Scrimmages?

Browns30
JV Team

Scrimmages?

Post by Browns30 »

Varsity scrimmages, do you play to win just like a regular season game or let everyone (including JV) play?

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Re: Scrimmages?

Post by captainmorgan_ »

play to win. scrimmags are to get your team ready for the season. we play a scrimmge how we will play a regular season game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good time to see things you aren’t sure on. Play 4-5 innings as you figure your players will be...then mix things up and give others some pt.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:27 pm Good time to see things you aren’t sure on. Play 4-5 innings as you figure your players will be...then mix things up and give others some pt.
Agree, varsity 2-3 innings, then mix in reserve players.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Got to have your bench ready , if you dont give them innings during a scrimmage that doesnt even count , when would you get them innings ? In HS you have special events ,illnesses , academic stuff , all sorts of stuff that can cause an absence . Better be ready , and it helps keep bench players engaged . Encourages them to stay focused and involved instead of thinking " Why work , I'm not going to get to play" .

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

we sub in our varsity bench, JV is present at all varsity games but we do not play them in varsity games or scrimmages

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

I think you play a couple innings full go to see how it goes. After that i usually have a good idea if we could win or not and since it didn't count then i start trying things. Maybe i see how someone responds in a position they have been working on in practice, or see if they can grey a timely bunt down in an actual game situation.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

I guess I disagree. My daughter worked her butt off during basketball season and dressed varsity but pretty much played JV only. Didn't expect any varsity time in scrimmages and didn't get it either. So what's the difference?

Return to “Softball”