hawkeyepierce
S

Re: Monday 4/9 Scores

Post by hawkeyepierce »

beaverlover wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:54 pm
Jatt94 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:05 pm
beaverlover wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Jackson's field is a launching pad!
Yes they had 5 HR’s in this game it was played at Court House.
Even more impressive! Jackson pounding the ball this year!
Yes. They have a couple of girls that can pound it...however, their fence is only 190 feet all-the-way around. Therefore, balls that would usually be gappers for a double are going out.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 am
beaverlover wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:54 pm
Jatt94 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Yes they had 5 HR’s in this game it was played at Court House.
Even more impressive! Jackson pounding the ball this year!
Yes. They have a couple of girls that can pound it...however, their fence is only 190 feet all-the-way around. Therefore, balls that would usually be gappers for a double are going out.
I would agree about the 190 ft. field, except why is the visiting teams other than Alexander not hitting home runs at the 190 ft. distance ? Someone from Jackson might want to correct me, but the visiting teams have only hit 5 homers, that is in 4 games played at Jackson. What about the kid from Jackson that lined one out of the Hillsboro 235 ft, fence, what about the 5 home runs that was hit out the Wash. C.H. park ? I believe that field is 200 ft.
How many will be knocked out tonight at Jackson tonight, they beat Miami Trace 11-1 in 5 innings. Whether you like Jackson or not, and most people don't (LOL).. These girls have made a believer out of me, they have more than one or two girls that can hit the ball out. It would be interesting to see what some of the distance to fence at the other SEO parks. we talked about weak pitching, but don't pitchers throw more junk pitches these days ?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I thought Jackson was short, that was until I saw Logan's field, 188ft all the way around.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

For the record, Vinton County is 205 feet all the way around.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson has over 30 homeruns as a team . The state record is 45. They have a chance to break it . For the record they smash em on the road the same as at home. Just a very talented team

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I wonder if any SE District team hit 20 HR in the 90’s lol

Balls fly out of Jackson’s field. Always seemed like a jet stream to RCF (along with a blinding sun to 2nd base, 1st base and RF).....nice hitter’s park. I’ve seen many a fly ball drift over the fence but have also seen some of the longest HR ever at a softball game (one off of my daughter lol)

Take nothing away from the Ironladies...those girls have played a ton of softball and have always been very good. They could make a huge tournament run.

The “soft”balls are way too darn hard. It’s stupid and dangerous. Those pitchers throwing those Titleists to some of the top hitters....flat out scary. $400 bats. It’s too much IMO. I’m glad Kendall Meeks, Kelsey Conkey and Peighton Williams all graduated without seriously hurting someone....especially Meeks, holy hell.

Return to “Softball”