Minford Softball 2009

coachwp
Waterboy

Minford Softball 2009

Post by coachwp »

Does anybody have any info on who the coach is, did they hire a new coach or did they rehire MR.Bennet.

Birdbrain
Waterboy

Re: Minford Softball 2009

Post by Birdbrain »

Mr. Bennett is the coach. After a year under his belt
with his first girls team. I think there will be some
changes and improvements he knows his stuff.

coachwp
Waterboy

Post by coachwp »

Thanks,
birdbrain, for the info I had a couple girls ask because they wasn't very happy with the season that they had last year only winning 1 game. Sounds like the only way to go is up this year because last year wasn't a very good season only winning 1 game. Mr. Bennet will have to show what he knows this year to make a better season for the girls this year. If not maybe we need to find someone that can bring Minford softball team back into the hunt of the S.O.C. like our football team has done. Good Luck Girls

coachwp
Waterboy

Post by coachwp »

What is gong on with Minford softball this year any info.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Setting a record getting 10 runned is what going on.

coachwp
Waterboy

Post by coachwp »

Great job girls on your 2 wins over Oak Hill I new you girls had it in you keep it up next season

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

The talent is coming up from the 7th and 8th grades. You got to have pitching and great defense.

coachwp
Waterboy

Post by coachwp »

I heard Minford is looking for a new coach has anyone applied for the coaching job.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Bennett is still there. As a matter of fact, he is coaching the girls 13-14 year old senior league team at Minford. I don't think he would do this if he wasn't coming back next year.

coachwp
Waterboy

Post by coachwp »

Why I asked is that is what I heard is people is saying that he is not doing very well also I watched the 13,14, year old girls get beat like 25-2 the other night that sounds lke we really need him to coach the high school again since he did so good in that game with some good ball players. Just a thought

ohiosportsmom
Riding the Bench

Post by ohiosportsmom »

Coach Bennett is not the coach of the 13-14 girls. He was asked to come in and help a couple weeks ago. The original coach quit and it was given to another coach who also coaches a 9-10 girls team at Minford. Donnie was asked to help with the team. This was a decision by the little league board at Minford.

third base
Waterboy

Post by third base »

minford softball will keep going down hill with this guy they need a coach to get them back on track this guy is not the one to do that

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

ohiosportsmom wrote:Coach Bennett is not the coach of the 13-14 girls. He was asked to come in and help a couple weeks ago. The original coach quit and it was given to another coach who also coaches a 9-10 girls team at Minford. Donnie was asked to help with the team. This was a decision by the little league board at Minford.

This is correct. Although, he was suppose to take over to let her coach her 9-10 year olds, it never happened. He helps in practices, not games. The 13-14 year olds have been just coming together. They just beat the best team at the burg, at this level, giving them their first loss. They need team chemistry. But, as far as the HS coach? All I hear is Bennett is still there.

Return to “Softball”