Community of Jackson is heartbroken

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Community of Jackson is heartbroken

Post by Ironman92 »

This evening JHS grad, Marshall University standout softball player, current jr high girls coach in Jackson and recently hired JHS varsity softball coach Emileigh Cooper was killed in a 4 vehicle wreck on route 35 late this afternoon. I believe she was only 23.

Prayers to the Coopers and their extended family.

ManitouDan2
SE

Re: Community of Jackson is heartbroken

Post by ManitouDan2 »

oh my .. how terrible , so sorry Ironman. my heart goes out to the community.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

There are no words to describe the unimaginable gut-wrenching and heart breaking loss our community has incurred this evening.

Incredibly sad and a crushing loss.

Prayers and peace to the Cooper family.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

So sorry to hear this ! This is a great loss to the SEO area, she was full of high energy in anything she participated in. I have watched her in travel ball, high school, and college ball. She was a fantastic young lady. It is such a shame that Jackson High School Softball will not get to see that energy at work.

Prayers for her family, former teammates, and her players.
We were all blessed to have known her smile.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

I found out earlier when my sister called and I just got access to a computer. Nobody can explain when these things happen. I know when she was in the SEOAL I always considered her one of,If not the best,young softball player in this league. I thought RChilders was good and she was!! Nice young lady also. But EC was outstanding. So much so that she had the opportunity to play at the D1 level and boy did she make the best of it!! And what I have heard is she was such a GREAT YOUNG LADY....and so much in front of her and so much to give. She probably would have liked to kick Coach N in the butt a few years ago and I cant blame her. i know that Tim and Don are just devastated along with the Jackson and Huntington communities and surrounding neighbors. I really dont know how or why these things happen. So much life to live. I just hope that her family finds the strength and serenity to work through this. And all those young girls who were already just crazy about her and ready to compete and play under her guidance. My Goodness....I am no longer a part of anything associated with Gallia Academy but I am comfortable in saying from Coach N, Gunner, Jerry and Beth, Lori and Tim,,Steve in Heaven,and all the Blue Angels SB players that E COOPER competed against so hard. Your family has our prayers and our condolences.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Calling hours will be 4 to 8 Friday at Jackson High School and funeral services at noon on Saturday at the high school. RIP Coop

Return to “Softball”