Post by Orange and Brown »

Whos gonna win it?
Who is gonna suprise everyone?
Thoughts :?:

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Re: 2011 TVC-HOCKING

Post by Fury27 »

Belpre is going to be a force this year in the Hocking Division. They return all but 1 started (in the infield and outfield)... 3 deep in pitching (plus the Defensive MVP of the Ohio divison last year in pitching) and have finished second 3 consecutive years in the TVC Ohio Division. I am anxious to see the team that can beat them out right, and not with a home umpire...no offense to the Hocking teams, but some of the umpires that we have seen during our non conference games with the Hocking teams over the years I didn't think should still have a driver's license, let alone be umping behind the plate. I know everyone feels that they can get home cooked at some point or another during the season, but post for post on here, the Hocking Divison has ALWAYS complained about the umpires in their Divison. Good Luck Eagles, and be the team that I know you can be this year!

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

I feel it is Belpre's title to lose.
After that I think trimble Waterford.
Then Eastern.
After that have no clue

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

So it seems like Belpre is the early favorite..........

I wonder What kind of Softball program does Wahama have?

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Are you seriously complaining about the umpires before the season even starts. Eastern beat Belpre last year without Turley on the mound

(alvin
Waterboy

Post by (alvin »

Fury27 wrote:Belpre is going to be a force this year in the Hocking Division. They return all but 1 started (in the infield and outfield)... 3 deep in pitching (plus the Defensive MVP of the Ohio divison last year in pitching) and have finished second 3 consecutive years in the TVC Ohio Division. I am anxious to see the team that can beat them out right, and not with a home umpire...no offense to the Hocking teams, but some of the umpires that we have seen during our non conference games with the Hocking teams over the years I didn't think should still have a driver's license, let alone be umping behind the plate. I know everyone feels that they can get home cooked at some point or another during the season, but post for post on here, the Hocking Divison has ALWAYS complained about the umpires in their Divison. Good Luck Eagles, and be the team that I know you can be this year!
The only place that has the old guy, (maybe 70'ish) is Eastern. He has grand children in the district though so it is ok. Trimble has there usual big burly guys that do most of there home basketball games. Other then that the umps are usually not homers. Oh I forgot about Waterford. They seem to get there umps from guys in the crowd for the big games. Yea now that I think about it, you may be right.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

So everyone is homers but Southern?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

who throws for Belpre ?

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Post by Fury27 »

Ok King James...Eastern played Belpre at Belpre, and yes, Eastern did beat Belpre last year in their double header...but Turley got on the mound in the 4th inning as soon as she got their last year, (from taking the ACT), pitched the rest of the game and also the second....I have my scorebook right here. Belpre did not pitch their number 1 pitcher when she got there (from also taking the ACT) because it was a non conference game. I am not saying that Belpre would have won if Mason would have pitched, I am just trying to set the record straight on your post about Turley not being on the mound. And as far as already complaining about the umpires.....no I am not complaining about the umpires before the season starts....but as a new team coming to a new division and reading all of the previous posts from the Hocking teams last year.....as a fan you would be concerned since the underlining theme for most of the posts during the regular season is about the "Home Cooking" the Hocking teams got at other schools....I am hoping for a GREAT softball season, and wish everyone the best of Luck!!

(alvin
Waterboy

Post by (alvin »

Fury27 wrote:Ok King James...Eastern played Belpre at Belpre, and yes, Eastern did beat Belpre last year in their double header...but Turley got on the mound in the 4th inning as soon as she got their last year, (from taking the ACT), pitched the rest of the game and also the second....I have my scorebook right here. Belpre did not pitch their number 1 pitcher when she got there (from also taking the ACT) because it was a non conference game. I am not saying that Belpre would have won if Mason would have pitched, I am just trying to set the record straight on your post about Turley not being on the mound. And as far as already complaining about the umpires.....no I am not complaining about the umpires before the season starts....but as a new team coming to a new division and reading all of the previous posts from the Hocking teams last year.....as a fan you would be concerned since the underlining theme for most of the posts during the regular season is about the "Home Cooking" the Hocking teams got at other schools....I am hoping for a GREAT softball season, and wish everyone the best of Luck!!
You only have to worry when you go to Eastern with the old guys, I think both of them are 70+ years old, and Waterford if they are good cause then they get the local guys. Trimble gets those two big heavy guys that do all the varsity boys basketball games to umpire when they are playing someone good, but softball has to share them with baseball so you might get lucky if it is baseballs turn to have them when you play there.

Cat Fan
Waterboy

Post by Cat Fan »

I'm so tired of hearing eastern and southern talk about referees costing them the game. Take some responsibility for loosing once in a while. Apparently you would win the state title in everything if it weren't for officials.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

It looks like Belpre is the one talking about the umpires there cat fan

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

I look for Federal Hocking to make some noise this year. They have a talented freshman in Ashton Cale as well as a host of other freshman and returning players. It will take some time, but they will develop into a good team by the end of the season IMO. Good luck to the Lady Lancers.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Should be a very competitive league this year

The Broker
Riding the Bench

Post by The Broker »

Going by early practices and other teams practices we have scouted looks like the Cats will be right in the thick of things. If The Broker can shake this danged bug he has been fighting things will really start rolling in Cat land. We are deeeeeppp this year. If the trick hip holds up 18 wins is a reality, which will help achieve a milestone in coaching lore. Might even earn The Broker a spot on the wall of fame.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

or shame. :122249 :122249 :122246

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

who throws for Belphre ?

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Post by Fury27 »

Taylor Mason is a senior and throws most of the time for Belpre, but she is a first baseman who has signed with Ohio Dominican to play softball next year. They also have a junior, Natalie Perry, and Senior Regina Leftwich who throw too. Leftwich I think is going to Marietta College next year.

(alvin
Waterboy

Post by (alvin »

The Broker wrote:Going by early practices and other teams practices we have scouted looks like the Cats will be right in the thick of things. If The Broker can shake this danged bug he has been fighting things will really start rolling in Cat land. We are deeeeeppp this year. If the trick hip holds up 18 wins is a reality, which will help achieve a milestone in coaching lore. Might even earn The Broker a spot on the wall of fame.
So you are out scouting other teams practices? I have never heard of anyone doing that before. I like your confidence though predicting 18 wins. You must be one heck of a coach is all I can say. :lol:

Return to “Softball”