travel VS non travel softball threads ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

travel VS non travel softball threads ?

Post by ManitouDan »

Personally I like ALL the softball information being under one topic head , instead of it being listed as part of aau basketball. I never remember to go that forum and IMO lowers the amount of information being shared here on SEOP's . HS is 4 months a year . Travel is near year round . Could we just leave all the softball info in the softball forum instead of splitting it up ? Yes the " in search of players " gets old every july/august but it beats the forum being totally dead . Agree or disagree ?

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: travel VS non travel softball threads ?

Post by Xtoxxviii »

I like keeping this forum high school only.

I don't like the clutter of the travel ball recruitment threads.
Just like some don't like sorting through the information on this sites AAU/club/Travel forum for their particular sports information.
Some of us don't like sorting through the daddy ball recruitment post for "High School Softball Information"

One can always go to the OFC site to get their fill of Travel Ball information:
Like who has a bat roller
Who is taking over the fence home runs away from 12u players ect.........

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

It certainly won't be cluttered. No travel ball stuff you might as well shut this forum down for 9 months of the year. You'll have more people arguing about whether to have have travel ball stuff on here than you will have chatter about highschool softball.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

fbnut wrote:It certainly won't be cluttered. No travel ball stuff you might as well shut this forum down for 9 months of the year. You'll have more people arguing about whether to have have travel ball stuff on here than you will have chatter about highschool softball.
That's part of the reason that teams in SEO lag behind, Softball is only thought about in the spring while other teams are doing individual workouts year round. As far as the separation, I don't want to have to go to the hardware store and wade through a bunch of groceries looking for hardware. There is a place for everything and everything in its place. If the HS section is dead for 9 months, then so be it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If you notice, the topics that are simply locked and not deleted had multiple responses. The deleted topics were all for "in search for" posts that the only responses were by the original poster to bump the thread. So, if that means this forum was active by having 10-15 topics with no responses, then so be it.

I have little issue with travel ball post, IF, they are about high school aged student athletes. No reason at all to have topics on a high school forum about a U8 team needing an ace pitcher.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Could we make a section dedicated to travel softball ? give it its own header instead of AAU ? On my computer when viewing the forums , all you see is AAU/tr or something like that . You wouldnt even think travel softball would be there . Like fbnut said , you want to totally kill the softball chatter and further diminish the SEOP website then keep pushing the travel ball folks to the side . You are going to end up with a dead forum if thats your desire .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Just because no on responds in public doesnt mean private messages are not being sent . Or text .

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

danicalifornia wrote:If you notice, the topics that are simply locked and not deleted had multiple responses. The deleted topics were all for "in search for" posts that the only responses were by the original poster to bump the thread. So, if that means this forum was active by having 10-15 topics with no responses, then so be it.

I have little issue with travel ball post, IF, they are about high school aged student athletes. No reason at all to have topics on a high school forum about a U8 team needing an ace pitcher.
See I learned something right there, I always thought it was 8U, and I didn't think girls started pitching until 9U.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Gopher_the_K wrote:
fbnut wrote:It certainly won't be cluttered. No travel ball stuff you might as well shut this forum down for 9 months of the year. You'll have more people arguing about whether to have have travel ball stuff on here than you will have chatter about highschool softball.
That's part of the reason that teams in SEO lag behind, Softball is only thought about in the spring while other teams are doing individual workouts year round. As far as the separation, I don't want to have to go to the hardware store and wade through a bunch of groceries looking for hardware. There is a place for everything and everything in its place. If the HS section is dead for 9 months, then so be it.
See that's where everyone is different. I prefer a one stop that has everything.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ALL softball is good . Lil League , 12u , HS , 16u Gold . And since the traffic on here is not exactly overwhelming why not put all the info together where you dont have to go looking in separate sections for softball info ? Could it be a bias against travel baller's ? There seems to be some pot shots taken at travel ballers on here by the guy making the decisions . and FWIW --- SOKKER , or commie kickball as some call it puts the U before the age , not in fastpitch .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Was it really necessary to bump travel threads from Dec 2014 to the top to make a point ?

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

Much Ado About Nothing
Someone get a bug up their butt about travel softball ? Because if you notice threads from Jr-hi, club, youth are posted in other sports ???

By the way I was told a new Forum site is coming soon ! "SEOSportsReport". It will cover all sports. Projection start up after 1st the year 2016.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

Wah. This forum is for high school sports, not kiddy/daddy ball. Go build your new site and have a dozen members, I'm sure it will work well. :122248

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ManitouDan wrote:Was it really necessary to bump travel threads from Dec 2014 to the top to make a point ?
Hah now that's funny. I thought the only one that had it out for travel ball was the head of our little league region. Like I said more traffic on this one topic than on high school softball in the last 3 months

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

FrenchtownFan wrote:Wah. This forum is for high school sports, not kiddy/daddy ball. Go build your new site and have a dozen members, I'm sure it will work well. :122248
I have nothing to do with the new site nor do I have any kids in any form of travel sports ! I do officiate and umpire high school and travel sports along with league sports. Youth leagues and travel teams both helps high school teams. And as far as daddy ball, I've seen high school dad's and mom's have their nose so far up the coaches butt that they would smother if he slammed on his brakes...

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Frenchie if a travel forum had a dozen members that loved softball, that would be better than a HS forum with no one . congrats on your first post ever in this forum not making much sense . And I'd be careful picking on those dads , their kids are usually the best player on the team !

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

My last post on this subject: Everything will go back to norm now, no more travel posts on HS Softball thread, or at least until next year from August to October when travel tryouts usually happen. It has no effect if I sleep at night or don't, even though one thing might be out of place or order and the world ends.... I usually just skip what doesn't appeal to me, like the threads with all that Dungeon & Dragon jargon with fairy's BS, and read the ones that do appeal. Gee, I didn't even have to step out of the box from the norm to do that... By the way I see Jackson High School is putting on their annual Apple Festival volleyball tour. tomorrow at 10pm, should be some good action. Oops I'm in the wrong thread... I'm going to get booted or bumpedddddddd !!!!!

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

I would rather have all softball related posts together.

Rienzi
Waterboy

Post by Rienzi »

I think any discussion on softball is a good thing. I would say leave it alone. Its allows softball lovers to see all ages and what is going on around our area.

Return to “Softball”