Alexander Spartans softball team

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Alexander Spartans softball team

Post by sports mom 09 »

Any thoughts on this team for the up coming season?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Alexander Spartans softball team

Post by ManitouDan »

not trying to be stupid but who is the Alexander Spartans ---I've only been an buckeye for over a year --Is that a HS ?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Yes its a High school, there the last town on 32 before you hit Athens. The name is ALBANY

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

Had one senior graduate last year, finished 11-9
Started off strong, but hit some bumps.
two losses went 9in and 12in

infield consisted of 3 freshman and sophomore
outfield consisted of 2 sophomores and a junior
pitcher junior

Only time will tell, but they should be pretty strong
Several options to fill the catcher position.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

Swampfox wrote:Had one senior graduate last year, finished 11-9
Started off strong, but hit some bumps.
two losses went 9in and 12in

infield consisted of 3 freshman and sophomore
outfield consisted of 2 sophomores and a junior
pitcher junior

Only time will tell, but they should be pretty strong
Several options to fill the catcher position.

Swampfox---- The lady Spartans should be pretty good this year providing they stay focus on the sport. Seems after a few game there are those who have boys or other activities
on their minds. Its a shame that they fell off like they did last year.
The softball team is very luck to have a man work with the middle school kids to get them prepared for their high school playing time. He works with these kids and ask nothing from anyone other then to have the desire to play softball and willingness to learn. He is a great man and was a big part of our daughters' involvement in the sport. She started out playing in 3rd grade and hasn't stopped yet. For many years she played up on an 18u team over the summer in a local league which only made her better as a player. Thank you FRANCIS!! your help is greatly appreciated by many... even though you don't get much credit for all you do. I thank you!!!!!!!

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

I appreciate the comments. If you can't help the kids what is left. It a great pleasure to work with the future. They have given so much more than I have given them.

Softball as well as the other sports help you learn to work with others:
Co-workers (other players) Boss(coaches). Just as in life, there up many ups and downs. If you try and stayfocused and not worry about the highs and lows, I feel you will lead a better life.

admar
Riding the Bench

Post by admar »

I would like to say good luck to the lady spartan softball team this season. I think they will be a strong team this year. Most of the young ladies seemed to enjoy playing the sport and they seem to work hard to get a win. I believe they will be losing a few seniors this year so hopefully they will be a strong contender for the TVC title this year to send their seniors out with something to be proud of. If I am not mistaken the pitcher is a senior this year and possibly a couple more girls. The young girls have a year of varsity softball under their belts, so come out strong ladies and make the community proud of you like volleyball and basketball teams have done in the past. It would be awesome to have 3 girls sports go deep in tournament play this year. Go Spartans!!!

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Will Alexander have alot of the talented girls playing softball or will they be focusing on volleyball ALL spring? What will they pitching situation be like? Who is the coach this year?

Return to “Softball”