Jackson/Gallia Academy Strike Out Cancer Game

atticus
Waterboy

Jackson/Gallia Academy Strike Out Cancer Game

Post by atticus »

The Jackson Ironladies and Gallia Academy Blue Angels are striking out ovarian cancer on Monday, April 28th at Gallia Academy’s softball field. The teams are having a contest as to which can raise the most money. Anyone wishing to contribute to the cause can contact a softball player or pm me.

Ovarian cancer was chosen because a life was lost in September 2007 that affected people in both cities. Sheri (Keating) Pyles was a resident of Gallipolis and was the sister-in-law to Jackson’s coach. She was a nurse for almost 30 years at Holzer Medical Center and touched many lives in the southeast Ohio area.

Sheri was also a 1976 graduate of Ironton High School. If any of her classmates, or anyone who knows her family, would like to donate to the cause, please pm me.

Ovarian cancer’s symptoms are subtle. Several studies are being conducted to find a way to detect it in its earliest stages.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Re: Jackson/Gallia Academy Strike Out Cancer Game

Post by grndma1 »

Was the game cancelled or just postponed because of the rain? Be sure to let us know on here if it gets rescheduled.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Thank you. I hope they raise alot of money.

Sporty
Waterboy

Post by Sporty »

That is awful. The school really should check into that.

Return to “Softball”