Jackson @ Warren -- SAT. DBL Header -- SEOAL TITLE

old-timer
Freshman Team

Jackson @ Warren -- SAT. DBL Header -- SEOAL TITLE

Post by old-timer »

Jackson Softball team is scheduled to travel to Warren for a Saturday League Doubleheader.... I believe this will have the League Title on the line... Jackson Ironladies currently have an 8-0 league record (with only Warren to play twice). Warren, I believe, has a 6-1 record with Jackson 2 games and I believe Portsmouth 1 game @ Warren.

Oh, by the way, you are seeing this correct ---- JACKSON HAS GIVEN UP A HOME LEAGUE GAME THAT COULD DECIDE A LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP, TO GO PLAY A DOUBLEHEADER on a Saturday when JACKSON WILL BE SHORT HANDED due to player or players being out of state for the weekend. You see JACKSON coaching staff was told, "You don't have any doubleheaders on Saturdays this year because schools don't want to play doubleheaders since went to 27 games on 27 days."

Hey Girls, make your plans on the weekends, because we won't play then. NOW we agree to doubleheader on a SATURDAY when player is in Tennessee for her sister's College Graduation.. Thanks for the consideration of scheduling...

SORRY BURNS MY BACKSIDE!!! :evil:

JUST PLAY BALL!!!!

WHO else would give up a home game in that situation????

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson @ Warren -- SAT. DBL Header -- SEOAL TITLE

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson is 6-0 in league play.
Warren is 4-1?

Ryan Lemley
Waterboy

Post by Ryan Lemley »

We, here at Warren, appreciate Jackson's willingness to work with us during this difficult time as we mourn the loss of a student. This cooperation is why the SEOAL is such a great conference. Big thank you to the Jackson administration and coaches.

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

old-timer: You have a PM

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

PLEASE UNDERSTAND, my above comments and statements were not intended IN ANYWAY towards members of Warren Local staff, coaches, nor players. My deepest and most sincere condolences go out to the Warren students and community. My statement was expressing the disappointment that we (softball staff) was not asked about how the Saturday games effect ourselves or if we could play... We were told this is when you are playing. No questions about our girls that have other school functions they have to attend because their was no game for that day, nor a player out of state for sister's college graduation because nothing will be scheduled on that day...

The deepest regards to the Warren players and coaches, extremely sorry for your loss.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

Sorry to hear about the loss of a young lady. But what does this have to do with the Ironladies having to play a double header at Warren to get the league championship? Can WArren not travel????????

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

First sectional game is not until May 14th. Plenty of time to get two games in before then, maybe one Tuesday and one Thursday.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Absolutely. There is no logical reason for jackson to play 2 games AT Warren. Warren is a tough team regardless but why deal yourself a short hand by playing both games down there with the league title on the line. Normally I agree with the administration of jackson but this time I am strongly disagreeing. Why can't jackson play at Warren Saturday and have Warren come up here next week for a game. I mean is this rocket science or does anyone else think this would be a logical decision? If this would be another sport ex. Football, if you're going into week 10 with the league title on the line and you're playing Gallipolis @ Alumni. Stadium and say our field is flooded or some disaster happens, would our administration agree to play for a league title AT gallia instead? I don't hardly think so.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

To be honest we are just as shocked as you guys. My only thought is that with the Sectional seedings May 4th, they wanted to get both games in. That is my only explanation.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

warrior90 wrote:To be honest we are just as shocked as you guys. My only thought is that with the Sectional seedings May 4th, they wanted to get both games in. That is my only explanation.
How is the field warrior90? RF a little damp?

Should be a lot of fun and a bunch of good softball tomorrow!

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

What time do these games start? Who bats last in the first game? In the 2nd game?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1:00 for 1st game and assume Warren is the home team the first game.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

CF and rf a little wet but otherwise in good condition.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

1pm!!!! I was hoping for noon, as this mornings Marietta times I now see shows. Noon fits better with the weather and my schedule for today. Now I have conflicting opinions. Disappointingly, I more believe I92. Can someone please confirm?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

When the DH was set it was for 12:00 and 3:00.......not sure why but first game moved to 1:00. See you there.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

correct 1 pm

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

What a set of games! Congratulations Jackson!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Warren 6-2 Game 1

Game 2......Warren led 4-0 thru 4

Jackson won 5-4 on a bang bang play at first with Warren runners on 2nd and 3rd in the bottom of 7

Jackson Ironladies 2014 SEOAL Champions

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Two very good games, two very good teams. Both pitchers will need to ice down tonight for sure. Also remember that last years SEOAL champ was not the district champ, maybe we can return the favor this year!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

warrior90 wrote:Two very good games, two very good teams. Both pitchers will need to ice down tonight for sure. Also remember that last years SEOAL champ was not the district champ, maybe we can return the favor this year!!!
Yeah.....I kind of remember it. Won the district championship, watched my daughter collect her district championship medal, race home while daughter changes in car....then walks out to graduation to give her valedictorian speech. Probably as proud as a Dad can be that day.....if we are both fortunate enough to meet again it's safe to say everyone knows what's on the line.

I wish Warren the best of luck the rest of the way!

Return to “Softball”