2018 SVC

TheRemedy324
Waterboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:03 am

2018 SVC

Post by TheRemedy324 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:08 am

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the SVC this year?



bman
SE
Posts: 2179
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: SVC

Post by bman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:48 am

Westfall wins it.

Dadof28
Waterboy
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: SVC

Post by Dadof28 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:54 am

i think the streaks got a chance

ScottSmith
Waterboy
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: SVC

Post by ScottSmith » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:31 pm

WF, Unioto and Piketon should all be in the mix. Anxious to see how the Streaks look after losing several key players from last year's regional team

Fireball8
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: SVC

Post by Fireball8 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 pm

It will be interesting.

se-alum
Varsity
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: SVC

Post by se-alum » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:19 am

Adena will be much improved, they'll be capable of pulling some upsets. They won't compete for a title, but the program has come along way.

SVC softball, as a whole, is on the verge of being a very good league. There's gonna be a lot of young talent in the league in the next 2 or 3 years.

TheU
Waterboy
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: SVC

Post by TheU » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Unioto is young, but will hold their own.

The Tankster
Waterboy
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:42 am

Re: SVC

Post by The Tankster » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:23 pm

se-alum wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:19 am
Adena will be much improved, they'll be capable of pulling some upsets. They won't compete for a title, but the program has come along way.

SVC softball, as a whole, is on the verge of being a very good league. There's gonna be a lot of young talent in the league in the next 2 or 3 years.
Who will be the better teams with young talent in the next 2-3 years?

se-alum
Varsity
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: SVC

Post by se-alum » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 pm

The Tankster wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:23 pm
se-alum wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:19 am
Adena will be much improved, they'll be capable of pulling some upsets. They won't compete for a title, but the program has come along way.

SVC softball, as a whole, is on the verge of being a very good league. There's gonna be a lot of young talent in the league in the next 2 or 3 years.
Who will be the better teams with young talent in the next 2-3 years?
SE, Adena, Huntington, and ZT will all be better programs in the next few years.

TheU
Waterboy
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: SVC

Post by TheU » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:29 pm

:lol:
bman wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:48 am
Westfall wins it.

se-alum
Varsity
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: SVC

Post by se-alum » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:53 am

Why isn't Campbell playing for Unioto this year? Focusing on soccer or the coaching situation?

Fireball8
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: SVC

Post by Fireball8 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:20 pm

3/26/18 Unioto over Hillsboro 15-0

TheU
Waterboy
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: SVC

Post by TheU » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:59 pm

se-alum wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:53 am
Why isn't Campbell playing for Unioto this year? Focusing on soccer or the coaching situation?
The new coach at Unioto has never met Campbell... must be soccer.

se-alum
Varsity
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: SVC

Post by se-alum » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:52 am

Keep an eye on Kylee Kellough on the mound for Huntington. She's going to be a good one.

Daryl Dixon
Waterboy
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Re: SVC

Post by Daryl Dixon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:18 pm

chillicothe beating Unioto 14-6 is a surprise.

Chillicothe plays a few SVC teams this year.
It will be interesting to see how they do against
The rest of the league.

SVC
Waterboy
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:36 pm

Re: SVC

Post by SVC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Daryl Dixon wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:18 pm
chillicothe beating Unioto 14-6 is a surprise.

Chillicothe plays a few SVC teams this year.
It will be interesting to see how they do against
The rest of the league.
I'm not sure why that is a surprise. Unioto is down 2 of their best players from last year and Chillicothe always has good athletes. They small-balled Unioto out of the park. Chillicothe doesn't have a dominant pitcher, but they can score and have above average D. I have a feeling that Unioto will have more games like the Chillicothe one.

Fireball8
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: SVC

Post by Fireball8 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:27 pm

Unioto over VC 12-4 final

Fireball8
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: SVC

Post by Fireball8 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:06 pm

Unioto over Adena 11-5

ScottSmith
Waterboy
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: SVC

Post by ScottSmith » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:50 pm

Piketon over PV 12-3

TheU
Waterboy
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: SVC

Post by TheU » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:12 am

SVC wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:03 pm
Daryl Dixon wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:18 pm
chillicothe beating Unioto 14-6 is a surprise.

Chillicothe plays a few SVC teams this year.
It will be interesting to see how they do against
The rest of the league.
I'm not sure why that is a surprise. Unioto is down 2 of their best players from last year and Chillicothe always has good athletes. They small-balled Unioto out of the park. Chillicothe doesn't have a dominant pitcher, but they can score and have above average D. I have a feeling that Unioto will have more games like the Chillicothe one.
Unioto beat themselves, had eight errors and would have won without the errors/6 pass balls. :lol: Unioto is young, but can still beat anyone in the SVC. Don't let the Chillicothe game fool you!

Fireball8
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: SVC

Post by Fireball8 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Huntington over Unioto 7-5

H- scores 6 runs in the 3rd.

bman
SE
Posts: 2179
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: SVC

Post by bman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:10 pm

TheU wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:29 pm
:lol:
bman wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:48 am
Westfall wins it.
You may want to reconsider such pronouncements.

se-alum
Varsity
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: SVC

Post by se-alum » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:53 am

se-alum wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 pm
The Tankster wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:23 pm
se-alum wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:19 am
Adena will be much improved, they'll be capable of pulling some upsets. They won't compete for a title, but the program has come along way.

SVC softball, as a whole, is on the verge of being a very good league. There's gonna be a lot of young talent in the league in the next 2 or 3 years.
Who will be the better teams with young talent in the next 2-3 years?
SE, Adena, Huntington, and ZT will all be better programs in the next few years.
Looks like Huntington may already be there.

beaverlover
S
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Beaver

Re: SVC

Post by beaverlover » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Huntington arrived as a contender this week IMO,2 wins Saturday over a solid Lynchburg team and there huge win over Unioto last night.. Great pitcher and very good middle of the order hitters. Huntington will be in svc race and D3 contender for at least next 4 years.

Fireball8
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: SVC

Post by Fireball8 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:39 pm

Huntington has a nice team. They beat Unioto on one inning. (Which is all it takes in Softball/baseball)

Kellough girl is a player. Hats off to the team.

Unioto did not give up and chipped away at the score but came up short. They are young and showed grit. Huntington’s runs in the 3rd was their only offensive threat.

It was a fun game to watch.

Post Reply