What's wrong with this board?

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

What's wrong with this board?

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Just shows you how out of whack things are when there are no discussions of high school teams on the front page of this board. Just flipping travel ball. No wonder high school sports for girls are so jacked up

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
ManitouDan2
SE

Re: What's wrong with this board?

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Yes but very few of those have replies. The Jr high thread has 130 plus comments , the HS thread has near 40 .. those two do generate more interest And discussion than all the others . But I agree , I wish more people from all over would feel free to talk about their teams . Lots of great players out there.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I'm high on a freshman friend of mine at Jackson, big hitter and I hope has a great year up there . How does Jackson look this year ?

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

Not too informed about Jackson, other than this will be the last year for SEOAL. I was told that all three teams that are left in the league decided to play each other 3 x's. From some rumbles, they are telling me that Logan 1st, Warren 2nd, with Jackson 3rd. The big question is what team has enough arms to get through the season. I did get to see Jackson at Athens in the district last year against Fairfield Union. FU won the game 1-0. Jackson only had 2 hits in the game so they could use some hitting punch. Jackson will be in a new league next year (2018) and will have to measure up against the likes of Miami Trace, Washington CH, Greenfield McClain, Chillicothe, and Hillsboro. Anyone at Jackson got the good scoop ? What position does the FR. Big Hitter play?

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

What is in store for the TVC, How will Meigs, Alexander, Athens, and Wellston fair ?

Can anyone beat Wheelersburg in the South ?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I cant see anyone beating Burg down here . Too deep , Too experienced , well coached , just too good .

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

sent you a message BTL .

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

As MD said, burg is just too deep and will probably sweep the soc again. I do think there will be a swing of power in the next couple years. Burg will still be a force to reckon with, but I don't see them being the dominant force they are now. I look for Burg, OHill, Minford, and NW being close to the same level in about 2 years. There's a few high level freshman that will be making their HS debuts this year, and will definitely impact their schools programs. Ironton will probably see one of the biggest jumps this year talent wise, that freshman class is loaded pretty good.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

How about Portsmouth Clay in your area ? I've heard some good things about them, What are they Div 4 ?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

D4 is far deeper than most years in the district . Makayla Newland ( akron commit ) throws for Paint Valley . Soph Katie White leads defending district champ Leesburg Fairfield , Clay returns nearly the whole team from a district semifinalist , Notre Dame has a lot back plus some good freshman , So D4 is strong this season.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Another year of playing for second place in the SOC. If you coach a local HS softball team it has to drive you crazy. The idea of next man ( or woman) up seems to take place in the Burg.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who is the big time freshman for Jackson? A Humphreys by chance?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Sent you a pm Ironman .

Return to “Softball”