Jr. High Softball report

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Re: Jr. High Softball report

Post by SOSoftball »

Softballdad wrote:How did everyone handle having a lot of kids come out? Or have tryouts began for everyone?
My guess is most team will be having tryouts this week or next week.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

orangeandblack98 wrote:heres how i see it,Burg will be on top. pitching is not going to be that big of a problem like said on here. one of top players and most solid 1-9 defensively and all will hit. Oak Hill behind burg. returns pitcher and the other top player in the league but what else? northwest had some talent at top of line up last season, don't know if they return or not? everyone else will be down. coldhardtruth seems to think green will be a contender but we will see. who does the ss travel with?
popcorn is on the stove, almost ready.
What experience do Wheelersburgs pitchers have? Do they play travel ball and did they pitch for the jr high team last season?

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

How does everyone feel now? Any changes after tryouts?

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

Softballdad wrote:How does everyone feel now? Any changes after tryouts?
What are your projections?

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

Oak Hill & Northwest appear to return the most so I would have to say those two would be early top 2. With Oak Hill being 1. But haven't heard what everyone thought after seeing what the girls look like at the start? Who improved over the fall & winter.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Oak Hill is returning their #1 pitcher this year but their #2 is not returning.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

Browns30 wrote:Oak Hill is returning their #1 pitcher this year but their #2 is not returning.
Who was their #2?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Any local teams want a challenge -- a girl that came to SSU's camp from Marietta that pitches and is a 8th grader is around 6 ft tall and throws a legit 60-61 game speed with spin and movement that any HS player would like to have , not sure what school she might play for but she's a great talent. Very high level pitcher for a 15 old kid .

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

I posted my top 9 or 10 teams earlier so I will just list the 5 for now.

Wheelersburg/Oak Hill
Northwest
Clay
Coal Grove

Wheelersburg and Oak Hill will be the top two I believe and it could go either way. Not sure how the impact on Oak Hill of not having their #2 pitcher but from my experience the #2 doesn't see a whole lot of pitching time in middle school.

Northwest will be near the top. As stated earlier they are returning several starters.

Clay will have a solid team also that will include one of the stronger pitchers in the area if not the best pitcher in Scioto county. Plus she is only a 7th grader. They will have 2-3 standouts but the pitcher will keep them in it.

Coal Grove will have a solid team with several girls that play year round including the pitcher for the Outlaws. Several starters will be 7th graders but will still have a solid team.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

ManitouDan2 wrote:Any local teams want a challenge -- a girl that came to SSU's camp from Marietta that pitches and is a 8th grader is around 6 ft tall and throws a legit 60-61 game speed with spin and movement that any HS player would like to have , not sure what school she might play for but she's a great talent. Very high level pitcher for a 15 old kid .
I assume she plays on a travel team. Do you know what one?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

My apologies the Marietta player is a freshman not an 8th grader .

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

SOSoftball wrote:
I posted my top 9 or 10 teams earlier so I will just list the 5 for now.

Wheelersburg/Oak Hill
Northwest
Clay
Coal Grove

Wheelersburg and Oak Hill will be the top two I believe and it could go either way. Not sure how the impact on Oak Hill of not having their #2 pitcher but from my experience the #2 doesn't see a whole lot of pitching time in middle school.

Northwest will be near the top. As stated earlier they are returning several starters.

Clay will have a solid team also that will include one of the stronger pitchers in the area if not the best pitcher in Scioto county. Plus she is only a 7th grader. They will have 2-3 standouts but the pitcher will keep them in it.

Coal Grove will have a solid team with several girls that play year round including the pitcher for the Outlaws. Several starters will be 7th graders but will still have a solid team.
Does Wheelersburg return a lot?

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I don't believe so. I believe they lost almost every starter aside from Sturgill.

Severino
Waterboy

Post by Severino »

Burg will be ready, new coach, and a good group of players.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Not sure how good they will be but burg just about always puts a competitive team on the field no matter the age group.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Oak Hill lost 4 starters from last season, #2 pitcher/1st base, SS (big bat) ,2B, and CF, those 4 were in the top 6 of batting lineup. Fortunately, we keep our #1 pitcher and catcher, highest avg hitter/3B who will prob move to SS this year and 2 other starters who played OF last season. So guess we will see if someone will step up and fill those empty spots effectively.

Jeremiah83
Waterboy

Post by Jeremiah83 »

Anyone got a contactfor coal grove. Like to extend an invite to our preseason tournament

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

Jeremiah83 wrote:Anyone got a contactfor coal grove. Like to extend an invite to our preseason tournament
Sent you a PM

Dadof3
Waterboy

Post by Dadof3 »

Wheelersburg 4 team round robin friendly March 12th. Looking for one more team.
Contact Ryan Morrow 740-357-1975

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

When is everyone's season opener? And who do you play?

Return to “Softball”