2018 SOC 2

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC II

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Severino wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:02 am Burg #2 maybe the best pitcher in the league, she dominated the Oaks, if she works at it could be a D1 prospect by the time she is a senior. Burg is for real folks, looking forward to the Monday game at the Oaks. The Burg, Waverly, Minford and the Oaks are all quality teams. The league champ could wind up with 2-3 losses.
I agree severino. SOC is loaded with talent this year, and i can see all the teams mentioned above making deep tournament runs. Playing each other will have us ready when tournament time rolls around.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Competition is tough in soc this year, league title is up for grabbs,and top 4 teams all appear to be evenly matched. Time to find out who wants it more! Lets go Tigers!!!

BigBlueFan73
Waterboy

Post by BigBlueFan73 »

Blazeofglory wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:45 pm Does anyone know the outcome of last Saturday's Double header oak hill had with Gallia Academy?
GA took 2 from the Lady Oaks...

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Gotta at least split with SOC teams. Lady oaks losing two to Pirates makes it tough. Now you have to roots for others to beat the Pirates and that’s not fun position to be in.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Burg puts pressure on Minford to win Friday. SOC pretty much decided by this game. Burg wins they should be champs. Minford wins they will need help from others.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Tough week for Lady Falcons. Three losses in a row and face the Pirates on Friday. Burg pretty much locks the SOC with a win against Waverly in either of their two games.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Noodle319 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:29 pm Minford
Burg
Oak Hill
Waverly
North west
Ports west
Valley
South Webster

It will come down to the Burg vs Minford games. My opinion is this is Minfords year.

Oak Hill will be crazy young, 1 junior, 6 sophomores and 9 freshman. They are young but very talented and can beat anybody on a given night but probably a year away from talking title.
Stay in school noodle. Sports betting not a bright future.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

rxburgfan wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:36 pm
Burg
Oak Hill
Waverly
North west
Ports west
Valley
South Webster

It will come down to the Burg vs Minford games. My opinion is this is Minfords year.

Oak Hill will be crazy young, 1 junior, 6 sophomores and 9 freshman. They are young but very talented and can beat anybody on a given night but probably a year away from talking title.
I’m still good to break even, got the Reds winning World Series

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Noodle319 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:00 pm
rxburgfan wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:36 pm
Burg
Oak Hill
Waverly
North west
Ports west
Valley
South Webster

I’m still good to break even, got the Reds winning World Series
Now that’s funny stuff right there....

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Whats up with Waverly ? D1 pitcher , lots of talent I hear , barely escapes South Webster 3-2 ? Maybe just a game where they didn't hit well . And Minford losing to Russell, Burg and Oak Hill this week . The depth of the conference is showing , Oaks are on the move . Brisker and Hughes are fantastic players .

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Anyone have standings and records?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:14 am Whats up with Waverly ? D1 pitcher , lots of talent I hear , barely escapes South Webster 3-2 ? Maybe just a game where they didn't hit well . And Minford losing to Russell, Burg and Oak Hill this week . The depth of the conference is showing , Oaks are on the move . Brisker and Hughes are fantastic players .
May not be true but I heard they had some kids quit.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Gotten quiet. Burgs to lose. Pirate softball strong for next few years.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

JTEK wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:36 pm
ManitouDan2 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:14 am Whats up with Waverly ? D1 pitcher , lots of talent I hear , barely escapes South Webster 3-2 ? Maybe just a game where they didn't hit well . And Minford losing to Russell, Burg and Oak Hill this week . The depth of the conference is showing , Oaks are on the move . Brisker and Hughes are fantastic players .
Yes it's true. I was told the coaching staff is showing favoritism and not treating the girls equally, and quite a few of the starters are on the fence about quitting because of it. This team is about to implode and the coaching staff is responsible. I was told they are taking playing time from upperclassmen and giving it to underclassmen that don't deserve it and have not earned it. I was told that if changes aren't made the next game that more starters will quit.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:40 am
JTEK wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:36 pm
Yes it's true. I was told the coaching staff is showing favoritism and not treating the girls equally, and quite a few of the starters are on the fence about quitting because of it. This team is about to implode and the coaching staff is responsible. I was told they are taking playing time from upperclassmen and giving it to underclassmen that don't deserve it and have not earned it. I was told that if changes aren't made the next game that more starters will quit.
Would like to hear the other side of the story. Always 2 sides.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Sounds to me They are a bunch of quitters.

Our Society continues to get soft. Parents continue to allow it. Too bad! Adversity hits someone now a days the easy way out is just quit or go somewhere else. Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts. How about a parent steps up and says no, you started this now finish it. NOPE, DOESN"T WORK THAT WAY ANYMORE!!!

YaThink!
Waterboy

Post by YaThink! »

Heard the other side of the of the story. Upperclassmen want everything handed to them and don’t want to compete would rather complain and parents follow and complain too. The staff hasn’t played favorites. Sat 2 of better players because they were late for warmups. Haven’t had any players quit since season started. Lost 1 senior for season with an injury. If underclssman are playing better than upperclassmen they should play. End of story.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

YaThink! wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:30 pm Heard the other side of the of the story. Upperclassmen want everything handed to them and don’t want to compete would rather complain and parents follow and complain too. The staff hasn’t played favorites. Sat 2 of better players because they were late for warmups. Haven’t had any players quit since season started. Lost 1 senior for season with an injury. If underclssman are playing better than upperclassmen they should play. End of story.
Thanks, always 2 sides
Truth is usually somewhere in the middle

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

I believe the team is right on track to peak at the right time! The goal is to work out all the kinks through the season so your firing on all cylinders when the tournament starts. Some of the best teams I've seen have had a few losses, and overcame a few obstacles along the way to make a deep tournament run.

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

How many SOC losses does Waverly have? Does anyone have the number of wins/losses for all the other teams?

Return to “Softball”