Post by fpcoach »

.....Notre Dame 3.....V .....Northwest..1
.....Notre Dame 3.....V ....Chessy ..15
.......Notre Dame 2.....V ....Unioto..2

peake450
Freshman Team

Re: SOC scrimmages?

Post by peake450 »

Great game between Unioto and ND, all the teams did well in spots. Good to get some scrimmages in.

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

The Panthers was the best team there by far. They beat notre dame like a drum. Nd seemed unprepaired, no disiplain, girls not knowing there positions, pither and catcher totaly out of sync, and poor base running.

Whats up with them?

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

I'm guessing you didn't see the ND and unioto game, ND played well, like I said though everyone played decent, it's hard to play when it's 40 and a strong wind blowing all day.Our girls had blankets on them in the dugout.

tri_state
Waterboy

Post by tri_state »

I will agree that the peake had a much better game than ND and they are a great team that will kick but this year. But ND had number 2 pitcher in, Number 1 pitcher and cather on the bench most of the game and all the infield positions had someone new in them. It look like they were testing the waters to see who could play where. The girl catching had never caught before that game. This is when you do this type of thing.

Its not fair to say ND was not prepared, did you see the 1st and 3rd game? They looked real good.

Good job coaches, you got a good look, now go to work!

The end resaults:

1st---Unioto 2 wins & a tie
2nd---Notre Dame 1 win 1 loss & a tie
2nd---Chesapeaka1 win 1 loss & a tie
3rd---Northwest 2 losses & a tie

ts

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

sounds like the peake will walk thru the OVC this year. Great job from the girls from Lawrence Cty. :12224

fpcoach
Freshman Team

Post by fpcoach »

It was a good day of ball playing, take the wind way and it would have been a great day of ball playing. I was not displeased with how we played this weekend; I thought we played really good. The 2nd game with Chessy, yes, we took this opportunity to place the girls out of position to identify our gamers and how they respond to adversity or a difficult situation. It gave them and us a different look. Also it taught girls that the end result would reflect on how you respond. We had wanting to play a high-energy team like Chessy all week. Their players are fundamentally sound on defense and at the plate. The pitcher kept our girls off balanced the entire game, great kid. I think a swore at that changeup of hers several times. They are very well coached. Erin coaches around 100 games or more a year. He coaches the younger ages in travel ball in the summer and fall and is very successful at it.

They will have a great season this year and I am sure will be placing something in the trophy case at the end of this season.

Northwest and Unioto are just as good. All around good fundamental, pitching and coaching.

I am glad they are DIII and we don't have to battle with them in the tournament.
Good luck in conference and tournaments.

DuelingBanjos
Waterboy

Post by DuelingBanjos »

abuck76 wrote::122246 wow....is the peake that good or is the burg down.? :12224

Tartanblue wrote:I'm going with Burg played alot of players to get them ready

well actually they played everyone but considering the amount of warmup time was limited to oh about 5 minutes and the peke had been warming up for about an hour i believe that played a key role in the scrimmage, the ball that was hit that scored the only 3 runs was in the 1st inning

TRISTATEFAN
Riding the Bench

Post by TRISTATEFAN »

DuelingBanjos wrote:
abuck76 wrote::122246 wow....is the peake that good or is the burg down.? :12224

well actually they played everyone but considering the amount of warmup time was limited to oh about 5 minutes and the peke had been warming up for about an hour i believe that played a key role in the scrimmage, the ball that was hit that scored the only 3 runs was in the 1st inning

Not to wear out the subject, but these two VERY GOOD teams played 9 kids each, with Burg using a DH / AH, whatever High School calls the Additional Hitter. It was a great pitching / defensive game. All three girls that threw were exceptional! Both teams should have great seasons - super talent and super coaching.

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

DuelingBanjos wrote:

well actually they played everyone but considering the amount of warmup time was limited to oh about 5 minutes and the peke had been warming up for about an hour i believe that played a key role in the scrimmage, the ball that was hit that scored the only 3 runs was in the 1st inning.

Actually they really only played their nine starters, but that doesn't really matter. The PEAKE played a good game-- just admit it. As for warm up time, the home team usually shows up a little earlier than the away team--no 45 minute travel time. And it doesn't matter when the runs were scored either-- just that you score more than the opposing team and keep them from scoring---which the Peake did. I heard that the Burg struck out 12 batters in only 5 innings.

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

ilovessoftball wrote:
DuelingBanjos wrote:

well actually they played everyone but considering the amount of warmup time was limited to oh about 5 minutes and the peke had been warming up for about an hour i believe that played a key role in the scrimmage, the ball that was hit that scored the only 3 runs was in the 1st inning.

Actually they really only played their nine starters, but that doesn't really matter. The PEAKE played a good game-- just admit it. As for warm up time, the home team usually shows up a little earlier than the away team--no 45 minute travel time. And it doesn't matter when the runs were scored either-- just that you score more than the opposing team and keep them from scoring---which the Peake did. I heard that the Burg struck out 12 batters in only 5 innings.

Duh if they hadn't scheduled a scrimage when burg was in school and peake was on spring break maybe WARM up time wouldn't be an issue. No neither team made changes with the exception of burg pitching . Yes both teams did great and to quote Gary "we've only worked on fielding not batting" (said after the game). The Peake is YOUNG. NO Sr, 3 jr., 4so., 4 fr., yes that's only 11 that's what they have now (lost one last wk). Good luck to Gary and the Burg girls this season

Return to “Softball”