now that tryouts are close to over

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

now that tryouts are close to over

Post by ManitouDan »

what does the landscape look like in scioto co for travel ball next summer ? I know there have been several moves . If you know for sure a team is a go next season please list what age and the coach if you could. I know Kayser/Gearheart/Cooper changed their name from scioto storm to the _____ Rage and added several nice players --you guys now have 14u and 16u both I believe ? Who is coaching the 14u's ?

Buckeye divas doing a 10u or 12u for 09? With such a great group of talent in p-town I hope someone offers a good 12u team for all those 11 year olds to play with. Whats up with the Baseburners ? Wild Thangs will not have a 10 or 12u next year --still uncertain about a 14u team . MD

Peanut
JV Team

Re: now that tryouts are close to over

Post by Peanut »

I know that divas are doing 10U but I do not think 12U. I think there is a Southern Ohio Elite 12U that formed from the divas. I think the baseburners are doing 12U but not 10U.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

any idea who will be coaching those teams ?

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

Scioto Storm combined with the Lady Flames and John Griffith to form the Ohio Rage. We're playing in The Smoky Mountain Classic in Pigeon Forge this weekend. It's a WSQualifier for ISA. We are 14U. Tim Brown is coaching the 16U Ohio Rage.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

How did the diva's try-outs go?

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Any chance the Buckeye Divas will have a 14-U squad?

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

Is the 10U team set? Or are they still looking for more players? Are most of the girls from Scioto County?

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

Are the diva's planning on doing anything this fall?

buckeyediva
Waterboy

Post by buckeyediva »

WE LOOK TO HAVE A FEW PRACTICES THIS FALL IF ALL GOES WELL.
WE DO HAVE 11 GIRLS AT THIS TIME. WE HAVE 1 SPOT OPEN FOR THAT
RINGER THAT IS STILL OUT THERE. WE WILL BEING HAVING A TEAM
MEETING THIS COMING SATURDAY AT DOC SINGLETON PARK
FOR A MEET AND GREET.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

^^ what age group were you referring to ?

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

MD you still a Wild Thang?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Hey hoss cat --late last summer we joined the Ohio Stingrays . We played 2 tournies with them on weekends that the Thangs did'nt have anything scheduled. Won the ASA 12 state championship. Won the Stingrays Invitational. It's quite a collection of girls. We went down to montgomery al. and played the asa nationals with them. What an experience. The cali teams have so much team speed , play lots of small ball. We had a terrific shot at a top 20 finish out of 70 plus teams but lost in the winners bracket to the San Jose Sting 5-4 after taking a 4-2 lead into the 6th.

Sting went on to finish top ten. So it's been fun. We lost our leadoff hitter (and SS) and our 2nd baseman to the cinci doom , so we got alittle weaker and they got stronger. Cinci Doom , Rays and the Lasers are the top 3 teams in that age group( 13u) in ohio. 2 other scioto co kids play with us also, 1 from burg and 1 from lucasville. We are playing with them in 09' also.

Wild Thangs have given it up --was a great run while it lasted. 4 kids who played WT ball are now playing with the 12u stingrays . a few others joined the southern ohio elite 14u. see ya MD

girlzofsummer
Waterboy

Post by girlzofsummer »

ManitouDan wrote:Hey hoss cat --late last summer we joined the Ohio Stingrays . We played 2 tournies with them on weekends that the Thangs did'nt have anything scheduled. Won the ASA 12 state championship. Won the Stingrays Invitational. It's quite a collection of girls. We went down to montgomery al. and played the asa nationals with them. What an experience. The cali teams have so much team speed , play lots of small ball. We had a terrific shot at a top 20 finish out of 70 plus teams but lost in the winners bracket to the San Jose Sting 5-4 after taking a 4-2 lead into the 6th.

Sting went on to finish top ten. So it's been fun. We lost our leadoff hitter (and SS) and our 2nd baseman to the cinci doom , so we got alittle weaker and they got stronger. Cinci Doom , Rays and the Lasers are the top 3 teams in that age group( 13u) in ohio. 2 other scioto co kids play with us also, 1 from burg and 1 from lucasville. We are playing with them in 09' also.

Wild Thangs have given it up --was a great run while it lasted. 4 kids who played WT ball are now playing with the 12u stingrays . a few others joined the southern ohio elite 14u. see ya MD

I sure hope we don't hear anymore about commitment or loyality from the Wildthangs coaches anymore.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

hate to speak for the coaches ( I was not one) but I'll try to help you out , as would every Wild Thang coach I've ever been associated with . IF , BIG IF , your kid was a wild thang and now does not have a place to play I'll gladly help out. tell me your age group and I'll supply a list of local teams.

This parent never had a problem with the committment or loyality from the WT organization. The problem was trying to get 10-12 talented , committed kids and parents who wanted to travel all over ohio to expose our kids to the best fastpitch in the state. Hard thing to do in todays economy and society. Kids at age 12-13 start getting into other stuff. Gas is small fortune. But to insinuate the staff of the WT's left a group of kids with no place to play is disingenuous . The bottom line is they did'nt have the kids to continue , at least at the level they wished to play. MD

chloe
Waterboy

Post by chloe »

From what I have seen of the girls on the Buckeye Divas. I think they will have a very good team this year. The have most of Scioto County's finest. They will have really good pitching and they will be a strong hitting team also. The coaching staff will do a fine job. I would put the Divas on top of any 10u and most 12u teams in this area.

Return to “Softball”