Site Admin

TVC-Ohio 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by mattash »

Who wins?

BLUE84n82
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC-Ohio 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by BLUE84n82 »

imo Athens runs away from everyone else. Too many offensive weapons, descent pitching, great catcher, better than average d. If everyone stays healthy this will be the team to beat in this league.

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Post by Fury27 »

your forgetting that Belpre went to the District finals last season, and has most of their starters from that District team returning.....I wouldn't give it to Athens so fast...Belpre is going to make some noise their last year in the TVC Ohio

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

fury27, the fact that Belpre had several girls get irreplacable experience this past summer on some pretty darn good travel teams will also be very helpful. You can't replace the experience of facing good pitching on a daily basis. It should be an interesting spring to say the least.

Coach363
Freshman Team

Post by Coach363 »

Wellston Lady Rockets?? Everybody returns including both hall's sister's...rumor has it that the pitcher has been working out with her cousin alot this past offseason "Erin Sturgill"...They have a very very solid freshman class that would start for most varsity teams in this area.... Alot of depth in Wellston once again... Wait and see but I'd say the QUEEN of the diamonds are back in Wellston... fyi...Abby Thomas, Erin Sturgill, Toni Parsons are won their first TVC championships there sophmore years...Brittni Hall is a sophmore this year and is a cousin to Sturgill and a cousin to Thomas by marriage..ironic? Family tradition seems to me.... I expect a big season from this young but very talented pitcher.... Her sister should be and could be Off Player of the Year also...Coach Perdue will get one for the pinky this year......

BLUE84n82
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUE84n82 »

Belpre has some nice players, and yes travel ball is a must. Ive seen most kids play from both Belpre and Athens, similar talent, but Athens has some great power hitters. Should make for a great season in your league. Good luck to all teams and stay healthy.

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Post by Fury27 »

I agree, especially since Belpre beat Athens at Athens 2-1 their last meeting last season......I can't remember where Athens finished last year in the TVC Ohio...Were they second or third.....what was their overall record? Just Curious about all their power hitting.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I hope Nelsonville-York continues to improve and get better. Last year they made some good strides and I look to see them win a couple more games this year.

Coach363
Freshman Team

Post by Coach363 »

Wellston...youth will be too strong... I like Belpre and Fitch...She has a been a solid player for Belpre the past 3 seasons.... Belpre or Wellston

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

I think Belpre and Athens will battle it out with Wellston and Alex right behind. I think Wellston is another year off to battle for the title.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Along with Fitch, don't forget Juniors Mason and Leftwich, who were also all district last two seasons as Freshman & Sophmores and all 3 lead team in almost every statistic. . solid core with McNabb and Perry as Sophmores this season will make Belpre a contender again for TVC. . .Should be a interesting season can't wait to see the New Freshman at Wellston. . and don't count out Alexander/Athens/Eastern/Trimble. . .though i think that Belpre will be moving down in Divisions so it could be real exciting. . .Good luck to all teams this season and keep working in the offseason. . .

admar
Riding the Bench

Post by admar »

First of all I would like to wish all team in the TVC good luck for the 2010 season. Just a few thought I would like to share.
Last year Meigs, Belpre, Wellston, Alexander and Athens were pretty good. I think maybe there was a two or three way tie for second...not sure on that with these teams. Belpre has a very good team and a smart coach. Wellston girls and Rick are out to kick some behind this year once again. Rick runs a great program down there and I believe these girls work on softball pretty much year round. I know that other schools, will not touch a softball or bat until a few weeks before season is to begin. If you want a great program, you need to work on the sport as much as possible. Meigs will be a team you can't look past as well this year. Athens will give you some good games but if you can stop a couple players from hitting the ball on that team I think you can stop them. Alexander, I am not sure about this year. Seemed that they used one pitcher pretty much all the time for the last 4 years and this girl graduated. Not sure what they have to fall back on this year on the mound. The D was pretty good for them last year and I believe they lost only the pitcher and one other girl who didn't have much experience. Once again....good luck to all teams this year.

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Post by Fury27 »

Admar wrote:
Rick runs a great program down there and I believe these girls work on softball pretty much year round. I know that other schools, will not touch a softball or bat until a few weeks before season is to begin. If you want a great program, you need to work on the sport as much as possible. Meigs will be a team you can't look past as well this year.

I can tell you that some Belpre girls have been pitching and hitting since the season ended last year....playing travel ball during the summer, fall ball on a travel team, and now going into an indoor league at Rio Grande. Also has also made time to go to Medina for Hitting and pitching lessons. Don't think that the concept of picking up your glove or bat a few weeks before the season begins is something that Belpre practices. Also, this is Belpre's last year in the TVC Ohio League. I'm sure they feel like they have something to prove. I look for them to make a very good run......and not just be "competitive". I know some of the girls want a TVC Championship pretty bad this year, as well as another run to the District Finals. Good Luck Eagles. Show the TVC that small schools have power too!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LETS GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Rockets all the way baby!

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Been a long, long, long basketball season. . . can't wait to see girls on the diamond again. . .teams as well as the conference will be a tight one this season with many of the teams coming back with some real strong underclassmen that will really help their teams. . .just wish all the young ladies and injury free season. . .Lets Go Belpre Lady Eagles. ! ! !

Blue Chick#2
Waterboy

Post by Blue Chick#2 »

Good Luck to Athens!! Go Jayne, Richelle, and Raven!!! From your Gallia Friend! :)

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Well Lady Eagles had their first scrimmage for the 2010 season vs Marietta, Taylor Mason took the mound for the first couple innings did an outstanding job, followed by Regina Leftwich for the next couple of innings and finishing off with Natalie Perry, all three did a very good job for their first real test of the season keeping Marietta at bay all evening. . .offensively the core group picks up where they left off from their run to the disticts last season, with Brittany McNabb taking one to left center fence, Natalie Perry driving one, and Regina Leftwich goes deep to right center, Brandi Fitch putting it in play, and going yard Taylor Mason center field solo shot has Belpre fans excited to get to the regular season. . . Good luck lady eagles and also good luck to the Marietta Tigers . . .

BLUE84n82
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUE84n82 »

Tee hee hee. How bout them Dawgs!!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

So did Athens beat Belpre?

I'm assuming so

Return to “Softball”