SOC II

Post Reply
Browns30
Freshman Starter
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 am

SOC II

Post by Browns30 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:41 am

Can someone post the complete records and standings in the SOC II?



ManitouDan2
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: SOC II

Post by ManitouDan2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:06 am

Not to steal your thread but would the SOC 2 be considered the best conference in SEO ? Burg , Oak Hill , Minford , Waverly . Pretty good foursome . Little less top heavy than years past but deeper.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Waterboy
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: SOC II

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:59 pm

Yes i think so. Especially after seeing out of conference scores. OVC might be the 2nd best conference. Coal Grove will finish as conference champion and Minford who will probably finish 3rd or 4th in SOC 2 beat C.G. by almost 10 runs.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Waterboy
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: SOC II

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:04 am

Was told Waverly beat #5 ranked Strausburg Franklin and North Canton Hoover at the Ashland,Ohio tournament over the weekend and finished 4th place. Can anyone confirm this?

4thgoal
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5822
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:16 pm
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: SOC II

Post by 4thgoal » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 am

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:04 am
Was told Waverly beat #5 ranked Strausburg Franklin and North Canton Hoover at the Ashland,Ohio tournament over the weekend and finished 4th place. Can anyone confirm this?
Found the results here https://www.thesoftballzone.com/communi ... lts.70342/

6 Waverly v. Strasburg-Franklin 2
5 N. Canton Hoover v. Waverly 0
11 Hillsdale v. Waverly 0

ManitouDan2
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: SOC II

Post by ManitouDan2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 am

Strasburg is a D4 that is ranked every year regardless of how good they are . SUPER program but its small school ball. Waverly as a d2 should handle them. Clay is ranked 4th in the same poll and lost to Ironton , Coal grove and Waverly .

VILLAGE IDIOT
Waterboy
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: SOC II

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:36 pm

4thgoal wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 am
VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:04 am
Was told Waverly beat #5 ranked Strausburg Franklin and North Canton Hoover at the Ashland,Ohio tournament over the weekend and finished 4th place. Can anyone confirm this?
Found the results here https://www.thesoftballzone.com/communi ... lts.70342/

6 Waverly v. Strasburg-Franklin 2
5 N. Canton Hoover v. Waverly 0
11 Hillsdale v. Waverly 0



Thanks for the info 4thgoal.

Proud_Pirate63
Varsity Bench
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:33 am
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: SOC II

Post by Proud_Pirate63 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:00 pm

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:59 pm
Yes i think so. Especially after seeing out of conference scores. OVC might be the 2nd best conference. Coal Grove will finish as conference champion and Minford who will probably finish 3rd or 4th in SOC 2 beat C.G. by almost 10 runs.
The final score was 8-2 in that game. It was 4-2 in the 5th inning until CG starting pitcher left game with an injury.

But yes, I would agree that SOC II is the stronger of two conferences.

Redsfan
Freshman Backup
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 4:21 pm

Re: SOC II

Post by Redsfan » Fri May 04, 2018 1:46 am

Wheelersburg finishes the year as undefeated SOC II Champs for the 5th year in a row. Coach Ruby has yet to lose an SOC game since taking over at The Burg.

SEOhio
Freshman Starter
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 am

Re: SOC II

Post by SEOhio » Fri May 04, 2018 10:04 am

The SOC II is just stronger in all aspects of sports in this area at the current moment. This can always change but the level of competition is just so much better in the SOC.
"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"

Point blank
Bench
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 pm

Re: SOC II

Post by Point blank » Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 pm

My soc 2 team consist of
C- girl from minford
P- 2 from burg, freshman from sw and OH and Waverly ace
1b give me SW number 12 4 hitter sophomore
2b burg freshman
3b OH freshman and burgs 3rd
Ss is a two horse race with best two players around burg and oh one is fresh and one is soph
OF sw has fast CF burg has fast CF both are good

Not sure where wolfennbarker plays but she is tough player and hits well
SOC pOY race 3 players.
1. BOO
2. Brisker
3. Wolfenbarker

linedrive
Freshman Backup
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:03 am

Re: SOC II

Post by linedrive » Sun May 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Definitely can't argue with those 3 and Hughes from Oak Hill. Wolfenbarker also plays SS/2B as anyone of these girls can play anywhere.
Last heard, all 4 of these girls have hit 7-10 HRs each while, I'm assuming, carrying a .500+ avg. Not to mention their RBIs.
Would definitely like to know those #s.
They are definitely gamers.

Softballdad
Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 am

Re: SOC II

Post by Softballdad » Sun May 06, 2018 7:49 pm

The league games is all that should matter for all SOC. Those are the only common opponents. Some schools play a much better non conference schedule playing Valley of Thunder, games up north etc. Some schools play much weaker teams & that would definitely boost there stats. Oak Hill & Burg play a good non conference schedule for sure. Be interesting to see see HRs in the 14 games & batting averages.

linedrive
Freshman Backup
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:03 am

Re: SOC II

Post by linedrive » Sun May 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Totally agree softball dad. As we all know the way it should be and the way that it's done are two different things. Then you have the whole other side of the coin where upperclassmen are awarded strictly because they are upperclassmen versus keeping it simple and going by the numbers and giving these girls what they have earned and worked so hard for.

captainmorgan_
Waterboy
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: SOC II

Post by captainmorgan_ » Mon May 07, 2018 9:31 am

linedrive wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:01 pm
Definitely can't argue with those 3 and Hughes from Oak Hill. Wolfenbarker also plays SS/2B as anyone of these girls can play anywhere.
Last heard, all 4 of these girls have hit 7-10 HRs each while, I'm assuming, carrying a .500+ avg. Not to mention their RBIs.
Would definitely like to know those #s.
They are definitely gamers.
All great players. Always enjoy making it to some of those games. I saw on fb oakhill freshman hughes has 10 HR. Not sure about the others i assumed shes probaby leading the soc in HRs

Softballdad
Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 am

Re: SOC II

Post by Softballdad » Mon May 07, 2018 12:06 pm

10 HRs in the 14 league games?

Browns30
Freshman Starter
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 am

Re: SOC II

Post by Browns30 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:08 pm

??? Lady Oaks non league schedule was tougher than their league schedule.

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: SOC II

Post by Ironman92 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:21 pm

What’s Oak Hill’s record?

Browns30
Freshman Starter
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 am

Re: SOC II

Post by Browns30 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 pm

12-12
Lady Oaks Non league games
Lost two to Gallia Academy (OVC champs)
Lost two to Alexander (TVC champs, I believe?)
Losses to Hilliard Bradley 5-4 and Pickerington North 9-7
Win against Belpre 5-3 and Wahama 18-2
Win @ Wellston 7-4

Ironman92
SEOP HOF
Posts: 14693
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: SOC II

Post by Ironman92 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Browns30 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 pm
12-12
Lady Oaks Non league games
Lost two to Gallia Academy (OVC champs)
Lost two to Alexander (TVC champs, I believe?)
Losses to Hilliard Bradley 5-4 and Pickerington North 9-7
Win against Belpre 5-3 and Wahama 18-2
Win @ Wellston 7-4
Thanks

ManitouDan2
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: SOC II

Post by ManitouDan2 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:15 am

Tip of the hat to Oak Hill for getting 24 games in and playing tough competition -- well done .

Browns30
Freshman Starter
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 am

Re: SOC II

Post by Browns30 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:12 am

Redsfan wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 1:46 am
Wheelersburg finishes the year as undefeated SOC II Champs for the 5th year in a row. Coach Ruby has yet to lose an SOC game since taking over at The Burg.
And you still have so many people who will argue that coaching doesn't matter as long as you have talent :roll:

SEOhio
Freshman Starter
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 am

Re: SOC II

Post by SEOhio » Tue May 08, 2018 11:24 am

Browns30 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 pm
12-12
Lady Oaks Non league games
Lost two to Gallia Academy (OVC champs)
Lost two to Alexander (TVC champs, I believe?)
Losses to Hilliard Bradley 5-4 and Pickerington North 9-7
Win against Belpre 5-3 and Wahama 18-2
Win @ Wellston 7-4
Oak Hill definitely needs to be acknowledged because scheduling Hilliard and Pickerington is a tough road along with a great squad at Alexander and Gallia Academy. They already play in a tough SOC II with Burg, Minford, and Northwest team that are really good. Just shows that the coach and AD are working hard to get better!
"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"

Browns30
Freshman Starter
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 am

Re: SOC II

Post by Browns30 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 am

Trust me, the AD doesn't care about softball. The parents were the ones who pushed for that schedule.

SEOhio
Freshman Starter
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 am

Re: SOC II

Post by SEOhio » Thu May 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Browns30 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 am
Trust me, the AD doesn't care about softball. The parents were the ones who pushed for that schedule.
What about the coach?
"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"

Post Reply