4/4 Games being played?

asportsfan
Waterboy

Re: 4/4 Games being played?

Post by asportsfan »

se-alum wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:44 am
Browns30 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:42 am
VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:39 am

It was 7-3 Waverly when she came out after 3 innings, after she came out the other 2 pitchers gave up a combined 5 runs in innings 4 through 7. She returned to the mound in the 8th inning.
Honestly I'm surprised they played in that weather. The pitchers
did better than i had anticipated considering how cold it was.
The walk off happened in the bottom of the 7th.
Maybe wouldn't even have been playing that last half inning if OH didn't get jipped out of a run early in the game. On a wild pitch, oak hill steals home, is up easy. Play wasn't even close... the runner actually slid backwards a bit when her metal cleat touched the plate. She heads to the dugout and waverlys coach yells "tag her she didn't touch the plate." Ump calls her out. Sneaky. Wonder how many times they have pulled that one over...
Slid backwards? I'd like to see that.
She was running in and lost footing on plate and her foot slid out from underneath her. She didn’t have to slide. It was an easy score.
Last edited by asportsfan on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Yes, I specially said as her metal cleat touched the plate she slid a bit. You know, like if you are walking and step on slippery surface and almost fall down? My point was, she obviously touched the plate. She didn't need to slide into home. The catcher was still going after the ball as she crossed home plate.

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Northwest over Webster in 6. Was a very cold and windy day on the field, lol

Preppy
Waterboy

Post by Preppy »

I do not have a dog in the fight in the Oak Hill/Waverly game. But can say that I was there and was pretty much right behind the backstop. Looked to me like the runner in the first inning completely missed the plate. But that is just my opinion. I will say that the umpires did not effect the game in any way. Both teams of ladies made mistakes, then made really nice plays to make up for it. Was a very nice game to watch other than the wind which was a killer. Just do not like it when persons try blaming the umpires for an outcome. I have been a high school sport fan for years and years and yes, some umpires may be much better than others, but it is a very rare occasion when any umpire decides a ball game. Let the ladies play and enjoy this time they are having. Once again, just my opinions.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Preppy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:09 pm I do not have a dog in the fight in the Oak Hill/Waverly game. But can say that I was there and was pretty much right behind the backstop. Looked to me like the runner in the first inning completely missed the plate. But that is just my opinion. I will say that the umpires did not effect the game in any way. Both teams of ladies made mistakes, then made really nice plays to make up for it. Was a very nice game to watch other than the wind which was a killer. Just do not like it when persons try blaming the umpires for an outcome. I have been a high school sport fan for years and years and yes, some umpires may be much better than others, but it is a very rare occasion when any umpire decides a ball game. Let the ladies play and enjoy this time they are having. Once again, just my opinions.
I agree 100% preppy. I had a very good view of the play at the plate and the girl missed the plate. It isn't the 1st time and won't be the last. It was a good learning experience for the girl and it didn't end up affecting the outcome of the game! The only thing that affected the outcome was waverly not having all their starters for the game.

asportsfan
Waterboy

Post by asportsfan »

What starters for Waverly didn’t play? I know their main pitcher started. What positions didn’t have the normal starters? Oak Hill is a young, talented team. You have to give credit where credit is due. The better team won last night.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:16 pm
Ryanexpress wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:58 pm Waverly @ Oak Hill is on for tonight.
I hear Waverly has a few starters out with injury for todays game including 2 pitchers but i will still have to take Waverly over the oaks in this one. Pretty sure Waverly only had 1 senior last year and run ruled the oaks both games including an 18-0 score at oak hill last year. Can't imagine that much has changed for the oaks in 1 year.

Villiage Idiot is living up to his/her name. You decide to take Waverly over Oak Hill knowing that Waverly has two starters out ahead of time. Then when Oak Hill wins you use the excuse that Waverly had starters out.

Keep them coming Villiage Idiot. I need a couple laughs each day.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

SOSsoftball, I'm always happy to make others smile :) senior who played shortstop last season was out injured, and so was a senior pitcher. I could be wrong but pretty sure it would make a difference on any team.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:17 am SOSsoftball, I'm always happy to make others smile :) senior who played shortstop last season was out injured, and so was a senior pitcher. I could be wrong but pretty sure it would make a difference on any team.
I understand it would make a difference but before the game you didn't think it would cause you knew they weren't playing and still picked Waverly to win.

The funny part is when they lose you say that is the reason they lost. Made me chuckle.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Last edited by VILLAGE IDIOT on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

I was only 1 play away from picking correctly too. Guess i was waaay off on that prediction.

Return to “Softball”