2018 SOC 1

SEOhio
Freshman Team

2018 SOC 1

Post by SEOhio »

Could anyone provide a update of what the standing look like so far in SOC I?

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Re: SOC I Standing

Post by SoftballGirl »

Clay is 8-3 overall and 6-0 in SOC I play.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Eastern 3-4 overall and(2-4) in Soc.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I believe Clay only undefeated,NDame has at least 1 loss in SOC to Symmes Valley. Eastern is 4-4 overall and 3-4 in SOC 1.
Last edited by beaverlover on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woo
Waterboy

Post by Woo »

Clay 10-3 overall
7-0 SOC

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

Clay 11-3 overall
8-0 SOC

Wins include Valley, Piketon, South Webster, Western (2), New Boston (2), East (2), Symmes Valley (2). Losses include Coal Grove, Ironton, Waverly.

Clay SOC 1 Games

3/30 vs Western - W - 10-0
4/2 vs New Boston - W - 11-1
4/4 @ New Boston - W - 14-2
4/5 @ Western - W - 10-0
4/6 vs East - W- 13-0
4/9 @ East - W- 17-0
4/11 vs Symmes Valley - W - 17-9
4/13 @ Symmes Valley - W - 9-1
4/17 vs Eastern
4/18 @ Eastern
4/23 @ Notre Dame
4/24 vs Notre Dame
4/25 vs Green
4/27 @ Green

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

2 big matchups early next week as 1st place Clay 10-0 in SOC vs 1 loss Ndame, these 2 the obvious top 2 teams in league, but this league is unpredictable night in night out...

ND lost to SV,SV lost to Eastern, Eastern lost to Western,SV beat Western,NB beats green, Green beat Western, Eastern beat NB... well,u get the picture 😀

Congrats to Clay on there #4 state ranking in coaches poll! I know ranking doesn't mean a whole lot, but good to see those young ladies getting recognized. Very talented group that Coach Wright does a great job with.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I agree 100% this will be the second year in a row that anything can happen outside of a Clay game in the SOC1.
It may not have the big names like the SOC2 but, outside of a Burg-Minford matchup, night in and out it seems to have the far more unpredictable and entertaining games. Even Symmes Valley vs Green last night was a great game with a HR by SV star Center Fielder slamming the door shut.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

I also complete agree that anyone can win on any given night as long as they aren't playing Clay or ND. I am not sure what happened the night SV beat ND, because I believe that ND is one of the best teams in the league. It is amazing that many, but not all, of the more talented players on these teams are underclassman. Keep the standing coming so we all can keep tabs on the SOC I teams.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:20 am I agree 100% this will be the second year in a row that anything can happen outside of a Clay game in the SOC1.
It may not have the big names like the SOC2 but, outside of a Burg-Minford matchup, night in and out it seems to have the far more unpredictable and entertaining games. Even Symmes Valley vs Green last night was a great game with a HR by SV star Center Fielder slamming the door shut.
Green just couldn't keep up with SV last night in the second part of the double header. They just don't have much pitching which really hurts them. The center fielder for SV is amazing.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

She was everywhere. Several shots legitimately looked to be in gaps just for her to come snatched away. The Green coaches were actually laughing about it and appluading her at one point, she was putting on a outfield clinic. Heard she is a Senior. SV will for sure miss her.

Real Time
Freshman Team

Post by Real Time »

Did Symmes Valley vs ND play twice? if not does anyone know when the 2nd game will be played?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:02 am She was everywhere. Several shots legitimately looked to be in gaps just for her to come snatched away. The Green coaches were actually laughing about it and appluading her at one point, she was putting on a outfield clinic. Heard she is a Senior. SV will for sure miss her.
That the Webb girl ?

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Yes

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Clay won it , did ND hang on to 2nd ? Dont know how many SV lost . SV would have a tie breaker over them if tied .

And I would assume Clay would have the POY ? who are the front runners ?

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

SV dropped one to New Boston and i think Eastern also.

I think ND locked up the 2 and that's impressive considering some of the players they lost and a new coach.

My player if the year in the SOC 1 would have to be the Webb girl for Symmes Valley. She carried them offensively and saved them many a times by not letting anything drop. Id actually like to hear her stats.
Others in the running, Clays Sr pitcher, NDs Schaeffer.
I wish their was a place to compare all their numbers.

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

The bigger cities put out area leaders in the paper. Maybe Daily Times should start doing that. They used to do it for other sports not sure if they still do? I would guess POY would be over .500 in the league?

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

For Clay, Swain, pitcher, has thrown well all year and has had a good year at the plate and should be a top candidate. Two others that have been hitting consistently through the year are Vassar and Bazler. Both should be close to hitting .500 if not over.

Swain SOC I POY.

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

Isn't there a pitcher of the year & a player of the year?

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I checked MaxPreps but could only find stats for a couple schools.

Return to “Softball”