ALL STATE TEAMS

Redsfan
Freshman Team

ALL STATE TEAMS

Post by Redsfan »

The list is out. And it is a complete JOKE!!
I would love to know how they come up with this.

ManitouDan2
SE

Re: ALL STATE TEAMS

Post by ManitouDan2 »

got to scratch your head and wonder how a Faith Howard who just pitched her team to a conference title in dominating fashion, dominates the district , and wins a state title doesnt get a honorable mention or a 2nd team or a 1st team. I know post season awards always leave a few deserving players off and its just sad . I dont have any dog ( daughter) in this fight . I dont care WHO gets recognition , but I do wish the best players got it . But its more of the " I'll vote for yours , you vote for mine " stuff and some head coaches play that game to the hilt .

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Absolutely agree Dan. Just put the best players on the team......period. Even if they are all from the same school. The Southeast District had 9 players on the teams (1st, 2nd or honorable mention). Out of the 9, 6 of them are listed as pitchers. And Wheelersburg's pitcher isn't one of them??? How does that even happen? One of the pitchers on there wasn't even the number one pitcher on her team. That is just UNFAIR!!

Wheelersburg has the two best players in our district. One makes 1st team and the other makes 2nd team. Why aren't they both 1st team??? Because they are both from Wheelersburg??

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I can see Meeks making 1st team easily . Shes an obvious pick as her team had great success and she smashed a ton of HR"s . But if you are not the number 1 on your own team you shouldnt get all state recognition .

I ask this because I don't follow the conference very closely -- Rock Hill and Ironton had pitchers get all state awards , Did their teams even had that much success ? Did their pitchers have big years ?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

There is another pitcher on the honorable mention team that I'm pretty sure wasn't the #1 pitcher on her team. What a joke

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

The same things happen when seeding teams. I'll scratch your back (vote) you scratch mine. I am amazed that people can do these such things to kids. Guess what? They are also coaching these young people. What are they teaching them? It's okay to vote for ----- even if they aren't as good as the other team or player. A coach this year voted for a team to be a 9 seed out of 10 because they were fighting for the same seed. This coach and their team got beat out early while the other advanced to District play. Shameful!!

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Individual awards are always a joke. The only awards that matter are the ones settled on the field. I am quite certain the Ironton and Rock Hill pitchers would much rather be in the Wheelersburg pitcher's shoes with a state title under her belt. I am pretty sure the Burg pitcher gave up fewer runs through the entire tournament run than those two gave up in their first sectional games.

Return to “Softball”