Fastest Throwing Pitchers

ManitouDan2
SE

Re: Fastest Throwing Pitchers

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Fouts from east carter is consistent game speed mid 60s . I gunned her last year ( or 2 years ago ? ) at Russell HS . 65-66 , sometimes a 67 .. and she’s an SEC verbal .

For comparison sake yesterday I saw an NAIA all American who was pitching for the nationally 4th ranked team out of 230 some NAIA teams . She was 24-0 on the year . Their team has a grad assistant radar every pitch . According to her their number one that threw that game stays at 62-63 . Their number two is a consistent 60 . She is now 20-5 on the year .
Seems to me if you throw mid 60s in the ovc , or the soc or about Any other local d3 conference you would be pretty dominant . That or the defense is near non existent.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Momof4hornets wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 pm
JTEK wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:35 pm The only highschool kid I’ve seen throw consistently in the low to mid 60’s is the young lady at Washington. If Murphy was the young lady pitching on field 1 yesterday against Gahanna she did not appear to be throwing anywhere close to mid 60’s. Didn’t have a gun, just an oppinion
Yes she was the young lady throwing on field one yesterday. And you are right, it is your opinion. I am not saying she doesn't throw slower at times, she does vary her speeds like a lot of other pitchers do in this area, however that was her 4th game pitching this week. Not to make excuses...just letting you know. Does that girl from east Carter (Montana) throw in the mid 60's or was I told wrong about her?
Have not seen fouts at the highschool level. Saw her a few years back in travel ball. Read some articles where she had hit 67 not sure if that was in a game. 6’2” Youngest bama commit ever, 450K’s last year and a top 5 pitcher in class of 18 I tend to believe she is consistently around the mid 60’s

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Ask any parent and they will say their daughter throws 60. It's ridiculous. Just like every baseball pitcher can throw 90. You take it with a grain of salt. There is no need to be so obsessed with speed. I will take 55 with movement and location over 65 any day.

Severino
Waterboy

Post by Severino »

Watched Louisville and Florida State last night on TV, neither pitcher broke 60 on the gun all evening.

Return to “Softball”