UPDATE TCV - LADY MARAUDERS

marauder 2day
Waterboy

UPDATE TCV - LADY MARAUDERS

Post by marauder 2day »

Last Friday the Lady Marauders defeated Southern 14 - 3. Meigs hosts Athens Wednesday at (home) .. hopefully Rocksprings? The field isn't in the gteatest shape, so some home games have been played in Pomeroy! Nobody at the school seems to care much to help and make things better for the girls! It also seems .. A LOT of Meigs county softball coverage in the "LOCAL" paper goes to Southern and Easten, with the TVC Ohio Champ Lady Marauders getting less coverage! Of Course GAHS is never without! Sorry .. just the way it is! It's NOT fair to the girl's who always wonder why???

"GOOD LUCK" to "ALL" coaches and players from the TVC Ohio Division (Division 2 & 3) in the upcoming Sectional Tournament!

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Re: UPDATE TCV - LADY MARAUDERS

Post by Go Get It »

"Softball coverage goes to Eastern and Southern". Cry us a river. Go back and look to see who got most of the basketball coverage this past winter.

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Post by Fury27 »

I actually have to agree with marauder 2 day.....I have posted other threads about Belpre when someone asked if the Belpre Lady Eagles were that good that they beat Meigs 11-1. The problem is that most people only pay attention to their own school and not what is going on around them at other schools to know which teams are on a win streak ....who is leading the conference.....they are too busy posting things about their own teams' strike outs...hits....Big deal, on any given night someone can hit it out or have 12 strikeouts if you play the right team......Southern and Eastern have dominated the threads this year in the TVC Hocking with this.....thing they have for each other and how much better one team is than the other. But when Belpre came to Eastern and Beat Eastern at home 3-2, and one was hit out on Eastern's field against Turley, I didn't see anything being posted on that day....even a "Good Game" to the Belpre Lady Eagles, or any day after about that double header. Meigs took first place in a pretty competitive TVC Ohio division and if marauder 2 day didn't stay busy keeping us up to date on the Lady Marauders, nobody would have cared what was going on in the Ohio Division. We play travel ball with girls from Warren, Marietta, Parkersburg South, PHS......and we are always wondering how those girls did after their games.....I don't think that's the case with most of the people who post these threads......Good Job Meigs! Congrats on your TVC Ohio win!

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Thanks GAHS 4-ever, but I will officially begin my seopreps posting career by handling this little mess.

First and foremost, it is called the TVC — Tri-Valley Conference — not the TCV. You don't even know the name of the league you won marauder 2 day. Sad.

Also, to my knowledge, nobody in southeast Ohio covers the TCV. Just want to go ahead and make that point VERY WELL KNOWN!

In regards to the lack of coverage on the Southern-Meigs softball game on Friday, it's primarily because the information was not shipped to our office until 12 hours after the game and six hours after our weekend deadline.

The information arrived in our fax machine at 8:04 a.m. on Saturday morning, with a note to get it in the Sunday paper if at all possible.

I finished the Sunday edition early Saturday morning — like 2 a.m. — so that is why it was not in the weekend edition. With that, the next publication date is on Tuesday — which by the way contains this story.

So the answer to the question that all of your 'girls' want to know is simple. Your coaches sent the info in a day late — and because of the timing of the late info — you have to wait until Tuesday to read about a Friday game.

Also, in regards to too much coverage for Gallia Academy, Eastern and Southern, I want to thank you for bringing up this point.

Those three schools are the most religious about sending information in — on time — regardless of us being there or not. Not just in spring, but all year long.

In contrast, Meigs has only three sports — volleyball, golf and softball — that have any regularity in sending info in. Boys basketball also did better this season as it went along, but that's it at MHS. I have not heard from either baseball or track this spring — NOT ONCE!

Heck, GAHS 4-ever brings the book up to the office every single night after a game just to make sure we received the info.

And also, I would point out that Eastern baseball, Eastern softball and Gallia Academy softball also won league titles this year — not just Meigs softball. I haven't even been able to get to GAHS track this season, and they might win the freaking state title in D-2 girls.

I would also like to point out that on Friday, marauder 2 day basically points out that I should have been covering a non-conference game that had no bearing on anything outside of it being senior night — instead of covering the SEOAL Day of Champions title game between Gallia Academy and Marietta in softball.

When Scott Wolfe has been unavailable, I can also say that Southern's baseball coach — Ryan Lemley — has taken it upon himself to make sure that their results — both his and softball's — have been called into the office on time.

And Eastern — which have a pair of TVC champions this spring — has had the fewest pictures of any of the nine schools that we are responsible for covering this season.

I also have responsibilities to the people of Mason County, on top of both Meigs and Gallia. Nine schools, 27 varsity programs and two sportswriters. Obviously then, I won't be hanging out at Meigs, or Gallia Academy, or any one school every single night.

We have had to spread the wealth this spring, and I might add that the rainouts haven't done us any favors either.

Our deadline is 11 p.m. on week nights, Monday through Friday. If the info is here before that time, it will be in the next day. If it isn't in the next day, then we didn't receive the info on time.

Hope this clears up any CONFUSION about coverage in the 'local paper'. Also remember that whatever you see in one paper is approximately one-third of what we do every night.

BTW, I'll see the Lady Marauders against Athens on Wednesday. Good luck.

And I will be going back to GAHS today to watch the completion of the SEOAL Day of Champions softball game. Good luck Coach Niday and the Angels.

This is fun, can't wait to do this again. And BTW, I did this after I finished my work and was off the clock.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

bdubya......Excellent, excellent post. I had as much fun reading it as you did writing it. Talk to you this evening.

marauder 2day
Waterboy

Post by marauder 2day »

Sorry .. didn't mean to step on anyone's toes! Guess I also need to apologize for typing so fast and NOT checking when I unattentionally spelled "TVC"!!!

I'm glad the other teams such as Southern, Eastern and GAHS are getting coverage in our area and it wasn't my intentions to have someone feel otherwise, "BUT" would be very nice for somewhere close to equal coverage and from what I understand .. the Lady Marauders softball games ARE sent in to the newspaper! There was a very nice team photo of the girls winning the "TVC" (checked spelling again) title that night however .. the coverage hasn't been near equal to other teams with very little photos of the girls etc. This is a team that won their first title in 4 years, but have won (I think) 5 "TVC" titles in the last 10 years!

GAHS has a very good fundamental team and has been for a long time and the lack of coverage for Meigs doesn't or shouldn't take away from THEIR accomplishments and wasn't meant to! As far as the girl's ball field????? Probably about 1/2 of the home games have been played in Pomeroy, due to the lack of attention the girl's sports gets! The boy's field had drainage lines put in while "no money" has been spent to give the same attention likewise! The outfield is the problem from what I've heard. It's like a marsh and takes "days" to dry out, unlike the infield which can be worked on and helped with sand and work. So there u go!!!!

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

bdubya wrote:Thanks GAHS 4-ever, but I will officially begin my seopreps posting career by handling this little mess.

And also, I would point out that Eastern baseball, Eastern softball and Gallia Academy softball also won league titles this year — not just Meigs softball.

I would also like to point out that on Friday, marauder 2 day basically points out that I should have been covering a non-conference game that had no bearing on anything outside of it being senior night — instead of covering the SEOAL Day of Champions title game between Gallia Academy and Marietta in softball.

And Eastern — which have a pair of TVC champions this spring — has had the fewest pictures of any of the nine schools that we are responsible for covering this season.

This is fun, can't wait to do this again. And BTW, I did this after I finished my work and was off the clock.

FYI Eastern plays Trimble tonight at home.
They play for the league title.
If Trimble beats Eastern tonight, they will share the TVC title.
Eastern and Meigs and Southern are closer to your coverage area than Marietta.
How many readers do you have from Gallia and Marietta?
Sounds like two school rivals close to home (Meigs and Southern)
should be worth a reporters time too!

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

bballnut wrote:
bdubya wrote:Thanks GAHS 4-ever, but I will officially begin my seopreps posting career by handling this little mess.

And also, I would point out that Eastern baseball, Eastern softball and Gallia Academy softball also won league titles this year — not just Meigs softball.

FYI Eastern plays Trimble tonight at home.
They play for the league title.
If Trimble beats Eastern tonight, they will share the TVC title.
Eastern and Meigs and Southern are closer to your coverage area than Marietta.
How many readers do you have from Gallia and Marietta?
Sounds like two school rivals close to home (Meigs and Southern)
should be worth a reporters time too!

well i heard that we will have the same umps as we did at home so go ahead and give the win to the eagles. one of the umps is from eastern, and the other one from another trimble rival school. we also have a few girls that are injured and may not play. but if we would not have got homered last time we would have a 1 game lead right now. and why did your coach keep delaying this game? we should have played last friday, but your coach wouldnt do that. then you cancelled yesterday cuz of baseball. so why keep delaying?

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

injured players, was homered(at your on school), are you making excuses for the loss you are about to receive?

Return to “Softball”