5/8 Games and Scores

Browns30
JV Team

Re: 5/8 Games and Scores

Post by Browns30 »

and eventually you run out of years, the next two seasons are the Lady Oaks chance to do something and they have the talent to do it. Too bad they feel like this season was a flop .

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

12-12 is still not a bad year considering being in a tough conference. They have a lot of kids coming back and definitely have talent. We don't want to use youth as a crutch as a reason they aren't winning because there are many players and teams in this area doing quite well with just underclassmen on the field. They were disappointed with their loss to SP but it will make them stronger for seasons to come.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

Browns30 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:17 pm
No there’s not a lot of time to practice in season but can someone from Wheelersburg tell me how much they have practiced?? I guarantee it’s more than our zero practices since games started.
I don't know what the situation was in Oak Hill. I've only had pleasant experiences in meeting them.

I will say this about practices though.
This was a bad year for scheduling and practices. With the first 2-3 weeks rained out I know our girls played 6 nights a week for 3 weeks just to get caught up and stay caught up. Not much time to practice and i couldn't see canceling a game to practice lol.
Had the first 8-10 games of the year not been canceled my schedule would have allowed a practice every other day between games. Adjustments had to be made prior to games during walk throughs and really on the fly. It was just a rough year for scheduling. Not sure if that was their issue either but I know it was a few teams problem.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

BobcatBall wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:59 pm
Browns30 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:17 pm
No there’s not a lot of time to practice in season but can someone from Wheelersburg tell me how much they have practiced?? I guarantee it’s more than our zero practices since games started.
I don't know what the situation was in Oak Hill. I've only had pleasant experiences in meeting them.

I will say this about practices though.
This was a bad year for scheduling and practices. With the first 2-3 weeks rained out I know our girls played 6 nights a week for 3 weeks just to get caught up and stay caught up. Not much time to practice and i couldn't see canceling a game to practice lol.
Had the first 8-10 games of the year not been canceled my schedule would have allowed a practice every other day between games. Adjustments had to be made prior to games during walk throughs and really on the fly. It was just a rough year for scheduling. Not sure if that was their issue either but I know it was a few teams problem.
It definitely seemed like it was never going to quit raining. I think that is why a lot of schools have worked on the drainage that many of the fields have in place to ensure they are able to make sure the water doesn't stand on the field in puddles. I have found it interesting that some teams just get a few games in and others get a bunch. I know one poster stated field maintenance but there is just so much you can do. Oak Hill still ended up being 12-12 and is successful in the brutal larger SOC division.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"

Return to “Softball”