PORTSMOUTH CLAY remains unbeaten

Nine20four
Freshman Team

PORTSMOUTH CLAY remains unbeaten

Post by Nine20four »

The Lady Panthers moved to 6-0 (3-0 conf.) with an 11-1 win over Eastern Pike at Beaver. Autumn Griffith with the win.

softball_player
Waterboy

Re: PORTSMOUTH CLAY remains unbeaten

Post by softball_player »

It's pretty easy to remain undefeated when you schedule teams that are obviously no competition to you.

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Re: PORTSMOUTH CLAY remains unbeaten (7-0)

Post by Nine20four »

softball_player wrote:It's pretty easy to remain undefeated when you schedule teams that are obviously no competition to you.

FYI, Clay has scrimmaged Oak Hill, Rock Hill, Eastern Brown, and Fairland (and did quite well against all four) and has notched wins over Manchester 18-1, Portsmouth 7-4, New Boston 14-2, Eastern Pike 11-1, East 11-1, Huntington Ross 8-5, and South Webster 4-1 thus far. Games scheduled against non-conference teams include Gallipolis, Fairfield, Waverly, Wheelersburg, North Adams, Warren, West, Peebles, and Adena, all of which are much larger schools. I have a pretty good idea which school you support, so if I were you, I wouldn't be dissing Clay's schedule and spouting off like you did.

upi34
Riding the Bench

Re: PORTSMOUTH CLAY remains unbeaten (7-0)

Post by upi34 »

Nine20four wrote:
softball_player wrote:It's pretty easy to remain undefeated when you schedule teams that are obviously no competition to you.

FYI, Clay has scrimmaged Oak Hill, Rock Hill, Eastern Brown, and Fairland (and did quite well against all four) and has notched wins over Manchester 18-1, Portsmouth 7-4, New Boston 14-2, Eastern Pike 11-1, East 11-1, Huntington Ross 8-5, and South Webster 4-1 thus far. Games scheduled against non-conference teams include Gallipolis, Fairfield, Waverly, Wheelersburg, North Adams, Warren, West, Peebles, and Adena, all of which are much larger schools. I have a pretty good idea which school you support, so if I were you, I wouldn't be dissing Clay's schedule and spouting off like you did.

Maybe a more "mature" response would be: Agreed! We are extremely anxious to get into our more challenging schedule to see what we really have. Tonight will be a good test again Notre Dame. Go Panthers! -- Every opinion that doesn't match yours Nine20four doesn't have to result in you attacking them.

Just an opinion - just because a school is larger doesn't mean they are competitive. Anxious to see how you fair against Gallia Academy...hear they have an excellent thrower.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Historically speakin would you not agree that Clay has one of the best softball programs in Scioto County at their level and has played well at the state level?

Since you are a softball expert and said yes to my question..... I'd wonder why you would diss the team with that remark.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I like that schedule for Clay....good non-league coming up!

softball_player
Waterboy

Post by softball_player »

I'm not saying Clay is not a good ball team. They obviously are and have been for years. What I'm saying is that, with the obvious amount of talent they have in their arsenal, why wouldn't you schedule some teams that are at the same level in preparation for tournaments? Teams like Gallipolis and Fairfield are not going to prepare you for what lies ahead. Teams such as Valley will, so why not schedule them?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly, West, Wheelersburg, Fairfield, Adena, Warren and Gallipolis are all very good teams for SE D4 Clay to face.

Seven very good out of league games still to play! Valley is one of the best around but 1 games versus them and a few other tough schedules would not be any more helpful than playing what they have remaining. Adena, Gallia Academy and Warren are all 3 very good non-traditional matchups. Excellent scheduling. I'll be surprised if Clay runs through that that gauntlet unscathed. 3 losses is my guess

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

Clay over Symmes Valley 17-2 after jumping out to a 16-1 lead after two. Autumn Griffith with the win and a monster home run. Clay improves to 9-0 and 5-0 in league play.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any update on Gallipolis-Clay? Thanks.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

they play about 3;30-4pm last game of a tri way

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo