What Senior girls has the most homeruns

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: What Senior girls has the most homeruns

Post by noreply66 »

Seems like the fences are a lot closer these days. Looks like a lot of fences came in from around 250 feet to 200 feet ...........and metal bats.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

noreply66 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:35 am Seems like the fences are a lot closer these days. Looks like a lot of fences came in from around 250 feet to 200 feet ...........and metal bats.
Metal bats have always been used in softball but technology is increasing. People are learning how to change the bat so it has more of a pop to it. You really see a lot of this at travel ball tourneys. I know there is a minimum standard to how far each fence must be and every school should be forced to adjust their fences to that standard. Some of these fences have been up for many many years. If everyone is playing on the same standard then it shouldn’t be a problem or debate. Homeruns is just one stat that can’t be changed by the person doing the stats. Most of the other stats can be changed even after the game has ended since a lot of them do the book in pencil. I hear people say I use an app such as game changer but if the coach is the admin then he/she can also go in and make changes without anyone ever knowing. We like to think everyone is honest but when tempted to make a change for a benefit then it does happen.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

At onetime a lot of softball fields didn't have a fence and the ball would just keep on rolling. I can even remember Athens baseball with no fence, if remembering right the ball could go into a chicken house. Coming out of there with a large egg could make a big difference between a triple and a homerun.

" Anyone have a clean glove"

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If your school played softball before 1970 you used wood bats unless you could find the old 1920s bat that would bend or dent.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

Football players used leather helmets at one time but that’s not the case anymore. Softball doesn’t use wooden bats anymore either.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Better helmets for safety. Was going to metal bat for safety?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bats were awesome 6 years ago too but I told my daughter I wasn’t getting her a $300 bat for her $12 swing 😂. She didn’t hit any home runs but be she had a lot of hits in 4 years off some darn good pitchers tearing it up in college. But with bats of today she still wouldn’t be hitting any home runs. Give the kids some credit.

Return to “Softball”