Seoal Day of Champions

ItownHosscat
S

Seoal Day of Champions

Post by ItownHosscat »

SEOAL Nixes Remaining Softball Games

The wet spring weather led the league to cancel the remaining "Day of Champions" softball games.
By Craig Dunn- Logan Daily News
Southeastern Ohio Athletic League athletic directors made the decision to cancel the remainder of the league’s “Day of Champions” softball games at their monthly meeting Wednesday morning at Jackson High School.

The ADs cited weather concerns, tournament play and scheduling problems among the reasons for their decision.

South Division champion Gallipolis defeated North Division winner Marietta 4-3 in a weather-delayed championship game Tuesday. However, second-place through fourth-place positions in the South could not be determined after Ironton defeated Chillicothe 10-0 in a makeup game Wednesday evening.

Not only did Ironton, Jackson and Portsmouth all finish 6-6 in the South Division, but they were deadlocked on all tiebreakers. Since some teams have already completed their seasons, and with others still in tournaments and the uncertain weather, it was agreed to let the tie stand in the South rather than use a draw-of-numbers tiebreaker.

Thus, the SEOAL considers Warren (the North runner-up), Ironton, Jackson and Portsmouth all tied for third place and will split All-Sports Trophy points accordingly.

Zanesville (third in the North) finishes fifth, Logan (fourth in the North) seventh and Chillicothe (fifth in the South, with no corresponding team from the North to match up with in the DOC) ninth.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Re: Seoal Day of Champions

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

gahs4ever.....For those of us in the media circles, and I think I can speak on behalf of other SEOAL insiders, we won't miss some of the headaches Zanesville High has caused.

Not everybody associated with Zanesville athletics has been that way, but too many for sure. I'll leave it at that.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

Don't hate on Athens cause they outplayed you in the Tourn.

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

Jukeboxer, that was uncalled for. I know GAHS and he is taking the loss hard but what he stated is true. Also, you might have a point if he hadn't thrown Ironton in the mix as well. Gallia beat Ironton three times this year so stop picking a computer fight and be civil.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

WOW, settle down. Why does the league keep letting these teams in if they leave them high and dry ? I, personally, will be glad to see Ironton get out of the league. Gallia is a good solid team, but the rest of the South is not good Softball. I could name 10 teams in this direct area that would contend for the league title every year. I feel you only get better if you play teams as good or better than you. Good luck to Symmes Valley and Chesepeake .

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Did Ironton play their last game with Chilly? If not wouldn't that make them 5-6 in the conference and not 6-6. Also was wondering if based on what position you finish, does that determine how many players from your team make All Conference. As for the Lady Trojans, I would like to congratulate them on a great year. To finish 3rd in the conference is a big step for the program and a great way for the seniors to go out. I wish all of the seniors luck in what ever they pursue in life, thank you for leading some of these younger girls in the right direction. Thanks to Coach Hopkins and Coach Stanley for all of their time and effort, it's greatly appreciated.

sballfan2010
Freshman Team

Post by sballfan2010 »

BigTime wrote:Did Ironton play their last game with Chilly? If not wouldn't that make them 5-6 in the conference and not 6-6. Also was wondering if based on what position you finish, does that determine how many players from your team make All Conference. As for the Lady Trojans, I would like to congratulate them on a great year. To finish 3rd in the conference is a big step for the program and a great way for the seniors to go out. I wish all of the seniors luck in what ever they pursue in life, thank you for leading some of these younger girls in the right direction. Thanks to Coach Hopkins and Coach Stanley for all of their time and effort, it's greatly appreciated.

Ironton did play their last game with Chillicothe beating them 10 to zip in 5 innings. As far as I know that win made it a 3 way tie for 2nd place in the South but I could be wrong. Ironton beat Jackson twice and Portsmouth once. Not sure what happend in the games between Jackson and Portsmouth. Ironton was 6 and 6 in the league.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Thanks gahs4ever and sballfan2010 for the information. Congrats to both Ironton and Jackson on their 3rd place tie in the SEOAL along with Portsmouth. I hope gahs4ever, that the rest of the league can make it competitive in the South next year with your Blue Angels. But, your Blue Angels are so tough to beat.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

I dont think so Big Time. Last year when we won the South 12-0 we got seven on the All-SEOAL team. This year we again went 12-0 but "only" got five.
gahs4ever;
Have they already named the All Conference team this year? And if so did Emily Hopkins and Hannah Foster make the team. They sure did deserve to be on the All Conference team this year from Portsmouth.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

When will the All-Conference Team be announced? And if it has could someone please post the team.

mangywulf
Waterboy

Post by mangywulf »

I think the coaches were a big reason for success but to say they were the big reason kinda doesnt give players much credit

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

As posted on wkkj.com

All SEOAL Baseball

South Division

Seth Dawes, Chillicothe**
Marty Dunn, Chillicothe
Alex Grow, Chillicothe
Derrick Webb, Chillicothe
Kyle Dingess, Gallia Academy
Tyler Eastman, Gallia Academy
Austin Roush, Gallia Academy
Howie Lucas, Ironton
Josh Pancake, Ironton
Geoff White, Ironton
Anthony Malone, Jackson*
Josh Owsley, Jackson
Josh Myers, Portsmouth*
*—indicates repeat member from 2008 team (Dawes was also on the team in 2007)Player of the Year: Seth Dawes, ChillicotheCoach of the Year: Marty Dunn, Chillicothe

North Division

Colton Brooks, Logan
Michael Bauman, Marietta
Evan Brockmeier, Marietta*
Zack Heath, Warren
Jeremy Murphy, Warren
Tyler Spence, Warren*
Shaun Berry, Zanesville
J.T. Bunting, Zanesville*
Wade Kaido, Zanesville*
Colton Maxwell, Zanesville
Kurt Young, Zanesville
*—indicates repeat member from 2008 team

Player of the Year: Evan Brockmeier, Marietta
Coach of the Year: Dave Balo, Zanesville (Balo was also North COY in 2007 and 2008)

2009 ALL-SEOAL SOFTBALL
South Division

Taylor Good, Chillicothe
Kimber Davis, Gallipolis*
Mattie Lanham, Gallipolis
Amy Noe, Gallipolis**
Brittyn Saunders, Gallipolis**
Courtney Shriver, Gallipolis*
Jessica Brown, Ironton
Emily Lilly, Ironton
Janie Morris, Ironton*
Emileigh Cooper, Jackson
Brianna Moore, Jackson
Heather Drake, Portsmouth
Emily Hopkins, Portsmouth**
Hannah Foster, Portsmouth
*—indicates repeat member from 2008 team (Noe, Saunders and Hopkins were
also on the team in 2007)

Player of the Year: Amy Noe, Gallipolis
Coach of the Year: Jim Niday, Gallipolis

North Division

Megan Minehart, Logan
Stefanie Rieder, Logan
Bailey Topf, Logan
Layne Carpenter, Marietta**
Chelsea Hutchison, Marietta*
Maggie Bennett, Warren
Taylor Dolak, Warren
Kayla Leach, Warren
Randi McKenna, Warren
Alyssa Burns, Zanesville
Katie Lianez, Zanesville*
*—indicates repeat member from 2008 team (Carpenter was also on the team in 2007)

Player of the Year: Layne Carpenter, Marietta (Carpenter was also North POY in 2007 and 2008)
Coach of the Year: John Doughty, Marietta

Return to “Softball”