High School

JTEK
All State

Re: High School

Post by JTEK »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 pm but our bench is more talented than anyone elses starting lineup
The gap has narrowed

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Just my opinion but experience at the HS level is overrated . At 14u travel ball these kids that play for the best travel teams are seeing better pitching in the summer at 13-14u than what they see in HS ( at least on a consistent level) . The pitching overall in SEO is just not so good . A few dandies , very many that just pitch 4-5 months a year and throw because no one else is available .

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

My daughter improved each year in high school.
Played mid level travel ball
Hard to replace the kids the burg has lost the last 2 years

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

It is awfully quiet considering we're just a couple weeks or so from practices kicking off.

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:19 pm Just my opinion but experience at the HS level is overrated . At 14u travel ball these kids that play for the best travel teams are seeing better pitching in the summer at 13-14u than what they see in HS ( at least on a consistent level) . The pitching overall in SEO is just not so good . A few dandies , very many that just pitch 4-5 months a year and throw because no one else is available .
So was burg overrated? What 13-14 year olds are facing better players and pitching than they would face when they play our varsity team? My guess is no one.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Does an angel get it's wings every time Burg brags on itself?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:58 pm
ManitouDan2 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:19 pm Just my opinion but experience at the HS level is overrated . At 14u travel ball these kids that play for the best travel teams are seeing better pitching in the summer at 13-14u than what they see in HS ( at least on a consistent level) . The pitching overall in SEO is just not so good . A few dandies , very many that just pitch 4-5 months a year and throw because no one else is available .
So was burg overrated? What 13-14 year olds are facing better players and pitching than they would face when they play our varsity team? My guess is no one.
I'm not sure why you are asking me if Burg was over rated ,( I certainly didn't intend for it to read that way ) I was actually referring to at least one Burg youngster , probably two , who at the 14u level def saw better pitching than what they will see from 90% of the SOC , if you play for the lasers or outlaws at 14u you see great pitching most games . Outlaws # 1 already verbally committed to Ohio State . Few others already committed to D1 college programs .

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

exactly. i was saying no one outside of burg plays at that level and we have several.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Ok , we are on the same page , but there is a LOT of good players in the SOC this year , NW has 2 kids with high level experience , Oak Hill has a couple, Minford has several , should make for a more balanced , competitive conference .The young pitcher at Minford looked great this fall with her travel team . Going to be a good year. Burg still king til someone steps up . Edit : Forgot to mention Waverly should be up this year as well compared to previous years .
Last edited by ManitouDan2 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

AIM
Waterboy

Post by AIM »

ColdHardTruth,

I think you must be right!!! :lol: I think I hear them singing!!

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Honestly, who can compete with the scioto county all stars anyways? They are the best in every sport and they SHOULD be for obvious reasons. But to say there's no talent anywhere else is just ignorant.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Browns30 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:07 pm Honestly, who can compete with the scioto county all stars anyways? They are the best in every sport and they SHOULD be for obvious reasons. But to say there's no talent anywhere else is just ignorant.
Just out of curiosity why do you think parents decide to bring there children into the burg school system?

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Oh I don't know, since it obviously isn't sports...marching band?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Browns30 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 pm Oh I don't know, since it obviously isn't sports...marching band?
Every school has sports

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Browns30 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:07 pm Honestly, who can compete with the scioto county all stars anyways? They are the best in every sport and they SHOULD be for obvious reasons. But to say there's no talent anywhere else is just ignorant.
Kind of like oak hill basketball but hey the burg proved last night that sometimes you can beat those all star teams

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

No, two all star teams played each other last night and burg won.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I'm not knocking Burg. Congratulations to them on having a program that draws people in like they do.
I think a lot of programs could learn from Burgs model to success.
The sad thing is people would rather jump on their coat tails and ride their success rather than getting involved with their own programs and making them better.

You look at some of the programs that have made strides around here in the last couple years. They will tell you they are copying what they have seen Burg do.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

The burg doesn’t excell because of transfers. They get the transfers because they excell.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

JTEK wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:38 pm The burg doesn’t excell because of transfers. They get the transfers because they excell.
Did you go to "the burg"? If so, your lack of spelling makes me question their academics. That's why kids transfer in, right? Academic reasons only. I'm not knocking on Burg either. If I lived in Scioto county, I guarantee my kid would go there. But my point is, stop bragging because you are expected to be the best anyways. No one is going to be surprised when you win.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Browns30 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 pm
JTEK wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:38 pm The burg doesn’t excell because of transfers. They get the transfers because they excell.
Did you go to "the burg"? If so, your lack of spelling makes me question their academics. That's why kids transfer in, right? Academic reasons only. I'm not knocking on Burg either. If I lived in Scioto county, I guarantee my kid would go there. But my point is, stop bragging because you are expected to be the best anyways. No one is going to be surprised when you win.
Excel :lol: feel better now
Who is bragging? You were the one that insinuated the burgs only good because they get transfers. I just disagreed with you. Apologies in advance for any misspelling :roll:

Return to “Softball”