Riding the Bench

Lady Rebels 09

Post by DASANI »

who is the coach?

bron99
Riding the Bench

Re: Lady Rebels 09

Post by bron99 »

Well for what age group? For the 12U is Bud Lytle from the Chillicothe Chill last year. And for the 14U I think his last name is Conrad. Hope this helped you!! :122245

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

Is this topic about South Gallia Lady Rebels? If so, I think their coach is going to be Matt Randles(the J.V. volleyball coach).

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

Their coach is Matt Randles.. I really wish that they would pick a coach and stick with one. I've heard that 'someone' is trying to get all teachers to be the coaches, not that I understand that in the least. They get paid just like any other person.
They could be good this year, they have the talent but with a lack of a set coaching staff for so many years I don't know how it's going to work. Last year, Randles was asked to take the JV position and declined.. I wonder why the SUDDEN change of heart. Oh well I suppose.

GO REBELS

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

tt

vbgirl
Waterboy

Post by vbgirl »

Why Randles? One word..."kickball".

u.will.remember.sg
Waterboy

Post by u.will.remember.sg »

Well i hope it's not randles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: ! He pickes his fav. like i saw sammy hammond and megan thomas always sitting the benach. And i think that thomas should have got to play. She was a senior!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hoep the team does good this year with only one senior but i knwo sammie and she will be a wonderful leader..

sg rebel23
Waterboy

Post by sg rebel23 »

i think mr. randles is a good coach and i dont think anyone should be downing him about it, that is why we go through so many coaches, b/c someone has to complain!!!!!! i am sorry, yeah i think seniors should get some playing time, but i think whether u are a freshman or senior if u are good enough you should play, and if u r bad u should not, b/c u r hurting the team, just b/c u r a senior doesnt mean u have to play!!!!

smartguy06
Freshman Team

Post by smartguy06 »

AMEN to sg rebel23

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

sg rebel23 wrote:i think mr. randles is a good coach and i dont think anyone should be downing him about it, that is why we go through so many coaches, b/c someone has to complain!!!!!! i am sorry, yeah i think seniors should get some playing time, but i think whether u are a freshman or senior if u are good enough you should play, and if u r bad u should not, b/c u r hurting the team, just b/c u r a senior doesnt mean u have to play!!!!

It wasn't about freshmen being better than the seniors, or any other combination of all of them, it was about people sitting the bench who were better than those playing. If someone sitting the bench has had more experience and HAS a better batting average than those on the field - they should play. Randles is a good coach, for BASEBALL. Some of the things he had the girls practice wasn't how you would teach a softball player, it was for a baseball player. Batting stances were changed around, form was changed, everything that softball players were taught in 3rd and 4th grade were changed.
It wasn't about how bad of a coach he is, or favoritism, he just wasn't cut out to teach people how to play a sport he hasn't played.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Randles did more for the softball program than any other coach they have had. He played the right players at the right time. Wake up people. This is not rinky dink or summer league.

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

allaces1 wrote:Randles did more for the softball program than any other coach they have had. He played the right players at the right time. Wake up people. This is not rinky dink or summer league.

I have to disagree. With pretty much all that you said. If he had played the right players at the right time - more games would have been won. There was alot of talent on that team, inexperince but talent. There were games that should have been won by more points, faster, or just won in general.

As for this being rinky dink or summer league, I'm sure everyone is aware of that. So, what are we supposed to be waking up to?

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

If you feel are your concerns are logical and valid, you should schedule a meeting with the coach or the AD. If you feel your concerns are not met, you might consider transferring.

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

Transferring from a school I do not attend wouldn't really work. AND if I felt as though the coach or the AD or the principal or any higher authority would listen to my concerns, I would schedule a meeting. However, since many of these 'meetings' with other people who have concerns don't really do anything I prefer wasting my time in other ways.

Thanks for your opinion though.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

I am more than happy to share my opinion with you any time. :lol:

Go Rebels.

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

When ever the schedule is out, could someone share with us all?

I'd like to know when some home games are, as well as Senior night.

Return to “Softball”