HHSSoftball wrote:Lytle (Huntington)
Newland (Paint Valley)
Absolutely

Did the Westfall pitcher graduate?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Top Players in the SE District 2015

Post by ManitouDan »

Yes she did , was told not perusing a college softball career .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Oh....it happens. The amount of time involved can wear on you over years. It gets to be a lot.

I heard during the season this past year that Licking Valley's pitcher (committed to Louisville) wasn't going to play. Might just be hard to get excited when you've won a state championship.

bron99
Riding the Bench

Post by bron99 »

Hands down Michal Cunningham (Burg)...Then directly behind is Morgan Geno (ZT)....then whoever else to finish out the top ten.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Cunningham is the real deal! Kid puts massive amounts of time in to her game.

eagle7
Riding the Bench

Post by eagle7 »

Ironman92 wrote:Geno (Zane Trace)
Sosby (Whiteoak)
Meeks (Alexander)

Who else? (Many more)
Have heard good things about all of these players. Would also add Cunningham (Burg) & Edwards (Eastern).
Also, I was a part of the Jr. High league that had a lot of the TVC teams in it (Eastern, Belpre, Southern, Meigs, Wellston, Alexander, Athens, Trimble, etc.) I was impressed with some of the individual talent that each of these teams had. Eastern & Southern had very well rounded teams. Meigs & Belpre had quite a few good players. Wellston had 2 really nice pitchers. I did not see any of the other teams in the league, but heard they all had at least a couple of good players. I am looking forward to watching these players/teams get better, and help the TVC grow into stronger leagues.

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

surprising that Bri Dawes from Chillicothe hasn't come up before now. She's a lot more than a basketball player. One of the best offensive threats and defensive SS in So. Ohio.

rocket20
Freshman Team

Post by rocket20 »

Hey eagle 7...Wellston had 2 teams in the junior high league...were the pitchers on the same team or was it one from each team...just wondered....I agree some nice freshmen should b coming in...I know eastern, southern and meigs all had nice teams...league should be pretty good for a while to come.

eagle7
Riding the Bench

Post by eagle7 »

rocket20 wrote:Hey eagle 7...Wellston had 2 teams in the junior high league...were the pitchers on the same team or was it one from each team...just wondered....I agree some nice freshmen should b coming in...I know eastern, southern and meigs all had nice teams...league should be pretty good for a while to come.
Same team.

rocket20
Freshman Team

Post by rocket20 »

Oh..lol..I'm not.going to lie..my daughter pitched for one of the wellston teams...I was just trying to b a proud dad..ha ha...but I don't think you were talking about our team...I do know there are some really good young players coming into the league the next couple years...should be fun to watch....

eagle7
Riding the Bench

Post by eagle7 »

rocket20 wrote:Oh..lol..I'm not.going to lie..my daughter pitched for one of the wellston teams...I was just trying to b a proud dad..ha ha...but I don't think you were talking about our team...I do know there are some really good young players coming into the league the next couple years...should be fun to watch....
We just played what was on the schedule as "Wellston A". We were lucky enough to to squeak by 2 wins. Those two were by a lot the best pitchers we saw all year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ttt

Any freshman we should know about?

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

Cunningham & Wheelersburg will be solid. They have a nice young pitcher coming up. Claxon, not sure if she is a Fr. or just in the 8th grade ?

Alexander will be more solid this year. Meeks has alot of TB time, her & this Sparty TVC team will be hard to beat.

Athens could be good if coaching is there !

Miami Trace ? Westfall ?

Geno @ ZT & Sosby @ WOak, both great players, but do they have enough good players around them.

Logan/Warren/Jackson, could be a good dog fight to see who takes the SEOAL. Even though there is only 5 teams trying to win the prize. No standout players but very balanced players. Williams @ Ports. is very good.

Wellston has some good talent, but will they adapt as well with new coach since R. Purdue retired ? They will be loaded with some nice pitching for the next few years.

Minford could surprise people !

Rock Hill has some nice talent.

If the weather does not change, these good pitchers might need to learn how to throw snowballs ! Bring on the spring !

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Grace Edwards and Sydney Cook Reedsville Eastern

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Kacee Jenkins and Sam Humphreys of Jackson are both signed to play at the next level. Jenkins at Rio and Sam to a school in Wisconsin

Kroeter
Riding the Bench

Post by Kroeter »

Oh....it happens. The amount of time involved can wear on you over years. It gets to be a lot.

I heard during the season this past year that Licking Valley's pitcher (committed to Louisville) wasn't going to play. Might just be hard to get excited when you've won a state championship.
Ironman92
SEOP LEG

Licking Valley's Shelby McCombs graduated from HS this past January, 5 Months early. She reported to Louisville in time to make their Feb trip to Vegas. She got the ball opening day and got the Win AND the Save, yes....the Win AND the Save. She is currently 4-1 on the mound and having a stellar Frosh year so far for the Lady Cards, even though it is a year early. Great HS Career and looks like her college career is starting the same way

Return to “Softball”