D2 Districts

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson vs New Lexington

Vs

Circleville vs Waverly

Sheridan vs Gallia Academy

Vs

Warren vs Fairfield Union

Someone break these down? Betweenthelines? Any northerly knowledge? I know teams like New Lex are always better than their record. Jackson won’t take them lightly.

Circleville vs Waverly? CVille is known for having solid teams with very good pitching? Waverly always a tough out. These teams have the same coaches from 4 years ago?

Sheridan looks to be a top team. Gallia peaking and winning strong.

Warren always a good team....FU, well every team up their way is pretty good so I’d expect the same from them.

Tiger1990
Waterboy

Re: D2 Districts

Post by Tiger1990 »

Jackson offense vs New Lex pitcher will be a good match up but I'll take Jacksons pitching against a average offense from NewLex ... I'll take Jackson!!

Waverly has lots of pitching and a solid lineup ... should be a great matchup against a always solid Circleville program!! Gonna go out on a limb and take Waverly!

Taking Sheridan who I believe is on a collision course to meet Jackson in a titanic matchup!!

Warren v FU is a toss up game ... 2 solid programs and as you said FU is probably better than the record says ...

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Warren led 4-0 needing 6 outs to start the 6th. Gave up 8 runs in the 6th that started with walks and ended with gap shots, and lost 9-4.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Congratulations to The Gallua Academy Blue Angels on a fine season!

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

The Circleville-Waverly game tonight should be a great game along with Jackson-New Lexington. Anyone want to see two great games then head to Ohio University field and action starts at 5.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
RoadMan
Riding the Bench

Post by RoadMan »

Any word on whether the Circleville v Waverly game will be played today? OU or otherwise?

The Artist 44
Waterboy

Post by The Artist 44 »

Scheduled for 5:00 at Chillicothe's High School diamond.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The Artist 44 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:16 pm Scheduled for 5:00 at Chillicothe's High School diamond.
Which is at Mt. Logan, located at 831 E. Main St.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly up 4-1 top of the 7th and batting.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly just went up 5-1. Smith got on and stole second, scored on a single by Doles.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly wins 7-1

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

What are your thoughts on tonight's District Championship games? Should be two good ones if the rain holds off!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly 0
New Lex 0
After two.

New Lex left bases loaded in bottom of 2nd.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly and New Lex knitted at 0 going to the bottom of the 5th.
Tigers got out of a jam in the bottom of the 4th. New Lex had runners on 2nd & 3rd with no outs. A strikeout, pop up to catcher and then. Fly to 2nd got Waverly out of it.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly wins 1-0

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

I got to hang around and assist with Athens softball a little bit this year. We began our season with New Lexington and ended it in the Sectional with Waverly. Those two teams, in my opinion, were the two best overall and well-rounded teams we faced this year. The 1-0 score just might validate that opinion. Congratulations to Waverly. Have a special place in my heart for that town and some life-long friends. Go win it all!

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

Congratulations goes out to Waverly with a very good win over New Lexington last night at OU! Waverly has shown strength all year in the competitive SOC II.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

diamondD1 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 am I got to hang around and assist with Athens softball a little bit this year. We began our season with New Lexington and ended it in the Sectional with Waverly. Those two teams, in my opinion, were the two best overall and well-rounded teams we faced this year. The 1-0 score just might validate that opinion. Congratulations to Waverly. Have a special place in my heart for that town and some life-long friends. Go win it all!
Thanks bro, wish we could have stuck around a little while but had to get back home.
That was a great game last night. NL had several chances early with bases loaded one inning and runners on 2nd & 3rd with no outs in another inning but our young Tigers got out of it.
No one could remember the last time Waverly won a District.
Hope we can keep it going next Wednesday.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

diamondD1 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 am I got to hang around and assist with Athens softball a little bit this year. We began our season with New Lexington and ended it in the Sectional with Waverly. Those two teams, in my opinion, were the two best overall and well-rounded teams we faced this year. The 1-0 score just might validate that opinion. Congratulations to Waverly. Have a special place in my heart for that town and some life-long friends. Go win it all!

Thanks for the kind words diamondD1 and it was good seeing our Athens travel ball buddies in Waverly for the sectionals. New Lexington had a very solid well coached team. Waverly is peaking at the right time, hopefully we keep it rolling.

Return to “Softball”