Fastest Throwing Pitchers

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Fastest Throwing Pitchers

Post by rxburgfan »

Spence for Pirates throwing well. Good fastball.

Severino
Waterboy

Post by Severino »

Spence completely overwhelmed the Oaks last night, teams play again Monday night at Oak Hill. The young lady from Oak Hill is a nice pitcher as well. Two good teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

My daughter was the winning pitcher in a sectional championship game against a very good Waverly team....she was pitching 25-30 mph, if not slower

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

In almost every case, when I've put the radar gun on pitchers the speed is anywhere from 5 to 15 MPH slower than what has been claimed. The only pitcher in recent years that I've put the radar gun on thats lived up to the hype was Newland from Paint Valley.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:03 pm In almost every case, when I've put the radar gun on pitchers the speed is anywhere from 5 to 15 MPH slower than what has been claimed. The only pitcher in recent years that I've put the radar gun on thats lived up to the hype was Newland from Paint Valley.
You ever do Sosby of Whiteoak or Conkey of Minford? McManaway of Wellston?

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Conkey and McManaway yes, Sosby no. Conkey and McManaway are both solid pitchers.

softballfan
Waterboy

Post by softballfan »

The fastest pitcher I have timed is Conkey at a summer tournament after she graduated high school. She was hitting 62-64. I've probably gone to 100 summer tournaments following my daughter's travel teams. Conkey is the fastest I've seen. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen 60 in a game. I did get the opportunity to meet Taran Alvelo during a training session in Lancaster. Her dad had her throw a few with hardly no warm up and she was hitting 62-63. And that's with her dad telling her to not throw full speed. She's from a different planet though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:42 pm Conkey and McManaway yes, Sosby no. Conkey and McManaway are both solid pitchers.
Well Sosby pitches for Bowling Green so she’s pretty good too.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:03 pm In almost every case, when I've put the radar gun on pitchers the speed is anywhere from 5 to 15 MPH slower than what has been claimed. The only pitcher in recent years that I've put the radar gun on thats lived up to the hype was Newland from Paint Valley.
Sounds like you have friends that are either dads or dumb as heck .. any casual fan that knows an ounce of softball wouldn't be off 5 to 15 MPH .
Interesting comment on Newland . Just my own opinion but Thought she was 2-4 MPH faster as a freshman than as a senior . She was EXPLOSIVE as a freshman. Still dang good for sure , as she aged but I thought she somehow lost some velocity . She was 61-62 at least , prob 63 sometimes as a freshman . I saw her at age 17 in the summer and thought she was 59-60 . Very similar to a girl I watched play 100's of games that went d1 . Totally dominant rise baller as a HS freshman / 14u travel baller ( 360 K as a freshman ) . Was a movement pitcher in college . Didn't throw the rise that much.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Dan you seem to have a lot of thoughts and opinions. Are all these speeds your throwing out there just your thoughts and opinions? Or did you actually put the radar on her each time?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Someone more than 5 mph off really doesn’t know enough to even discuss it. 15 mph off is silly

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

After years of study this is my equation to go by. First off, ask the DAD how fast his pitcher can throw. If she has already committed or a senior just deduct 5mph, if she is a freshman or sophomore and has not committed to a D1 school of DADS choice yet then deduct 10mph. If the DAD just smiles and says I don’t know then that’s the one to watch.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:09 pm Dan you seem to have a lot of thoughts and opinions. Are all these speeds your throwing out there just your thoughts and opinions? Or did you actually put the radar on her each time?
I do have a lot of thoughts and opinions on Softball. I love it , I've pretty much poured myself into the game for approaching 15 years . And at the highest levels the state has to offer . To answer your question , yes I did gun her with the Rays 2 summers ago . Honestly I dont recall the exact results . But having been an opposing coach in the elite 8 game her freshman year in which she beat us 1-0 I'm pretty familiar with her . As far as speeds go , yes , I've gunned every kid I mentioned a speed on in this thread . And its my opinion she didn't throw quite as hard as a Sr as she did as a freshman . Did you see her throw much during that 4 year period ? Maybe you did , if you didn't why are you rambling on about something you dont know about ? And if you did you are more than welcome to post your opinion If you think differently .

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Yes dan I've watched her a lot over the last 4 years. I understand that you are much more informed and knowledgeable about softball than anyone else on this thread so I'm sure there's nothing i or anyone else can say on here that you don't already know so i won't comment anymore on the subject. Thank you dan for enlightening us once again.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Noodle319 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:28 pm After years of study this is my equation to go by. First off, ask the DAD how fast his pitcher can throw. If she has already committed or a senior just deduct 5mph, if she is a freshman or sophomore and has not committed to a D1 school of DADS choice yet then deduct 10mph. If the DAD just smiles and says I don’t know then that’s the one to watch.
Noodle i agree with you 100%

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:35 pm Yes dan I've watched her a lot over the last 4 years. I understand that you are much more informed and knowledgeable about softball than anyone else on this thread so I'm sure there's nothing i or anyone else can say on here that you don't already know so i won't comment anymore on the subject. Thank you dan for enlightening us once again.
Hey - I didnt mean to come across like that . I actually ask for your opinion if you are familiar with her . ( I'm wrong on lots of stuff ) You may see her a lot more than me , so please comment all you like . I'm here to promote the game and share info . Thats it . Sorry your feathers got ruffled . To get back on topic , do you think she threw as hard when she got older as compared to when she was younger ?

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:41 am
VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:35 pm Yes dan I've watched her a lot over the last 4 years. I understand that you are much more informed and knowledgeable about softball than anyone else on this thread so I'm sure there's nothing i or anyone else can say on here that you don't already know so i won't comment anymore on the subject. Thank you dan for enlightening us once again.
Hey - I didnt mean to come across like that . I actually ask for your opinion if you are familiar with her . ( I'm wrong on lots of stuff ) You may see her a lot more than me , so please comment all you like . I'm here to promote the game and share info . Thats it . Sorry your feathers got ruffled . To get back on topic , do you think she threw as hard when she got older as compared to when she was younger ?
I think we just misunderstood each other. Sometimes things come across differently in text than when speaking in person. It's all good.

Momof4hornets
Waterboy

Post by Momof4hornets »

asportsfan wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:51 am Murphy is s good pitcher, but 65? I didn’t see that when she threw in scrimmage this year. I haven’t seen anyone in area throw over 60 consistently. High 50s to 61, but 65 is a reach. Evans is able to hit high 50s as well as Adkins from Oak Hill, both Freshman. I haven’t seen Claxon from Burg throw for a while, but I imagine she is in that group as well.
Kasey consistently throws high 50's- low 60's. She has been clocked throwing A pitch or 2 at 64-65 and this was done in a travel ball tourney at myrtle beach being clocked by the a coach from another team. She hasn't been to a shawnee's winter camp since she was a sophomore....there is a big difference in her pitching between her sophomore year and now. And comparing how she pitches at a scrimmage. I don't see anyone disagreeing with the pitching speeds of any other pitcher but the one mentioned from Lawrence county. Funny thing is...that original post came from someone who is from scioto county and not from Lawrence.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

The only highschool kid I’ve seen throw consistently in the low to mid 60’s is the young lady at Washington. If Murphy was the young lady pitching on field 1 yesterday against Gahanna she did not appear to be throwing anywhere close to mid 60’s. Didn’t have a gun, just an oppinion

Momof4hornets
Waterboy

Post by Momof4hornets »

JTEK wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:35 pm The only highschool kid I’ve seen throw consistently in the low to mid 60’s is the young lady at Washington. If Murphy was the young lady pitching on field 1 yesterday against Gahanna she did not appear to be throwing anywhere close to mid 60’s. Didn’t have a gun, just an oppinion
Yes she was the young lady throwing on field one yesterday. And you are right, it is your opinion. I am not saying she doesn't throw slower at times, she does vary her speeds like a lot of other pitchers do in this area, however that was her 4th game pitching this week. Not to make excuses...just letting you know. Does that girl from east Carter (Montana) throw in the mid 60's or was I told wrong about her?

Return to “Softball”