Jackson Ironladies Softball

Poo Bear
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1951
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Poo Bear » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Jackson belts 3 more homeruns today bringing their season total to 37 in 12 games. The state record is 45 set by LaGrange Keystone in 2012.

Jackson 10
Washington CH 0



Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:25 pm

That record is going down. Ironladies rolling

ManitouDan2
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by ManitouDan2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:08 am

What league does Jackson play in ? and who are the other members ?

i83
Freshman Starter
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:18 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by i83 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:19 am

Fac Chillicothe Miami Trace Hillsboro Greenfield McClain and Washington Courthouse

Softball mom
Waterboy
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Softball mom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:32 pm

How far is your fence? Maybe if everyone shorten their field then maybe there would be lots of teams in the same boat.

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Softball mom wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:32 pm
How far is your fence? Maybe if everyone shorten their field then maybe there would be lots of teams in the same boat.
190 all around.....but also why aren’t teams coming to Jackson hitting HR? Why are the Ironladies mashing balls over the deep fences around the FAC?

Softball mom
Waterboy
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Softball mom » Tue May 01, 2018 6:12 am

I've heard other teams have. Keep patting yourself on the back if that makes you feal better. Never do make up the away games so I'd like to see how that turns out for your home runs.

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:24 am

Softball mom wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 6:12 am
I've heard other teams have. Keep patting yourself on the back if that makes you feal better. Never do make up the away games so I'd like to see how that turns out for your home runs.
It’s been there since 2010 and Jackson has had several very good teams during that stretch. The 2013 team had 7 different players hit home runs for a team that mashed the ball to the regional finals....but I believe only hit 12 or 13 total....just 5 seasons later the fences are the same..but on other side the weather has been atrocious. They have 39. An incredible number however you want to downgrade it. I am no longer associated with the team but do know this team is full of kids that have made a big commitment to softball and their swings since early grade school. Tons of travel, camps and clinics. Several were taking hitting lessons by age 10....but yeah 10 feet is the reason they have 30 more home runs than most teams.

fpcoach
Freshman Backup
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:01 pm

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by fpcoach » Tue May 01, 2018 10:26 am

If the fence is 6ft high at 190 ft, it is projected as 210 ft. From a 4ft high fence at around 200ft, for every added 1ft vertical , adds 10ft in depth.

ManitouDan2
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by ManitouDan2 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:48 am

So sad my friend Kylee Bako got injured last night, she's one of the bashers on this team . Ankle injury sliding into 2B . Wonderful young lady .

juicebox
Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:26 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by juicebox » Tue May 08, 2018 12:21 pm

190 feet is a short field , but jackson always has a excuse and a reason.

SoftballAlways
Waterboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by SoftballAlways » Tue May 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Did Jackson win?

4thgoal
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5822
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:16 pm
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by 4thgoal » Tue May 08, 2018 3:22 pm

SoftballAlways wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:57 pm
Did Jackson win?
They play their first game tomorrow (5/9).

SoftballAlways
Waterboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by SoftballAlways » Tue May 08, 2018 5:45 pm

I thought they played Minford last night

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:54 pm

juicebox wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:21 pm
190 feet is a short field , but jackson always has a excuse and a reason.
Yeah....that’s as far as left field could’ve been put away from home based on the land available. A dumb reason and excuse I know.

juicebox
Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:26 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by juicebox » Fri May 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Again excuses! Also the fence is not six feet tall, anything including umpires for home cooking I guess?

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:54 pm

juicebox wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:18 pm
Again excuses! Also the fence is not six feet tall, anything including umpires for home cooking I guess?
Cries about excuses then mentions getting homered in a tournament game they lost by 19 lol.

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by bman » Sat May 12, 2018 2:52 am

juicebox wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:18 pm
Again excuses! Also the fence is not six feet tall, anything including umpires for home cooking I guess?
I believe both teams get to hit against the same short fence or does it magically move back 20 feet when your team hits? Stop making excuses.

Spartan96
Bench
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Spartan96 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:48 am

So what was Jackson's final tally for the regular season? Does the OHSSA records include post season or just regular season? Jackson is one of the best hitting teams I've seen this yr, No matter what length the fences are. Also seen where the Hammond's girl had 2 grandslams in 1 inning in their sectional championship 😲 Not a bad game young lady LOL. Good luck rest of the season Ironladies represent SEO

ManitouDan2
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by ManitouDan2 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:36 am

lancaster HS playing in a d1 conference busted the record also this season , dont know how many they ended up with .

ManitouDan2
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by ManitouDan2 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:40 am

Max preps which isn't exactly reliable has them with 57 . The year of the dinger I guess .

juicebox
Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:26 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by juicebox » Sat May 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Yes both teams play on the same field , however jackson plays on that field for half of its games. How many of the 57 home runs were hit at their field ? I'm going out on a limb here and say about 70% were hit at their home field, Most other teams hit home runs while visiting there, The team I watched there play jackson hit four in one game jackson hit 5 . Im just saying them hitting 57 home runs ( if that's the case is misleading) Its kinda like golfing from the senior tees. Stands to reason you will be closer to the greens after your drive as opposed to teeing off from the pro tees!

ManitouDan2
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by ManitouDan2 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:27 pm

^ I have no clue what your point is . Cant tell if you are dogging both of them or neither . Are you saying Lancaster has a short fence ?

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:45 pm

juicebox wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:52 pm
Yes both teams play on the same field , however jackson plays on that field for half of its games. How many of the 57 home runs were hit at their field ? I'm going out on a limb here and say about 70% were hit at their home field, Most other teams hit home runs while visiting there, The team I watched there play jackson hit four in one game jackson hit 5 . Im just saying them hitting 57 home runs ( if that's the case is misleading) Its kinda like golfing from the senior tees. Stands to reason you will be closer to the greens after your drive as opposed to teeing off from the pro tees!
I don’t think Jackson has 57 but let’s just use your percentages and say they have 50. 70% at home would be 35 HR and that would leave 30% on the road and 15 road HR. Lol that’s still very very impressive! How many teams have 15 HR on the road this season?

ManitouDan2
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by ManitouDan2 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:16 pm

How many did the Iron Ladies end up with ?

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:21 pm

ManitouDan2 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:16 pm
How many did the Iron Ladies end up with ?
No idea but I guarantee Coach Wolford isn’t preaching to swing for home runs. The Ironladies are playing for a specific cause and I imagine simply trying to hit the ball hard where it is pitched.

juicebox
Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:26 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by juicebox » Sun May 13, 2018 3:04 pm

not digging on any team. Just digging on the unrealistic fans .

mglight88
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by mglight88 » Mon May 14, 2018 4:06 am

Still no report on game with Minford. Would like to know

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:49 am

mglight88 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:06 am
Still no report on game with Minford. Would like to know
You’ve known every Minford softball score the last decade...do you not know this one? I honestly don’t know it either. I think Jackson is 19-3. I know they lost to Circleville 2-1. They lost to Clay by a big score. I’ll assume they lost to Minford since you are so interested. I never heard a score. Regardless, Minford always puts some talented players out there.

Do you have any more rhetorical questions you want answered?

mglight88
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by mglight88 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:36 am

Well unfortunately my work schedule this year has not allowed me to be Minford's scorekeeper. I have only been able to watch a few games😣

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 am

mglight88 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:36 am
Well unfortunately my work schedule this year has not allowed me to be Minford's scorekeeper. I have only been able to watch a few games😣
I’ve sent a couple pm’s asking for the score. Do you by chance know the scores of the OH vs SW games this season?

mglight88
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by mglight88 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:25 am

4-25 Oak Hill over South Webster 10-0
10-26 South Webster over Oak Hill 7-4

Browns30
Freshman Starter
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Browns30 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:45 pm
juicebox wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:52 pm
Yes both teams play on the same field , however jackson plays on that field for half of its games. How many of the 57 home runs were hit at their field ? I'm going out on a limb here and say about 70% were hit at their home field, Most other teams hit home runs while visiting there, The team I watched there play jackson hit four in one game jackson hit 5 . Im just saying them hitting 57 home runs ( if that's the case is misleading) Its kinda like golfing from the senior tees. Stands to reason you will be closer to the greens after your drive as opposed to teeing off from the pro tees!
I don’t think Jackson has 57 but let’s just use your percentages and say they have 50. 70% at home would be 35 HR and that would leave 30% on the road and 15 road HR. Lol that’s still very very impressive! How many teams have 15 HR on the road this season?
Oak Hill had 15 on the road home runs this season.

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by Ironman92 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Browns30 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm
Ironman92 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:45 pm
juicebox wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:52 pm
Yes both teams play on the same field , however jackson plays on that field for half of its games. How many of the 57 home runs were hit at their field ? I'm going out on a limb here and say about 70% were hit at their home field, Most other teams hit home runs while visiting there, The team I watched there play jackson hit four in one game jackson hit 5 . Im just saying them hitting 57 home runs ( if that's the case is misleading) Its kinda like golfing from the senior tees. Stands to reason you will be closer to the greens after your drive as opposed to teeing off from the pro tees!
I don’t think Jackson has 57 but let’s just use your percentages and say they have 50. 70% at home would be 35 HR and that would leave 30% on the road and 15 road HR. Lol that’s still very very impressive! How many teams have 15 HR on the road this season?
Oak Hill had 15 on the road home runs this season.
I would say that is very very good!

mglight88
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Jackson Ironladies Softball

Post by mglight88 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Well, according to Maxpreps. Minford didn't play Jackson this season.

Post Reply