Gopher
Varsity

Whiteoak taking a new approach

Post by Gopher »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Whiteoak taking a new approach

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak has had some players graduate recently that have gotten the college monies. Kiley Sosby the all-state pitcher from Whiteoak pitches for D1 Bowling Green on a full ride scholarship. Jaycie Parr I believe received college money for the University of Rio Grande.

In nearly the same time frame. Whiteoak has sent Clarissa Johnson to run track or 4 years and XC for 1 and received a good portion tuition scholarship. Taylor Tackett has followed suit as a freshman at Rio next year. Senior Shane Elliot heading to Rio to the Bowling program with likely money to assist tuition. Whiteoak has a few baseball, track, XC kids that will have collegiate opportunities and collegiate monies in the near future. I haven’t honestly seen the softball team in action. It would be great if a few of those girls could get noticed and get the college chances. Having a great season and getting watched in the summer will hopefully give them a chance.

Playing in college isn’t easy. A lot of time and dedication and don’t forget talent!

Stretch
Waterboy

Post by Stretch »

If a first year high school coach can get college coaches to their games during college season, I am sure there are a lot of veteran high school coaches will want to find out his secret.

REMEMBER THE TITANS !
Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:07 pm Whiteoak has had some players graduate recently that have gotten the college monies. Kiley Sosby the all-state pitcher from Whiteoak pitches for D1 Bowling Green on a full ride scholarship. Jaycie Parr I believe received college money for the University of Rio Grande.

In nearly the same time frame. Whiteoak has sent Clarissa Johnson to run track or 4 years and XC for 1 and received a good portion tuition scholarship. Taylor Tackett has followed suit as a freshman at Rio next year. Senior Shane Elliot heading to Rio to the Bowling program with likely money to assist tuition. Whiteoak has a few baseball, track, XC kids that will have collegiate opportunities and collegiate monies in the near future. I haven’t honestly seen the softball team in action. It would be great if a few of those girls could get noticed and get the college chances. Having a great season and getting watched in the summer will hopefully give them a chance.

Playing in college isn’t easy. A lot of time and dedication and don’t forget talent!
College ball is not easy.. Big difference in the work ethic that a college player must adjust to from high school ball.. No matter how talented you were in high school, you have incoming freshmen coming in every year trying to take your spot. You hope your talent keeps getting better, and your experiance over shadows any newcomer coming in. To get the offers a kid must do well in high school, but its mostly travel tournaments and camps were they will be seen..

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Stretch wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:34 pm If a first year high school coach can get college coaches to their games during college season, I am sure there are a lot of veteran high school coaches will want to find out his secret.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Between the Lines wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:44 am
Stretch wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:34 pm If a first year high school coach can get college coaches to their games during college season, I am sure there are a lot of veteran high school coaches will want to find out his secret.
If a coach is a 1st year newbie or a long time vet, if he has a special talented kid, they will come.. You can be a vet coach but if you don't help get the world out to colleges & unv., it will be travel ball that will get them noticed. If word of mouth about a great player gets to a college coach he will often send asst. coaches or visit their self.. Remember college are into their schedule the same time high school ball is going on.. That is why it is very important for high school coaches to contact them, let them know about the player and let them know where they can be seen on the travel trail.. Camps are another great way to be seen..

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

Good post Lines, keep in mind though that camps are fund raisers for the team and most of the looks are going to those players that have been invited unless there is an absolute stand-out. Most coaches are looking at upper Jr. High and the first couple years of H.S. If you are a Jr. or Sr. and haven't already caught their eye, your chances go way down. The recruiting market has gotten all jacked up by colleges making verbal offers 6th & 7th graders playing high levels of travel in the summer, so they all feel like they have to keep looking younger and younger.

KSW
Riding the Bench

Post by KSW »

College coaches as a rule do no go to HS games. Their season is the same time as HS season. Summer ball and camps if you want to be seen by college coaches. I think it is sad but that is just how it works. D1 coaches are recruiting 2021 and 2022 right now, maybe looking for that one player for 2020. There has been a lot of talk about revamping the recruiting rules for softball.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

With the weather, most teams have only had a chance to get in 8-10 games so far. But just curious as to how many have actually seen college coaches lurking around so far?

Return to “Softball”