Jr. High Softball report

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Re: Jr. High Softball report

Post by SOSoftball »

Marty McFly wrote:
ColdHardTruth wrote:Couldn't remember the names for them but, Oak Hill is loaded and I believe girls from other programs are even coming to Oak Hill now to be part of it. That's a very good sign. I know a angel loses it's wings any time you don't put a Burg team at the top of the list but unless Burg gets talent transferring in a couple years. OAK HILL will be the team to beat.
Where are you getting all of this Oak Hill information? I'm sure if you asked someone from Oak Hill about transfers they would scratch their heads in confusion. The problem with posts like yours is they are speculation. Instead of saying "I believe girls from other programs are even coming to Oak Hill", why don't you ask if they are? Stuff like this is how crazy rumors get started.

I would take everything ColdHardTruth says with a grain of salt based on the information he provided in his first post on this thread.

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

What kind of travel ball or ball in general does he watch? His "credentials" let him name all these standout players but didn't know who everyone on here is saying are the areas two best players?

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

I always tell my daughter to work hard and let her hard work do the talking. People are always going to voice their opinions on who they think are the best teams and players without always knowing all the facts. When it's all said and done, the best teams and players will be known by the ones whose opinions matter.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Oak Hill has had no girls transfer in for softball, 100% home grown. For years Burg has dominated the SOC and will continue to have very solid teams year end and year out but the competitive gap is closing in the next few years. Minford, Oak Hill, Clay, Northwest and Notre Dame all will be very good for years to come. And for people who like softball that's a good thing.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Oak Hill Jr high didn't have a catcher that just joined the program last season?

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Ok I'm sorry, moved to the village because that's where they chose to live, not because of softball.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Ah ok. Well it was actually meant as a compliment to the program.

Fanofthegame
Waterboy

Post by Fanofthegame »

Richendollar from ironton has transferred to Raceland.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

She plays travel ball with a bunch of those girls too I believe. Hate to hear that for Ironton. They could be really down this year by their standards.

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

These kids must be VERY talented. There's a BIG difference in being a good player & a D1 player. Guess time will tell they're just jr high.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

ColdHardTruth wrote:She plays travel ball with a bunch of those girls too I believe. Hate to hear that for Ironton. They could be really down this year by their standards.
What travel squads do all of these kids play for?

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

captainmorgan_ wrote:
ColdHardTruth wrote:She plays travel ball with a bunch of those girls too I believe. Hate to hear that for Ironton. They could be really down this year by their standards.
What travel squads do all of these kids play for?

Most of those girls play for Ky Magic. Although I have heard that four or five have left the team this coming season. Either deciding not to play anymore or going to other teams.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

which teams do all the "standout" kids mentioned earlier play on? there were a lot of names listed

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

The Hughes girl from Oak Hill plays for Ohio Lasers and the Sturgill girl from Burg played for Ohio Hawks this past summer. I believe she is playing for a different team this coming season but not sure who. She has played for a few different teams including Crush and Ohio Thunder.

There is another girl from Chesepeake that is a pretty strong player. Easily one of the top pitchers in the area. She is an 8th grader also. This past summer she played on MOV Fury out of West Virginia. They won the 12u A championship in Orlando this year.
Last edited by SOSoftball on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

ColdHardTruth wrote:Portsmouth - 7th grader Perry(pitcher/infield)
Clay - 8th grader Cochran (shortstop/pitcher)and the 7th grade pitcher.
Valley - their pitcher named Faith (can't think of her last name)
Oak Hill - (all of them lol)
Green - Jenkins (pitcher/catcher) Kimbler (Shortstop/Pitcher) Carver (1st Base)
Ironton - Richendollar (pitcher)
Burg/Note Dame- Solid squads, no standouts though.
Webster - Messler (pitcher) Bailey (catcher)
East, New Boston - None
what about some of these kids?

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

Portsmouth ---Perry - Buckeye Elite
Clay -- Cochran (Not Playing that I know of), Lutz - Crush
Valley -- Faith - Buckeye Elite
Oak Hill -- Hughes - Ohio Lasers, There is another girl from Oak Hill I believe named Davis plays on Crush
Green -- Jenkins - SO Storm, Kimbler - ??? , Carver - ???
Ironton -- Richendollar - Ky Magic
Burg/Note Dame- Solid squads, no standouts though.
Webster - Messler - ??? Bailey- SO Storm

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

SOSoftball wrote:The Hughes girl from Oak Hill plays for Ohio Lasers and the Sturgill girl from Burg played for Ohio Hawks this past summer. I believe she is playing for a different team this coming season but not sure who. She has played for a few different teams including Crush and Ohio Thunder.

There is another girl from Chesepeake that is a pretty strong player. Easily one of the top pitchers in the area. She is an 8th grader also. This past summer she played on MOV Fury out of West Virginia. They won the 12u A championship in Orlando this year.
sturgill- ohio outlaws

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

I believe that are other girls that are really good players that have not been mentioned yet either that are further east from us but still in Southeastern Ohio.

You have a 7th Grader from Coal Grove that is a pitcher and would compete as one of the top 7th grade pitchers in the area. She play for the Outlaws.

You have the girl I mentioned above from Chesepeake.

The Blevins girl from Minford can play with any catcher in the area.

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

Don't hear much about catchers on here just usually pitchers and middle infield. Glad to see someone is putting work in

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

There are a few kids on three or four of those local travel teams that could play for some of the top teams in the state but have chosen not too for whatever reasons.

But that is what hurts teams in this area. I can count 8 "travel" teams in Scioto and Greenup Counties (all within 20-30 minutes of each other) in this age group of Junior High Students (14u). I am not counting 12u which would be most of your 7th graders.

When you are trying to play against some of these teams in other parts of the state it makes it difficult. When the roster is really only 5-6 deep when you start seeing a drop in talent and you are playing against teams that are 10-11 deep. I am not saying they can't compete against some of the top teams cause I think there are 3 or 4 teams that can but its tough to win against them.

Return to “Softball”