Poor Sportsmanship

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Poor Sportsmanship

Post by Fury27 »

We just finished a tournment this weekend in Buffalo, WV. We won the Championship game 1-0 against the WV Extreme. I think 16u Flamin Fury may have played WV Extreme one other time this year at ASA state, but 16U Flamin Fury has picked up several new girls, and is being coached by a new coach for Fall Ball. Also, WV Extreme (I think) has picked up new girls because Ripley's starting pitcher pitched for them in the Championship. I couldn't believe the poor sportsmanship that was displayed by not only the girl's on the team, but the coaches and especially the fans! Their second baseman threw her helmet in pool play after being called out at home, followed by a few choice words to our catcher. And during the Championship game, the fans were Shouting very obscene things to our coach and our team. Not sure where the WV Extreme play most of their games, nor do I want to know, but if they continue to show the kind of sportsmanship that was displayed today in Buffalo, WV, I would think that they would no longer be welcome at some tournament sites.

Return to “Softball”