scioto Co. The West LL organizations was the Lady Siders they started taking kids that they thought would be on the all star team for West LL they would take thier LL girls and play in asa tournaments to get them ready for the all stars. That is why for about 5 years or so West LL girls would walk thru the district 11 tournament. Then Burg started doing the same thing that is when the district 11 tournament started to get interesting the West LL girls put a team in the LL World Series which was a team that played asa and LL together, then Burg sent a LL team to the LL World Series which played asa to.

I pm fpcoack about this and this is what he wrote back.

Ralph Cole (West)was one of the first if not the first to take his LL team to play in travel ball tournament. Then Gary Coleman (West) did the same. Following that was Floyd (Burg) took some girls and joined a team. Then the next year Faulkner(Burg), took his girls and joined a team. Keller (Burg) and Messer (West) took their LL teams and played some travel ball. There have been several follow sense then.

I think Messer played in about 3 tourneys and then LL all-stars
Keller Incorperated the team in 2002 as Lady Mizuno, stopped coaching LL and started playing in travel tournament every weekend. While he was coaching LL the travel team was call Ohio Heat.

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

This goes back a little further. In 1989 and 1990, Ralph Cole and Mike Powell coached a group of girls from west, Clay, and ND that played travel ball together.

Return to “Softball”